Edius 8 upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fred Dwyer View Post
    My dealer sent me nothing. All I know is what I read here.
    The dealer didn't send you anything? If you purchased the upgrade as a download, you should have been sent an invoice, a serial number and a link to the download.

How could you have filled in the form without the information?
    Edius 8.53WG, Vistitle 2.8, Windows 10 x64 Pro Fall Update, Asus Z87 Pro, Intel i7-4770K, 16 GB 1600 Corsair Vengence LP RAM, Samsung 840 Pro SSD 256GB, WD Black 2TB media drive, Intel HD 4600 GPU, MSI GTX660 2GB VGA, Coolermaster Silencio 652 case, Noctua NH-U12S CPU cooler, Cakewalk UA-25EX USB audio interface, Cakewalk MA-15D monitor speakers, BM Intensity Pro 4K, PlextorPX-LB950SA BD writer, Dell U2410 Monitor

Comment

Contact your dealer and have them send you your E8 Pro serial number. Then apply for you workgroup upgrade and GV will send you a new serial number for workgroup and deactivate your pro serial number.
      My System: Edius Workgroup 9.51 & 10.0, Intel I9-9900K 3.60GHz Liquid Cooling, MSI Z390-A PRO MB, 32-GB Mem, GeForce GTX 1660 6GB GPU, BM Intensity Pro 4K Card, Win 10 Pro

Comment

Just to clear the air from our side of things...

At one point Grass Valley distributors in the USA were completely out of both the BOX version and DOWNLOAD codes for EDIUS upgrades.

Our apologies for any delay from anyone that has ordered from Safe Harbor. Unfortunately this is out of our control.

We have more BOX versions on the way and plenty of download codes available.

For those that have been waiting - THANK YOU for your patience.

Comment

Clearly I don't have a Pro 8 serial since I just ordered it and it's not shipping yet.
          That does not sound right. I ordered the upgrade from Safe Harbor Computers over a week ago, boxed, not download. The package arrived a week ago, so it has been shipping for a while. It was shipped for Sharbor by a"fullfillment" company, and had the Edius Pro 8 serial number in the package.

What is still a bit confusing is whether or not the on-line form I filled out will eventually yield the Workgroup serial without further action by me. I note that it did not result it being listed among my registered products as of yesterday.

Comment

You should have received a confirmation email from GV after you filled out the form. If you did not, you should contact them.
            My System: Edius Workgroup 9.51 & 10.0, Intel I9-9900K 3.60GHz Liquid Cooling, MSI Z390-A PRO MB, 32-GB Mem, GeForce GTX 1660 6GB GPU, BM Intensity Pro 4K Card, Win 10 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by dpalomaki View Post
              That does not sound right. I ordered the upgrade from Safe Harbor Computers over a week ago, boxed, not download. The package arrived a week ago, so it has been shipping for a while. It was shipped for Sharbor by a"fullfillment" company, and had the Edius Pro 8 serial number in the package.
              It varies. We only received our first batch of 7 to 8 Upgrade numbers yesterday, so just because you got a boxed product doesn't mean that they have received serial numbers or that they actually have any left in stock
              DVC Built Clevo P775DM3-G Laptop with UHD screen, 7700K [email protected], Geforce GTX 1060 6GB GPU, 500GB M.2 Primary, 1x 480GB SSD, 1x1TB M.2, 1x 2TB 5400RPM Video drives, external Blu-ray Optical

Comment

The dealer didn't send you anything? If you purchased the upgrade as a download, you should have been sent an invoice, a serial number and a link to the download.

How could you have filled in the form without the information?

I purchased it "boxed." I did receive an invoice but "nothing" about the upgrade procedure. I filled out the form based on information supplied in this forum.
                -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Simple: They ran out of stock. It is now backordered.
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                You should have received a confirmation email from GV after you filled out the form. If you did not, you should contact them.

I did receive an automated confirmation of receipt. That does not mean it is filled out in a manner which will result in my receiving the Workgroup upgrade.
                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                This morning the dealer has sent a note offering to change my order from "boxed" to "download." Think I will do that to speed things up.
                Last edited by Fred Dwyer; 07-17-2015, 03:56 PM.
                Fred D
                Win 7 Pro-64 bit, EDIUS Workgroup 8.5, Intel Ivy Bridge i5, ASUS P8Z77-V-LK, 8GB Kningston DDR3, Pioneer BDR-209UBK, EVGA NVIDEA GEForce GT630, Corsair TX750M 750w Power Supply, 4 WD Black HDD for 3.15TB, ACEDVIO, Spark HD, eSATA controller, ANTEC 300 case.

Comment

You might want to change the red text as it's very difficult to read.

We were told that 7 to 8 Upgrades were only ever going to be download. Only full versions would come boxed.
                  DVC Built Clevo P775DM3-G Laptop with UHD screen, 7700K [email protected], Geforce GTX 1060 6GB GPU, 500GB M.2 Primary, 1x 480GB SSD, 1x1TB M.2, 1x 2TB 5400RPM Video drives, external Blu-ray Optical

Comment

Originally posted by Adbear View Post
                    We were told that 7 to 8 Upgrades were only ever going to be download. Only full versions would come boxed.
                    Same here. Maybe they are doing what I am considering, making my own media.
                    AMD Ryzen 9 5950X, RTX 3080, 64GB RAM, EDIUS X WG.

Comment

Originally posted by Adbear View Post
                      You might want to change the red text as it's very difficult to read.

7 to 8 upgrades are available in boxed form, in the U.S.
                      Fred D
                      Win 7 Pro-64 bit, EDIUS Workgroup 8.5, Intel Ivy Bridge i5, ASUS P8Z77-V-LK, 8GB Kningston DDR3, Pioneer BDR-209UBK, EVGA NVIDEA GEForce GT630, Corsair TX750M 750w Power Supply, 4 WD Black HDD for 3.15TB, ACEDVIO, Spark HD, eSATA controller, ANTEC 300 case.

Comment

As Shueardm said I also suspect they are making their own for the upgrades

Comment

I just got my first of 3 upgrades, I installed it as a demo until I get the other 3and im sure I want to use it. It kinda looks like that old Corel editing software from the late 90s or Premiere 6.5:)
                          Randy

Asus sabertooth MB Z97 16 gigs of ram SSD system and edit drives Nvidia GTX-660 video card

Comment

After I completed the form last Saturday (July 11th) I received the following in the confirmation response from GV: "Please note: it may take up to 10 business days to receive the download information and serial key for your free upgrade to EDIUS 8. For a limited period only, we will be supplying EDIUS Workgroup 8 instead of EDIUS Pro 8."

Comment

I just received my message from GV with my E8-Workgroup serial number, after buying the E8 Upgrade download version from Safe Harbor, and filling out the online form.

The message from GV states: "Please note that it is a condition of this offer that your original EDIUS Pro 8 serial number will be deactivated 14 days from the date of this email."

Question: What does this mean? I did receive the E8-Pro serial number from Safe Harbor, but I have not registered it with GV Support, nor have I installed it, nor will I.

How does one "deactivate" their E8-Pro serial number? Is this something I have to do, or does GV do it automatically?
                              Regards,

Jon

#1: Iwill DK8N, 2 x 270 Opterons, 2 Gb RAM, WinXPPro-32, Edius 5.51, NX PCI-X & HDV Expansion, ProCoder 3, Imaginate 2, Sony WV-DR9, Sony EDV-9500, Sony GV-D200.
                              #2: Asus P5E, Q9400, WinXPPro-32, Edius 6.07, HD Spark
                              #3: Edius SP with Breakout Box, Win10, Edius 7.53

Comment

We will do this automatically. :)
                                It is just a fair heads up that you should apply the work-group serial number within 14 days.
                                Steve

Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
                                EDIUS support and Downloads

Comment

Working...
                                X