Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exporting Avid DNxHD Colour Space

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I AMA'd the MOV clips into Avid so I could change the colour space settings in the bin but have not tried. Avid MXF files never AMA link, but I have put them in media folders before with no problems. Sometimes they do what they are doing now and its all down to permission. I could sort it out in 5 minutes if I had 5 minutes spare today, but I haven't.

Automatic duck got bought by Adobe and so I am not sure you can get it anymore. It because the "pro import" in After Effects. It was great for doing AAFs between programs.

However, all Advision really needs is a way to reliably make something from EDIUS which then goes into Avid with the minimum amount of fuss. If you wanted to do all your grading a in 10 bit project then the best thing would be to edit in a 10 bit project, export an HQX file and then load that into an 8 bit project for export. Then at least all the grading is done in the best quality and it is just converted once.
    EDIUS silver certified trainer.
    Main edit laptop: DVC Kaby Lake desktop processor laptop, 32GB RAM, 3.5Ghz i5 desktop processor, nVidia 1060, Windows 10.
    Desktop: 4Ghz 9900K processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1660TI GPU, Windows 10.
    Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10

Comment

You can do some jiggery pockery with source settings once it is AMA'd, but with AMA you do not set anything on import. If you try and import an MXF clips in DNxHD format Avid won't accept it. I ama'd the Quicktime files and they worked so I left it at that.

My only problem was getting in the MXF file which I should have been able to just drop into the media folder and Avid would take it but it did not. I have had this before with Avid and can sort it out but I haven't given that we have working solution.
      EDIUS silver certified trainer.
      Main edit laptop: DVC Kaby Lake desktop processor laptop, 32GB RAM, 3.5Ghz i5 desktop processor, nVidia 1060, Windows 10.
      Desktop: 4Ghz 9900K processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1660TI GPU, Windows 10.
      Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10

Comment

Originally posted by David Clarke

My only problem was getting in the MXF file which I should have been able to just drop into the media folder and Avid would take it but it did not. I have had this before with Avid and can sort it out but I haven't given that we have working solution.
        David. This is what I was referring to earlier. You can't do a straight import or drop it in the MXF folder. You would have to get an associated Avid database file, which will happen with the GV recommended workflow, then you can do internal Avid media movements from project to project. Although the Edius MXF file is fully compliant, you still can't do the same with Avid MXF media from one Avid to another, without the database file. This is what happens on a few different versions of Avid, maybe the new one will see the files as an Avid asset.

"There's only one thing more powerful than knowledge. The free sharing of it"

If you don't know the difference between Azimuth and Asimov, then either your tapes sound bad and your Robot is very dangerous. Kill all humans...... Or your tape deck won't harm a human, and your Robot's tracking and stereo imagining is spot on.

Is your Robot three laws safe?

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎