Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Martin_Gleeson
    • May 2007

Firstly, I use these settings (which are standard):

I then tried using the following settings (which are similar to the settings the Encore inbuilt encoder uses):

Unfortunately, the problems still exist. When rendering a motion menu with video thumbnails from the above file, the render process freezes at random points and causes Encore to crash.
    Windows 10 Pro. Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming mainboard, Intel i7-8700K processor, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Radeon R9 270 2GB DDR5 Graphics.
    Samsung SSD Drives for system and mixture of SSD and 7200 SATA for video storage.

Edius 9.50. Blackmagic Intensity Pro 4k
    Dublin, Ireland. PAL.

Comment

• rsn108
      • May 2007

I’m mainly using DVD Lab Pro 2.22. I’ve done many projects with it without any troubles. Used Encore in its earlier incarnations and thought it was ok but not outstanding.

One feature I like about DVD Lab Pro is that you can put a command in to force the TV to play 16:9 DVDs in Pan and Scan mode, so it plays full screen without letterboxing on a 4:3 TV (although the viewer can letterbox if they want) but full screen on a wide screen TV.
      Desktop: Intel Vernonia-R Server Board, dual Xeon 5420 2.5Ghz (8 cores), Vista Ultimate 64 Bit, 12 GB RAM, NVidia 9800Gt 512MB graphics, 320 GB system drive, 2x1TB Seagate editing drives (not in RAID), 30 inch HP monitor.

Laptop: Toshiba Portege R700 2.66 Ghz cpu, 4GB RAM, 500GB hard drive

Comment

• antonsvideo
        • May 2007

Originally posted by rsn108
        One feature I like about DVD Lab Pro is that you can put a command in to force the TV to play 16:9 DVDs in Pan and Scan mode, so it plays full screen without letterboxing on a 4:3 TV
        in order to speed the world to convert to widescreen, I for one would refuse to do that

letterbox on 4:3 is fine because the user is already used to it when watching hollywood movies

besides, you don't want to just chop the sides :)
        Anton Strauss
        Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 64GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

• Jeff in Ocala
          • May 2007

does anyone know what the highest verion of edius that still has the video output for after effects? I am currently running 3.64 for a variety or reasons one of which is the AE video out. I have a canopus turnkey system NX with the HDV upgrade. thanks

Comment

• PaulTV
            • May 2007

I'm using 4.24 with AE7 - the output plugin works BUT does not allow you to have After Effects and Edius open at the same time -

Why these output plugs can't be made to operate correctly is beyond me - very short sighted.

Paul
            Edius Edits at: http://www.vimeo.com/user781619/videos

System 1) AMD 7950x 16 core 32 thread 5.5Ghz 2x RTX3060 BM 4k mini monitor. System 2) Asus X79 4930K 6 core @4.4GHz Water Cooled. 8TB Raid , 32TB Raid 5 Decklink HD Extreme. 3X Sony AX53 Sony AX700 BMPCC 4K

http://indiestereographer.blogspot.co.uk

Comment

• Aristotelis
              • May 2007

I'm using 4.24 with AE7 - the output plugin works BUT does not allow you to have After Effects and Edius open at the same time -

Why these output plugs can't be made to operate correctly is beyond me - very short sighted.

Paul
              It have been requested by stormdave in http://ediusforum.grassvalley.com/fo...read.php?t=450
              Vote for it!
              Aristotelis Bafaloukos
              Systems Engineer, Video Editor, 3D Artist
              BEng (Hons), MSc, MBCS

Ctrl+Alt+Delete

Comment

• John_Glantz
                • May 2007

Originally posted by Martin_Gleeson
                I simply cannot get an MPEG file produced by Procoder to work properly in Encore 2.0. I've had to stick to Encore 1.5 because of it, so I'm reluctant to upgrade to CS.

Have you tried to use Closed GOP for compatibilty?
                John Glantz

Comment

Working...