X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John_Glantz
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin_Gleeson View Post
    I simply cannot get an MPEG file produced by Procoder to work properly in Encore 2.0. I've had to stick to Encore 1.5 because of it, so I'm reluctant to upgrade to CS.

Have you tried to use Closed GOP for compatibilty?

Leave a comment:

• Aristotelis
    replied
    I'm using 4.24 with AE7 - the output plugin works BUT does not allow you to have After Effects and Edius open at the same time -

Why these output plugs can't be made to operate correctly is beyond me - very short sighted.

Paul
    It have been requested by stormdave in http://ediusforum.grassvalley.com/fo...read.php?t=450
    Vote for it!

Leave a comment:

• PaulTV
    replied
    I'm using 4.24 with AE7 - the output plugin works BUT does not allow you to have After Effects and Edius open at the same time -

Why these output plugs can't be made to operate correctly is beyond me - very short sighted.

Paul

Leave a comment:

• Jeff in Ocala
    replied
    does anyone know what the highest verion of edius that still has the video output for after effects? I am currently running 3.64 for a variety or reasons one of which is the AE video out. I have a canopus turnkey system NX with the HDV upgrade. thanks

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    Originally posted by rsn108 View Post
    One feature I like about DVD Lab Pro is that you can put a command in to force the TV to play 16:9 DVDs in Pan and Scan mode, so it plays full screen without letterboxing on a 4:3 TV
    in order to speed the world to convert to widescreen, I for one would refuse to do that

letterbox on 4:3 is fine because the user is already used to it when watching hollywood movies

besides, you don't want to just chop the sides :)

Leave a comment:

• rsn108
    replied
    I’m mainly using DVD Lab Pro 2.22. I’ve done many projects with it without any troubles. Used Encore in its earlier incarnations and thought it was ok but not outstanding.

One feature I like about DVD Lab Pro is that you can put a command in to force the TV to play 16:9 DVDs in Pan and Scan mode, so it plays full screen without letterboxing on a 4:3 TV (although the viewer can letterbox if they want) but full screen on a wide screen TV.

Leave a comment:

• Martin_Gleeson
    replied
    Firstly, I use these settings (which are standard):

I then tried using the following settings (which are similar to the settings the Encore inbuilt encoder uses):

Unfortunately, the problems still exist. When rendering a motion menu with video thumbnails from the above file, the render process freezes at random points and causes Encore to crash.

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    Are you guys using Closed GOP and the latest version of PC2? It is 2.04. You should be using the DVD presets.

Leave a comment:

• aldigitalguy
    replied
    Encore 2.0

Are you making your files directly from the timeline? What settings are you using? I guess I am one of the lucky ones I have never had compatibility issues. Master from all of those titles that I done have been sent to commercially pumped and I have never had any complaints.

Leave a comment:

• aldigitalguy
    replied
    Encore 2.0

I had problems with an early release of 2.0, but since then none at all. I love Encore 2.0 and have been able to over 100 DVD titles with it. Most using Sonic eDVD as well. I would check the version and try again.

Leave a comment:

• PaulTV
    replied
    All very strange, I get crashes in Encore 2 sometimes and not others - 1.5 is more reliable with Procoder produced files, Encore 2 sometimes crashes out during playback of a project.

There's a lot of complaining about incompatability with Procoder files on the Adobe Encore website

Paul

Leave a comment:

• Martin_Gleeson
    replied
    The problem only occurs on menus with animated video buttons. I though I had this sorted out a few weeks ago, but unfortunately not.

When I drag a chapter point to a chapter button on any of the supplied Encore chapter menus, animate the button and render; the render freezes at random points.

I've tried exact same projects with and without Procoder mpeg files and in the case of Procoder only, the problem occurs.

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    I use Encore 2 only, since its release....ProCoder 2 files work fine for me, I've been through hundreds of them.

Leave a comment:

• Martin_Gleeson
    replied
    I'd pre-ordered Premiere Pro CS and then cancelled it. I simply cannot get an MPEG file produced by Procoder to work properly in Encore 2.0. I've had to stick to Encore 1.5 because of it, so I'm reluctant to upgrade to CS.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    Re: GV interaction with CS3

EDIUS hardware - No more support, except perhaps video output plug-ins for newer versions of AE and Photoshop (nothing concrete yet that I know of).

ProCoder 3 - Unsure - they don't have a demo for me to test with yet. I assume it's supported, but I will ammend the FAQ in the PC3 forum once I know one way or the other.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X