X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plekkie
    replied
    Originally posted by GrassValley_BH View Post
    Can you render similar elements? The second one has the advantage of a non-black background which makes it blend better perceptually.
    Here you are.... BluffTitler same show with black background. Same settings, same procedure, same section shown.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_BH
    replied
    Can you render similar elements? The second one has the advantage of a non-black background which makes it blend better perceptually.

Leave a comment:

• plekkie
    replied
    Originally posted by SRsupport View Post
    You don't see stairstepping on the blue and gold? It looks bad even with those settings. I am using 29.97.
    When you render at 720 is looks even worse.

Play it out to a broadcast monitor and you'll see it.
    It could be that my expectations are too high

Good luck with it.

Sr
    I have imported the rendered BluffTitler file into an Edius project (Full HD) and made a screenshot (odd field - no filtering - adjust aspect.png) from the timeline with the text in tilted position. Blown up the image to 200% in Paintshop pro, and copied a section with blue and gold. Then I did the same with a text in QuickTitler (I thought it would be fair to use "BluffTitler" as text).

They both have stairstepping, but which one is the worst.......?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    Originally posted by mike0130 View Post
    Ask yourself a question- why you do not have a Premiere plugin since Premiere 1.5?
    Because Grass Valley and Adobe are rivals in the NLE business? It wouldn't make sense for GV to develop plugins for Premiere CS3 for the NX because Edius sells the NX and Edius can also be bought as a standalone application.

Leave a comment:

• mike0130
    replied
    I think that there bis a problem with format here: Edius working with YUV format, Bluff is RGB...
    And you may ask for more- why not to have a plug for Particle Illusion? Nice realtime particles...
    Ask yourself a question- why you do not have a Premiere plugin since Premiere 1.5?

Leave a comment:

• emmanuel_f
    replied
    You does see stairstepping on the blue and gold? It looks bad even with those settings. I am using 29.97.

Good luck with it.

Sr
    I think you're right... your expectation may be too high. Don't forget Bluff is US$60. What are you comparing it with? My guess is if you're using a broadcast titler it's probably worth 10 times that.

The eager responce from Micheil at OuterSpace Software [the makers of Bluff titler] leads me to believe he would happily listen to any and all feedback from their users. He is genuinely very keen to get the plug developed for Edius which is more than what I've seen from GV so far... hopefully that will change real soon.

I'm extremely keen to see this plug developed ASAP. Quick titler is so basic it's probably the biggest thorn in Edius' side. GV ought to be doing something very soon with the title side of things. If they can't they should be falling over themselves welcoming developers like OuterSpace.

C'mon, guys, let's fix it!!

Leave a comment:

• SRsupport
    replied
    You don't see stairstepping on the blue and gold? It looks bad even with those settings. I am using 29.97.

Good luck with it.

Sr
    Last edited by SRsupport; 11-13-2007, 03:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• plekkie
    replied
    Before making a pluging for edius the low quality edges on 3 d should be fixed first.
    I don't think it has a change if the mediocre quality does not get fixed.
    I have tested the so called super high anti aliasing and I guess I have been using high quality titlers for to long because I am not impressed.

But I guess there could be need for a tilter like that.
    For a test render out the start up show called airbrush. You'll see it immediately.

Sr
    I did render Airbrush.bt to try out:
    Settings (see command menu): High quality,
    Exported to Movie: resolution 1920x1080, 25 fps, Compressed avi with Canopus HQ.
    Filesize 35Mb.

Did you use the same settings? Looks OK to me, but perhaps we have different expectations.

Leave a comment:

• SRsupport
    replied
    Before making a pluging for edius the low quality edges on 3 d should be fixed first.
    I don't think it has a change if the bad quality does not get fixed.
    I have tested the so called super high anti aliasing and I guess I have been using high quality tilters for to long because I am not impressed.

But I guess there could be need for a tilter like that.
    For a test render out the start up show called airbrush. You'll see it immediately.

Sr
    Last edited by SRsupport; 11-13-2007, 12:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Jim N
    replied
    I had misplaced my licence key from Bluff Titler which I needed after upgrading to the next version, Michiel den Outer the maker of BT kindly supplied me with a copy from his records but also made this comment after a query about a plug-in for Edius...

'We would love to make a plugin for Edius. I'm sure it can be done very quickly if Grass Valley could give us full technical support.'

No doubt there are lots of conflicting priorities for GV with software development for Edius but the more plug-ins that are available the more sexier the software becomes. I hope they can get a SDK out there soon, as this development work (that makes Edius more versatile and saleable) is done by someone else so it is less strain on GV's resources, and everyone wins!

Jim

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    Correct. I haven't gotten around to it yet. Please be patient.

Leave a comment:

• plekkie
    replied
    Originally posted by emmanuel_f View Post
    Thanks Brandon. I will look for that and post my formal request there.

What are the chances of getting a responce on this?

TIA
    I submitted a feature request a couple of days ago, as suggested. However, up till now I have not seen it appear in the "Feature requests" forum. I guess it has not been approved (yet) by a moderator....

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    Difficult to say, especially in the short-term. EDIUS currently does not have a freely available SDK for any developer to run with. We are still in the process of determining what SLAs and such need to be put into place, when dealing with a larger array of third party developers.

I say this, because I don't want people putting up hopes on getting a plug-in anytime soon.

Leave a comment:

• emmanuel_f
    replied
    Originally posted by GrassValley_BH View Post
    Look further down in the list of forums...
    Thanks Brandon. I will look for that and post my formal request there.

What are the chances of getting a responce on this?

TIA

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_BH
    replied
    Originally posted by plekkie View Post
    Do you know of GV having something like "feature requests" for Edius, or will posting in this forum be sufficient?
    Look further down in the list of forums...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X