Remove Source Information on certain Clips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove Source Information on certain Clips

Hi, so I have a timeline with clips from 2 different cameras and I want to remove the source information(date/time) on one of the camera clips.

Camera 1 is avchd and I add the date/timestamp using Edius' Show source information, this works perfectly

Camera 2 shoots in AVI and has the date/timestamp already burned into the file.

This becomes a problem because now the avi's have the original BURN IN date/timestamps and also a blank date/timestamp from edius.(see picture)

Is there a way to remove the source information on specified clips? Or what would be a proper workaround?

The only thing I can think of is to mixdown/export the AVCHD clips with the date/time from edius and then bring it back into the timeline and remove the show source information from the settings... It would be nice to be able to see each individual clip on the timeline and not have to mix down the whole sequence.. any help would be appreciated, thanks!
    Attached Files

if the TC is part of the avi file, it can't be removed. You can crop it off and then reposition the file to vertical center with the layouter

or you can draw a black box with the titler to hide it and then place the new TC on that box
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Mask + Blur

Add a mask filter, draw a rectangle and add an inside blur filter?
      Edius 9.5 Pro on Windows 10 on Intel i7-4770K
      Sony HXR-NX100, HDR-CX900, HDR-PJ620, HDR-GW55 (HVR-V1), XZP, Zoom Q8
      "In regione caecorum rex est luscus" (Desiderius Erasmus, AD 1,500)

Comment

I need to remove the time or date stamp written in the clip. Because I want to stabilize it and the jumping stamp is killing the stabilization. Whats the best way to do it? I have tried the Mask+ many filters but nothing looked acceptable.

I saw proDad has got the Hide app. But it looks like an expensive overkill

Comment

crop it and reposition clip to vertical center, looks cinematic :)
          Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

• Lada
            Lada commented
            Editing a comment
            the stamp is at 20% height of the clip. Dont want to lose the part of the picture

Problems with stabilization in Edius are best avoided by using a more sophisticated tool, even the simple tracker stabilizer in After Effects allows you to select an area or point to track which ignores everthing else in the shot. I'm unsure why the Edius developers would not go the full distance and provide such user options.

Download a free trial of AE ?

Use the free tracker in Resolve?

It's really not so hard to work around these issues and use the right tool rather than struggle with the wrong one,

Paul :-)
          Edius Edits at: http://www.vimeo.com/user781619/videos

1) AMD 3900X 12 core 4.6Ghz 2) Asus X79 4930K 6 core @4.4GHz Water Cooled. 480GB REVO3x2 System drive, 4TB Raid 0, 4 TB E-Sata Raid 5, 32GB RAM, GTX1070Ti Decklink HD Extreme. 3X Sony AX53 Sony AX700 BMPCC 4K

http://indiestereographer.blogspot.co.uk

Comment

• Lada
            Lada commented
            Editing a comment
            Dont get it too much. If I track and stabilise just a part(even 80%) of the picture the rest (non stabilized) would not match/fit to the stabilized part. Also is the tracker in Edius not usable for this type of the scenario?
            Last edited by Lada; 05-10-2021, 05:56 PM.

How can I crop it and reposition it if the Layouter is always under the Stabilizer filter? Also if I crop it I need to fill the missing are by resizing/stretching the clip otherwise I guess the stabilization process will deal with the bottom and top black bars as part of the video and will dance them into the actual picture

Comment

not sure what you mean, it works here, see attached
            Attached Files
            Anton Strauss

Comment

I mean to apply the crop before the stabilizer is applied. As you can see in your video once you check the Stabilizer option it crops first and then you apply the second crop in Layouter. But I need to firstly crop in Layouter (to get out the time stamp) and then to apply the Stabilizer. Otherwise the time stamp may occasionally jump in to the video after applying the Stabilizer meaning I would need to check the entire clip and crop an additional part of the bottom.

Comment

in that case you untick stabilizer and crop in layouter, when done, tick stabilizer

but it makes no sense, because you maybe cropping too much this way
                Anton Strauss

Comment

Working...
                X