Adobe Production Suite CS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adobe Production Suite CS3

I have just gotten my hands on the new Adobe Creative CS3 Production Premium and will be reviewing it for hdguru.com and wemakebluray.com. I am excited about the intergration with all the Adobe products and wonder if Edius and Procoder will still integrate with Adobe. Adobe certainly has made n amazing package with the additions from buying Serious Magic. DVRack and HDVRack now called On Location and Ultra chroma keying package are included with the set. Does anyone have any ideas on future plans that Grass Valley has for our beloved Edius and Procoder?
    Al Caudullo
    Explore 3D Productions
    "Because the world isn't flat, so why watch it that way?"
    3D Evangelist
    www.exploreworldtv.com
    www.3dGuy.tv
    Skype ID: al.caudullo

Can you please tell us if ProCoder 3 plugs into PPCS3?

Also, that domain wemakebluray.com...... doens't display any page but i'm interested to see whateber it is.
    VIDEODESK AUSTRALIA http://videodesk.com.au

Comment

As far as Grass Valley/Canopus cards working with Adobe Premiere, you gotta forget about this one. After Effects output plugins aren't taken seriously either.

As far as ProCoder, PC3 supports PPro 2.x as it says on the specs page...I'm sure a new patch will be released to support CS3.

By the way, I will be upgrading to CS3 Production Suite very soon as well. I want the new Photoshop as well as the multi-core supported After Effects CS3.

PS. One downside with OnLocation is that it's for Windows only, so Mac users will be let down if they don't know about this.

Comment

I am not sure about Procoder yet. I have already played with the new Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects. I am now working in Premire Pro. Next step will be a slightly buggy Encore. I already played with it and there is a bug in the version that I have. I am waiting for Adobe to send a new versions. Should be here soon. Official release date for the Studio Suite is July.
        You are right about On Location, but being a PC guy, I will but cry for the Mac users!!!
        Al Caudullo
        Explore 3D Productions
        3D Evangelist
        www.exploreworldtv.com
        www.3dGuy.tv

Comment

wemakebluray.com

Sorry, I haven't finished setting up wemakebluray.com yet. It should be active in a week or so. Check out my site at www.videodmg.com it has some video on it as well.
          Al Caudullo
          Explore 3D Productions
          3D Evangelist
          www.exploreworldtv.com
          www.3dGuy.tv

Comment

M2T files

I will tell you that I am impressed with the way that Premire Pro handles .m2t files. Much better than Edius. 2 video layers of m2t's and no stalling!
            Hey Grass Valley, love you guys, let's see Edius get up to speed! (Maybe 4.5???)
            Al Caudullo
            Explore 3D Productions
            3D Evangelist
            www.exploreworldtv.com
            www.3dGuy.tv

Comment

Originally posted by STORMDAVE View Post
              As far as ProCoder, PC3 supports PPro 2.x as it says on the specs page...I'm sure a new patch will be released to support CS3.
              Dave,
              PC3 has the PPro2 plugin. I also imported the two files that control that into
              my PPro1.5 and it worked. I'm hoping that it will do the same for CS3.
              I'm pretty sure Adobe is not doing a major rewrite on CS3 as they did when moving into PPRO 1.0.
              Jerry
              Six Gill DV
              www.sgdvtutorials.com
              If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
              http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
              Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Re: GV interaction with CS3

EDIUS hardware - No more support, except perhaps video output plug-ins for newer versions of AE and Photoshop (nothing concrete yet that I know of).

ProCoder 3 - Unsure - they don't have a demo for me to test with yet. I assume it's supported, but I will ammend the FAQ in the PC3 forum once I know one way or the other.

Comment

I'd pre-ordered Premiere Pro CS and then cancelled it. I simply cannot get an MPEG file produced by Procoder to work properly in Encore 2.0. I've had to stick to Encore 1.5 because of it, so I'm reluctant to upgrade to CS.
                  Windows 10 Pro. Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming mainboard, Intel i7-8700K processor, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Radeon R9 270 2GB DDR5 Graphics.
                  Samsung SSD Drives for system and mixture of SSD and 7200 SATA for video storage.

Edius 9.50. Blackmagic Intensity Pro 4k
                  Dublin, Ireland. PAL.

Comment

I use Encore 2 only, since its release....ProCoder 2 files work fine for me, I've been through hundreds of them.

Comment

The problem only occurs on menus with animated video buttons. I though I had this sorted out a few weeks ago, but unfortunately not.

When I drag a chapter point to a chapter button on any of the supplied Encore chapter menus, animate the button and render; the render freezes at random points.

I've tried exact same projects with and without Procoder mpeg files and in the case of Procoder only, the problem occurs.
                      Windows 10 Pro. Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming mainboard, Intel i7-8700K processor, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Radeon R9 270 2GB DDR5 Graphics.
                      Samsung SSD Drives for system and mixture of SSD and 7200 SATA for video storage.

Edius 9.50. Blackmagic Intensity Pro 4k
                      Dublin, Ireland. PAL.

Comment

All very strange, I get crashes in Encore 2 sometimes and not others - 1.5 is more reliable with Procoder produced files, Encore 2 sometimes crashes out during playback of a project.

There's a lot of complaining about incompatability with Procoder files on the Adobe Encore website

Paul
                        Edius Edits at: http://www.vimeo.com/user781619/videos

1) AMD 3900X 12 core 4.6Ghz 2) Asus X79 4930K 6 core @4.4GHz Water Cooled. 480GB REVO3x2 System drive, 4TB Raid 0, 4 TB E-Sata Raid 5, 32GB RAM, GTX1070Ti Decklink HD Extreme. 3X Sony AX53 Sony AX700 BMPCC 4K

http://indiestereographer.blogspot.co.uk

Comment

Encore 2.0

I had problems with an early release of 2.0, but since then none at all. I love Encore 2.0 and have been able to over 100 DVD titles with it. Most using Sonic eDVD as well. I would check the version and try again.
                          Al Caudullo
                          Explore 3D Productions
                          3D Evangelist
                          www.exploreworldtv.com
                          www.3dGuy.tv

Comment

Encore 2.0

Are you making your files directly from the timeline? What settings are you using? I guess I am one of the lucky ones I have never had compatibility issues. Master from all of those titles that I done have been sent to commercially pumped and I have never had any complaints.
                            Al Caudullo
                            Explore 3D Productions
                            3D Evangelist
                            www.exploreworldtv.com
                            www.3dGuy.tv

Comment

Are you guys using Closed GOP and the latest version of PC2? It is 2.04. You should be using the DVD presets.

Comment

Working...
                              X