No announcement yet.

Another Titler options- Bluff Titler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I looked at bluftitler a while ago and the results where mediocre for broadcast.
    All that mumbo jumbo about your graphics card solving those jaggies is pure nonsense.
    Output from bluff titler did not look good on a broadcast monitor.
    Maybe they have finally got it fixed and produce broadcast quality titles.

SR
    Steve
    EDIUS Trainer, Grass Cutter Gold
    A proud EDIUS EDITOR
    For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

Even before the current 4.5x problems with it, TM has never exactly been a good piece of software. Granted that if you know it well and can work with its idiosyncrasies then the results can be very, very good. However there have always been lots of unexplained anomalies, and the GUI is so quirky it is hard to distinguish the bugs from 'normal' behaviour! (I have a long list, but I won't bother setting them all out here.) Everybody complained about it in the SpeedRazor days. Heck, even owners of Harris' Velocity NLE complain furiously about it - so I don't see much chance of GV having any influence with the manufacturers.

Actually I have quite a lot of sympathy for the Edius software people, as I am pretty sure they are trying to fix something which is largely outside their influence. Everything TM does wrong is highly symptomatic of memory leakage - so I guess all the programmers can do is try to wipe up the mess after it has occured.

There obviously is a crying need for a professional quality title program which will act as a REAL-TIME PLUG-IN for Edius (and a few other NLEs for that matter). It may well be that GV does not consider writing one to be their core business - fair enough. But surely someone out there is interested in developing such a beast? Is there really nothing else around which will meet professional needs and could be adapted for Edius?
      Andrew Pinder
      www.chpv.co.uk
      Edius 9 with Blackmagic Intensity Pro 4k; Windows 10 (64 bit Pro); Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro; i9-9900K CPU; 32GB RAM;
      Asus GTX1060 graphics; RME Fireface800 audio; SATA RAID

Comment

Originally posted by Bassman View Post
        I second this as the title options for Edius are some of the program's weakest links.

Quick titler has some potential, but the lack of paragraph formatting/editing and limited motion control makes it appear restricted to me, hence the name Quick titler.

I watched the 25 min. demo video and Bluff Titler is pretty powerful and rather intuitive in its coding.

It would be a welcomed addition as a plugin.

Thanks for your support Bassman. I agree on the title side of things Edius lacks alot. For all the things I like about Edius, it's two weakest points are surely on the titles and the audio side.

The people at Bluff are keen to develop the plug, but as I mentioned before they need co-operation from GV [I guess athe SDK etecetera]. C'mon GV, please give them what they need and we'll all enjoy Edius a little more.

Comment

Originally posted by SRsupport View Post
          I looked at bluftitler a while ago and the results where mediocre for broadcast.
          All that mumbo jumbo about your graphics card solving those jaggies is pure nonsense.
          Output from bluff titler did not look good on a broadcast monitor.
          Maybe they have finally got it fixed and produce broadcast quality titles.

SR

I'm not sdure how it measures up against other broadcast titlers. But please remember, this software is around US$60!! Given the prompt and eager responce from Micheil at Bluff, I'm sure theywould listen to constructive critisism and if possible would develop a high end version.

Comment

Bluftitler has been struggling with this problem over several versions. I do see that there are some new render methods which where not there the last time I tried it.
            I'll check it out next week to see what the results are.
            Steve
            A proud EDIUS EDITOR
            For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

I have bought BluffTitler after I found out they now support resolutions up to 1920x1080. Exporting is possible in Uncompressed .avi with transparency info, so for the time being it is an acceptable workaround.
              Last edited by plekkie; 11-09-2007, 02:27 AM.
              Edius Workgroup 8.53

Comment

Originally posted by plekkie View Post
                I have bought BluffTitler after I found out they now support resolutions up to 1920x1080. Exporting is possible in Uncompressed .avi with transparency info, so for the time being it is an acceptable workaround.
                Agreed, it is a worthwhile workaround, but you must agree it would be much easier to use it asd a plug and see your edius timeline in the Bluff overlay window.

If you use bluff, it would help if you can let Grass Valley know we want the plug-in developed.

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by emmanuel_f View Post
                  Agreed, it is a worthwhile workaround, but you must agree it would be much easier to use it asd a plug and see your edius timeline in the Bluff overlay window.

If you use bluff, it would help if you can let Grass Valley know we want the plug-in developed.

thanks
                  Of course.

Do you know of GV having something like "feature requests" for Edius, or will posting in this forum be sufficient?
                  Edius Workgroup 8.53

Comment

Originally posted by plekkie View Post
                    Do you know of GV having something like "feature requests" for Edius, or will posting in this forum be sufficient?
                    Look further down in the list of forums...

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_BH View Post
                      Look further down in the list of forums...
                      Thanks Brandon. I will look for that and post my formal request there.

What are the chances of getting a responce on this?

TIA

Comment

Difficult to say, especially in the short-term. EDIUS currently does not have a freely available SDK for any developer to run with. We are still in the process of determining what SLAs and such need to be put into place, when dealing with a larger array of third party developers.

I say this, because I don't want people putting up hopes on getting a plug-in anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by emmanuel_f View Post
                          Thanks Brandon. I will look for that and post my formal request there.

What are the chances of getting a responce on this?

TIA
                          I submitted a feature request a couple of days ago, as suggested. However, up till now I have not seen it appear in the "Feature requests" forum. I guess it has not been approved (yet) by a moderator....
                          Edius Workgroup 8.53

Comment

Correct. I haven't gotten around to it yet. Please be patient.

Comment

I had misplaced my licence key from Bluff Titler which I needed after upgrading to the next version, Michiel den Outer the maker of BT kindly supplied me with a copy from his records but also made this comment after a query about a plug-in for Edius...

'We would love to make a plugin for Edius. I'm sure it can be done very quickly if Grass Valley could give us full technical support.'

No doubt there are lots of conflicting priorities for GV with software development for Edius but the more plug-ins that are available the more sexier the software becomes. I hope they can get a SDK out there soon, as this development work (that makes Edius more versatile and saleable) is done by someone else so it is less strain on GV's resources, and everyone wins!

Jim

Comment

Before making a pluging for edius the low quality edges on 3 d should be fixed first.
                                I don't think it has a change if the bad quality does not get fixed.
                                I have tested the so called super high anti aliasing and I guess I have been using high quality tilters for to long because I am not impressed.

But I guess there could be need for a tilter like that.
                                For a test render out the start up show called airbrush. You'll see it immediately.

Sr
                                Last edited by SRsupport; 11-13-2007, 12:25 AM.
                                Steve
                                A proud EDIUS EDITOR

Comment

Working...
                                X