Sudden invalid licence warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sudden invalid licence warning

I have been using my current version of Edius for 18 months with no problems.
    All of a sudden it's come up with 'check the licence' warnings and refusing to open Edius.

I still have the receipt and serial number from when I purchased the current version, but this weird computer error is frustrating.

I have tried walking through the 'reactivate deactivate activate offline and upload the .xml' file but I get an error when I try that

I have tried all of this.... (below)
    I am going to uninstall and try reinstalling.... Please if anyone has had this happen tell me!

http://www.ediusworld.com/en/support.../cat1_709.html
    Error Code#522

Summary Response.xml file is failed to register.
    Cause
    GV License Manager failed to register response.xml file during off-line activation or deactivation process.

Troubleshooting
    1.Please re-run "EDIUSActivation.exe" to re-generate Response.xml file.
    2.Delete the Trusted Storage file with below procedure and then re-try off-line activation.

1) If there is another license which is running properly, deactivate it.
    2) Quit GV License Manager.
    3) Back up both GVKK_xxxxxxxx_tsf.data and GVKK_xxxxxxxx_tsf.data_backup.001 in C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet folder.
    4) Start GV License Manager and then re-try off-line activation.
    www.skysimonephotography.com
    www.skysimonefilm.com
    www.facebook.com/skysimonephoto

Laptop:
    ASUS - 17.3" Gaming Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 - 1TB Hard Drive + 256GB SSD - Metal Star Gray
    Edius Pro 9 Windows 10

I will leave this here and delete your other posts. There is no need to post the same thing in 3 separate forums.

You will need to contact tech support to take care of this issue.

Also if this is NEO please revise your post to say so. This should probably be in the NEO forum but since you had more information, I will leave it here.
    1: 3970X Threadripper, Asus ROG Strix TR40 E Gaming, G. Skill Trident Z Neo 128G DDR4 3600, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1T, Intel 660P M.2 2T (2), Seagate Ironwolf NAS 12T, Enermax TR4 360 AIO, Lian Li 011 DXL, AJA Kona 4, Asus ROG Thor 1200

2: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64G DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512G, GeForce GTX 1080ti SC Black, Corsair AX1200i, Phanteks Luxe, 16T RAID HGST Deskstar NAS 4T, Corsair H115i AIO, BM IP 4K

Comment

Has anyone had a similar issue?
      Were the tech team able to rectify?
      I have retried and retried the steps on that link, and tried to activate offline over and over to no avail.

I'm hoping the tech team don't have too long a wait time..
      I've been trying to fix this for hours now.. Thanks in advance for any repsonses.
      www.skysimonefilm.com

Laptop:
      ASUS - 17.3" Gaming Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 - 1TB Hard Drive + 256GB SSD - Metal Star Gray
      Edius Pro 9 Windows 10

Comment

try calling Edius Support in Aust.
        Corsair Solutions

you'll need to have purchased your version of Edius locally
        1st System - win 10 pro, [email protected], 32Gb RAM, 250Gb 960EVO SSD, 3x1TB as Raid0 (backed up to Raid5 server), NVIDIA GTX 1060 6Gb, Edius 9.5
        2nd system - win 7 Ult, [email protected], 32Gb RAM, INTEL SSD 240Gb, 2x2tb as Raid0 (backed up to raid5 server), NVIDIA GTX 660, Edius 9.5
        3rd system - win 7, i7, Edius 6.5 & pluraleyes (I keep it just for syncing projects (long story)

Comment

Check system date

pls check your system date , happened to me b4 . Finally found out in the end it was my system date that was wrong.
          EDIUS 9.5 /Win 10 x64 Dell T5600 INTEL Xeon 16 core @2.66GHz 32GB RAM /NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1660TI, SSD SAMSUNG 500GB PRIMARY, WD 5.5TB STORAGE, 2x WD500GB ASSETS, heroglyph 4.0, Sony AVCHD cam, Canon DSLRs.
          Sys 2: Asus ROG G75series

Comment

I called Edius and they said I had to wait for their support crew to email me, but 24 hours later I havn't got an email and this is urgent.. My client work depends on it.

I tried uninstalling and re installing, and that didn't work. When I logon to activate offline via my laptop which has wifi, it says it's activated, but when I copy the .xml onto the desktop it keeps coming up with the 522 error :(
            I have then repeated the above steps as the help page suggest to no avail :(

*** Update. I checked my system date and time in the bios and it's accurate and nothing has changed. This desktop isn't even online so I have no idea why this would mess up or corrupt all of a sudden :(
            I really hope this thread gets kept up on the site because I'm sure many other people are having this issue.
            Still havn't heard from Grass Valley.. waiting patiently
            Last edited by tryingtolearn; 02-06-2015, 03:52 AM.
            www.skysimonefilm.com

Laptop:
            Edius Pro 9 Windows 10

Comment

which EDIUS version?

can you enable internet on the PC and try online activation
              Anton Strauss
              Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post

can you enable internet on the PC and try online activation

Hi Anton thanks for the reply.. Ok here we have a VERY interesting issue.
                a) the desktop that I do all my main work from has had this edius installed for 18 months with no problems. There is no internet on this desktop anymore. There used to be but now I am living in a rural area with no hard wired internet and this desktop has no wireless cables. - So this computer which is my main computer for work does not have the internet, which should not be an issue.
                This computer has used this version of Edius for 18 months with no issue

b) I just dug out my travel laptop which has wireless card, and attempted to install this Edius on my laptop. It came up with 'invalid licence' when connected to the internet

This is very confusing and alarming because I purchased this licence and download from the Grass Valley Website (this website)

c) I have all of the screenshots from when I purchased it from this website.
                I have the product code and receipt and everything.
                I have no idea why my serial would corrupt all of a sudden, unless it's a fault in their database or something??????

Still not had a reply from Grass Valley Tech Team!

The purchase was made direct from "Grass Valley Store" and I have my reference number from May 2013.

I am going to try to email customer service as they have not replied and this is an extremely urgent matter. I have all my receipts and screenshots showing payment on the Grass Valley official site, and showing the licence code I was given that until now, has always worked :/
                www.skysimonefilm.com

Laptop:
                Edius Pro 9 Windows 10

Comment

what is your EDIUS version?

can you email me your serial and I test to see how many activations it already had, maybe there is none left?

anton at videoproductions.com.au
                  Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

I have just reinstalled on my travel laptop - I fixed the issue back when I posted this original post, and now I'm having the issue again ad googled it and the first thing that came up was a link to this post I wrote earlier in the year!

Silly me, I should have written out my 'fix' that worked when it happened, and when I fixed it.. so now I'm trying to fix this issue again, and I will place the step by step fix here as soon as I achieve it..

Today I instaleld the windows 10 upgrade, and I couldn't find Edius in the start menu and attempted to install, which triggered the uninstall, then reinstall..

I will write my fix here :)
                    www.skysimonefilm.com

Laptop:
                    Edius Pro 9 Windows 10

Comment

I really really wish I had documented how I fixed this last time. I'm feeling so frustrated.

First of all, I recalled the thumb drive offline activation from earlier in the year. I know I did something of that.. but I'm not sure if that was part of the answer or not this time.. so I'm documenting step by step so that I can hopefully find my answer again, have my answer documented here, and hopefully help others!

I used the steps here for offline activation...
                      http://forum.grassvalley.com/forum/a...p/t-29395.html

But here is what happened when I did it...

FIRST ATTEMPT TO RESTORE "INVALID LICENSE CODE" ERROR :/
                      1) Inserted empty USB
                      2) Run Grass Valley Licence Manager
                      3) Press Second Button (offline activation create ID file)
                      4) Choose the USB as location- It creates 4 items.
                      edius activation. edius license info gv activation server, and id

5) Double click 'Edius Activation' on USB
                      6) Now choose 'Offline Activation' (3rd button on license manager)
                      7) Select the response XML from the Edius USB

Now the GV License Manager says "registered License File, please run application'
                      Now the license shows in the GV License manager
                      Launch Edius

Now it says 'the serial number has not been registered, please register a serial number or select trial'

Now while offline, I enter the serial and Edius comes up with a big red X and says
                      "Filed to connect to the server"
                      "Error code: 29.1416E.44"

so now I put the computer online, and try again.
                      Then it comes up with 'registering the serial online...'
                      then 'registered the serial number'
                      THEN it comes up with 'this serial number is not valid'
                      :(
                      ************************************************** **************
                      It's so frustrating because 3 months ago - Asus put a new C drive in my computer (hard drive replacement) and at that time I reinstalled Edius and did not have this issue.. so I'm wondering if somehow the windows system files are getting messed? I just don't know!
                      www.skysimonefilm.com

Laptop:
                      Edius Pro 9 Windows 10

Comment

maybe you did not deactivate EDIUS prior to Win10 installation, that means you could have lost a license count

type your serial number here
                        http://activation1.grassvalley.com/f...ortal/logon.do

then click manage at top and see how many times the license was activated, if you see 3 activations, you will not be able to activate any more, you need the phone the dealer where you bought EDIUS and request a license count reset after explaining your situation

also, EDIUS should have been deactivated before ASUS replaced the C drive, because this also lost you one license count
                        Anton Strauss

Comment

maybe you did not deactivate EDIUS prior to Win10 installation, that means you could have lost a license count

type your serial number here
                          http://activation1.grassvalley.com/f...ortal/logon.do

then click manage at top and see how many times the license was activated, if you see 3 activations, you will not be able to activate any more, you need the phone the dealer where you bought EDIUS and request a license count reset after explaining your situation

also, EDIUS should have been deactivated before ASUS replaced the C drive, because this also lost you one license count

Hey Anton... Thanks for the reply. I have done as you suggested here, and this is the message it comes up with..

"No activatable line items with any copies left are found. Please go to Advanced Search and search for any line items that have 0 copies left."

So what does that mean? Do I have to call Edius and get them to deactivate for me? Or is there somewhere I can go online to deactivate past installations??

- Not sure if this extra information helps, but when I click on "Manage licenses"
                          it shows 3 rows of information.
                          The colums are 'Fulfilm' 'Product' 'Hosts' 'Count' 'Support' 'Fulfill Date' and 'Expiration'

The fulfill dates are September 4 2015, Feb 6 2015, May 13 2013
                          www.skysimonefilm.com

Laptop:
                          Edius Pro 9 Windows 10

Comment

Originally posted by tryingtolearn View Post
                            Hey Anton... Thanks for the reply. I have done as you suggested here, and this is the message it comes up with..

"No activatable line items with any copies left are found. Please go to Advanced Search and search for any line items that have 0 copies left."

So what does that mean? Do I have to call Edius and get them to deactivate for me? Or is there somewhere I can go online to deactivate past installations??
                            have you clicked manage license at top, that is where you see how many activations took place
                            Attached Files
                            Anton Strauss

Comment

have you clicked manage license at top, that is where you see how many activations took place

Yes Anton, and it shows 3. (I updated my previous post) but the 3rd install says it was today.. :( which is odd since it's showing its installed, but saying its an invalid number when I launch edius :(
                              www.skysimonefilm.com

Laptop:
                              Edius Pro 9 Windows 10

Comment

Working...
                              X