Iphone footage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iphone footage

I am editing a small amount of footage (12 minutes) from an IPhone 6 footage on my Edius 6.08 system. System and specs are excellent.

My problem is, even on my time line it runs with a small amount of jerkiness, and music has a bubbly sound.

I have also had difficulty in rendering all of the file. Used Colour Fixer plus in certain areas and file won't render.

I have edited many AVCD with no problems.
    Repeating it's not my system.
    preset is 1920 x 1080, progressive frame rate 60
    regards
    Pete
    Intel (R) Core i7-770 CPU 3.6ghz
    Ram -32gig, 64 bit Windows 10 Pro
    GeForceGTX 1050 T

what frame rate is the iphone footage

can you inspect with mediainfo (free) and post a screenshot (png) of mediainfo tree view

and also a screenshot of your project settings with advanced expanded (because it opens 99% of times in collapsed mode so that users have to make an extra click so that the mouse gets its daily workout)
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Hi Anton, will do asap when i get home.
      Regards pete
      GeForceGTX 1050 T

Comment

Try using one of the apps that allow you to use a fixed frame rate. A lot of apps use variable frame rate, which I still don't understand the use of.

If you have used a fixed frame rate, for instance 25, and the properties inspector is saying something like 25.1 Then force the clip to 25 in properties. Edius can still get the frame rate slightly out, even when you've definitely shot at 25 for instance. But forcing it will usually do the trick.

If it's VFR, I boubt you will have much luck in Edius.

"There's only one thing more powerful than knowledge. The free sharing of it"

If you don't know the difference between Azimuth and Asimov, then either your tapes sound bad and your Robot is very dangerous. Kill all humans...... Or your tape deck won't harm a human, and your Robot's tracking and stereo imagining is spot on.

Is your Robot three laws safe?

Comment

Are you viewing the jerkiness on your editing monitors or on an external television/broadcast monitor fed by an I/O card?
          The Edius overlay, in some cases, will give the appearance of a poor playing project. Having an external monitor connected to a GV or other 3rd party card is the only way to be sure of WYSIWYG.
          Jerry
          Six Gill DV
          www.sgdvtutorials.com
          If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
          http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
          Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Hi Jerry, viewing on my computer moniter
            GeForceGTX 1050 T

Comment

If your project matches the clip and you are getting the jerkiness, it is probably the overlay. You could export some of the iPhone footage and then view it in VLC or Media Player to check if it is jerking. If the jerkiness is in the clip you will see it. If it is the overlay, you shouldn't.
              Jerry
              Six Gill DV
              www.sgdvtutorials.com
              If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
              http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
              Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Thanks Jerry, when i get into the office i will try alll that.
                GeForceGTX 1050 T

Comment

Thank you all very much for your prompt advice. I am a little embarrassed , but as I was someone elses laptop for this job, I didn't realise I had several programs running in background. Switched them off, and all runs smoothly. Apologises again, and thank you.
                  regards
                  Pete Rhodes
                  GeForceGTX 1050 T

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                    Thank you all very much for your prompt advice. I am a little embarrassed , but as I was someone elses laptop for this job, I didn't realise I had several programs running in background. Switched them off, and all runs smoothly. Apologises again, and thank you.
                    regards
                    Pete Rhodes
                    Hi Pete.

Out of interest. What app did you use to record the footage? And what does Edius say the frame rate is if you look at the properties when right clicking one of the files in the bin?

I only ask as I have done a fair bit with iOS video and Edius, and you do have to be careful with how you record the footage in the first instance. The easiest way to make sure that everything is ok, with regard the recorded frame rate and how it matches to your Edius project settings. Is to, randomly pause through a clip on the time line and see if you get ghosting (frame interpolation) on any of the paused frames.

If everything is as expected, you can get great results with iOS video and the edit via Edius.

Cheers,
                    Dave.

If you don't know the difference between Azimuth and Asimov, then either your tapes sound bad and your Robot is very dangerous. Kill all humans...... Or your tape deck won't harm a human, and your Robot's tracking and stereo imagining is spot on.

Comment

I don't have an IPhone 6 but I did get a sample that was recorded at 120fps and the user said he couldn't find a way to change that
                      AMD Ryzen 9 5950X, AMD Radeon 6800XT, 64GB RAM, EDIUS X WG.

Comment

Originally posted by shueardm View Post
                        I don't have an IPhone 6 but I did get a sample that was recorded at 120fps and the user said he couldn't find a way to change that
                        Hi Mark.

That's a high frame rate clip for slow motion. If you right click on its properties in the bin and force its frame rate to match the project, for instance 25P. Then the clip should play back for perfect slow motion with no ghosting (frame interpolation).

Cheers,
                        Dave.

Comment

I have never put it in EDIUS this clip, just relaying what the person told me, it doesnt sound correct to me - but -what he said. In fact, with the iPhone 6 Slo Motion is 240fps isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by shueardm View Post
                            I have never put it in EDIUS this clip, just relaying what the person told me, it doesnt sound correct to me - but -what he said. In fact, with the iPhone 6 Slo Motion is 240fps isn't it?
                            It could be anything, there are a number of apps that allow for selecting various frame rates.

The files are not going to be very compatible outside of the phone apps and QT, or other players that read the files correctly. The main problem will be that whatever is playing the files back may not understand that they are slow motion files, especially considering the info/metadata in the QT/MOV being seen properly.

If it's not an Edius situation that you are talking about, then your friend will have to try and find compatibility with another NLE, if they are wanting to edit the footage.

Although Edius can have certain difficulty with certain QT files, you can generally get what you want even if it means forcing the frame rate to correct it.

I've used a number of high frame rate footage sources for slow motion and ramping, including Phantom footage, and Edius has been perfect for what I've done.

I use a few iOS apps for capture. But even though they allow for selectable fixed frame rates. You may still have to force the frame rates in Edius.

Here's an example of an iOS video that needed the frame rate of the source clips forcing in Edius. You will see that the frame sync is perfect with no ghosting (frame interpolation)

IPHONE 5 FOOTAGE SHOT AT 25P

Comment

I only got the sample for conversion to web video and didn't require EDIUS. So I never put it in an NLE.

Comment

Working...
                              X