Editing a DVD without re-encoding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing a DVD without re-encoding?

I am trying to make a small adjustment to a movie I only have on DVD. In Edius 4 I use DiskCapture to bring in the video, make the change and export it back to DVD by using ProCoder Express. It all works fine, but quality suffers because it seem that the already compressed video (90 Minutes on one DVD) is being compressed again.

Is there any way to avoid this, given that most of the video isn't changing?

Hi,
    I prefer to encode the vob files back to avi - edit - then re-encode back to mpeg2.
    I have found this method produces high quality results but is a little time consuming. As you only have a short clip perhaps not the best method but does give good results.
    I used this to 'nick' a short clip from a dvd to include in a dvd I was making and this clip was hardly noticeable against the true dv clips however the clip for conversion must be of high quality in the first place. You will get other replies of peoples preferences, this one is mine:-)
    Keith
    Dual 3.06 Xeon, 2Gb memory, NX card, Edius 4.6, Procoder 2.

Comment

Try using Womble( http://www.womble.com/products/dvd.html). This is a much easier program to use for what you want to do. Will only re-encode pieces that are changed and the latest version will also re author the DVD for you.

Ron Evans
      Ron Evans

Threadripper 1920 stock clock 3.7, Gigabyte Designare X399 MB, 32G G.Skill 3200CL14, 500G M.2 SATA OS, 500G EVO 850 temp. 1T EVO 850 render, 6T Source, 2 x 1T NVME, MSI 1080Ti 11G , EVGA 850 G2, LG BLuray Burner, BM IP4K, WIN10 Pro, Shuttle Pro2

ASUS PB328 monitor, BenQ BL2711U 4K preview monitor, EDIUS 9.5 WG, Vegas 18, Resolve Studio 16

Cameras: GH5S, GH5, FDR-AX100, FDR-AX53, DJI OSMO Pocket, Atomos Ninja V x 2

Comment

Working...
      X