Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solitaire
    replied
    Thanks for the info - I do have Nero 7 installed I will see about removing either the Codecs or Nero itself - as I dont use it very much.

Keith

Leave a comment:

• Stereodesign
    replied
    I had this problem, and, in my case, it was cuased by Nero installing its own CODEC's. Removal of the Nero CODEC's cure the problem.

Leave a comment:

• Solitaire
    replied
    Hi,
    Update on my problem - Edius screens not opening.
    I opened a project today and Edius window 'Loading' appeared.
    I had a picture on my external monitor from the project but no Edius screens.
    I was about to reboot when I was called away for about 2 mins and on returning
    Edius was present on the screens.
    It appears that it is taking rather a long time to load the 3 x 50 min sd dv files,
    on occasions, other times it will open within a few seconds especially from a reboot.
    Keith

Leave a comment:

• tdtinker
    replied
    Update on problem, Got tech support on the phone and Bryant walked me through a complete reinstall, back up and running with a smile. We are not sure but it may have been the HP software.
    tdtinker

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_BH
    replied
    MFC80U.DLL is a Microsoft Foundation Class (Visual C++) Runtime file.
    Lots of things use those runtimes, and if the installer isn't careful, it can replace a newer version with an older version.

Tech support contact info off link in my sig.

Leave a comment:

• tdtinker
    replied
    I went back to system retore to the point before HP was installed and I'm still getting the same error. Does anyone have the number to teck support?
    tdtinker

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    I would watch printers on an edit PC that come with flash card readers built in, they can be a pain

I would only install the printer driver and no associated software or features

you can do that on a normal office PC

Leave a comment:

• Solitaire
    replied
    Hi,
    I have had a similar problem in that:
    Boot pc open Edius no problem - can do rhis all the time
    exit Edius and run another programe - doesnt seem to matter which
    restart edius - the project selection appears, make selection
    the loading window appears and disappears, but no Edius work screens
    I even get a picture on the monitor, if the cursor was positioned on timeline.
    The only way to correct this is reboot.
    This has only happened since installing v4.52
    The only other programmes installed are all video dvd related but at present I
    havent been able to narrow down a particular program that causes this.
    I am pretty sure it has happened on using at least 3 different programmes
    Any ideas?
    Keith

Leave a comment:

• Rusty
    replied
    Originally posted by tdtinker View Post
    This morning we installed a HP all in-one. This was a replacement for one that had crapped out,
    tdtinker
    UG! Past experience sez, "Install the least amount of HP print junk possible!" There's bound to be something less than full installation for your printer. BTW, HP is a PITA to uninstall too!

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Chandler
    replied
    I doubt it would work now since you have uninstalled and reinstalled Edius, but for future reference problems like this are usually easily repaired by doing a system restore to an earlier known good configuration.

Leave a comment:

• SRsupport
    replied
    Did you install anything?

Leave a comment:

• tdtinker
    replied
    This morning we installed a HP all in-one. This was a replacement for one that had crapped out, But Edius started after that and we used it several times this morning. Then I shut down this afternoon and did put in a different dive in the swappable tray. That's when we started getting the error. Removed the dive bu that didn't make any difference.
    tdtinker

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    What have you installed lately that might have contributed to your problems?

If you uninstall Edius, you should completely delete the c:\program files\Canopus\Edius4 directory...and also the correct EDIUS registry files

Leave a comment:

• tdtinker
    started a topic Edius not opening

Edius not opening

I have been editing using 4.51C for a couple of months now with no problems. This afternoon we are getting a window error when we try and start up Edius. And we get this error....
    Fault bucket 489217790.
    Faulting application edius.exe, version 4.50.0.46, faulting module mfc80u.dll, version 8.0.50727.762, fault address 0x00035bac.

I have uninstalled Edius and reinstalled and we still get the same error.
    I can't find the number for tech support.

Tom Tinker

A.C.T. Video Productions, Inc

253-926-2440
Working...
X