Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• antonsvideo
    replied
    Originally posted by More4K
    Anton please don't advice people to use h264 mp4 files as a master files- very bad habbit. It made pro industry to hit bottom if its reputation.
    if the FCP user does not understand how to work with MXF, then he deserves h264 from EDIUS

Leave a comment:

• Andreas_Gumm
    replied
    Originally posted by jimstamos
    have edius 6.03
    It does not support HQX in QuickTime.
    Perhaps it's time to upgrade? :)

Andreas

Leave a comment:

• jimstamos
    replied
    have edius 6.03

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    FCP works fine with MXF files, if they don't understand how to work with MXF, they should read

I assume you are talking XDCAM MXF?
    Anton Strauss started his Video Production Company in 1985 and is an accredited professional video producer by the AIPP

if that fails for them, send them an mp4 from the EDIUS H264/AVC exporter and set bitrate as high as you can

Leave a comment:

• Andreas_Gumm
    replied
    If you are working with Edius version 7.4 just look to the QuickTime folder!
    If you are on version 6.5, use the ordinary QuickTime exporter & choose HQX in the codec list of the QuickTime exporter interface.
    If you are on version 7 (lower than 7.4), simply update to 7.4!

Andreas

Leave a comment:

• jimstamos
    replied
    dont see HQX quicktime in the print to file encoder

Leave a comment:

• Andreas_Gumm
    replied
    There is actually no comfortable way since Apple limits their ProRes codec to the Mac world (there are some exceptions)!
    I would send them HQX QuickTime files together with the HQX QuickTime codec. This should work fine if they install the codec pack!

Miraizon provided a ProRes compatible codec pack, but they have stopped now to sell it since they was aquired by "a larger company"! ;)
    There is another way via ffmpeg, but this is a bit fuzzy for people who don't like command line tools. ;)

Andreas
    Last edited by Andreas_Gumm; 03-25-2015, 12:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• jimstamos
    replied
    I meant pro res,not results.

Leave a comment:

• jimstamos
    started a topic pro results file

pro results file

I'm shooting a graduation and the school is editing it in final cut pro,yuk, they want a pro results file from me.
    can someone walk me through exactly what I will highlight when I go to print to file.
    we tried giving them mxf files last year,no go.
Working...
X
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎