Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gunn
    • Jan 2008

Problem moving to Edius 7

I bought Pro 6.5 (cross grade package) from Video Guys. Edius 7 was not out at that time but the deal was a free upgrade to 7 when available. I did not need 6.5 but the deal was attractive.

Version 7 came out but I was not ready to change to Version 7. A friend suggested that I go ahead and download the release which I did. I have had it lying on my desk a long time.

Last night I followed Anton's procedure (Grass Valley needs to pay this guy a monthly consulting fee.) and removed 6.5. Perfect! Installed 7. Perfect! Opened Version 7 and it asked for a serial number.

Duuuuh, I assumed it was part of the download. Please excuse my ignorance but how do I get my serial number? Is it buried?

Be kind....I am elderly and trying to get by with my remaining 1103 brain cells.
  • Jerry
    • May 2007

When you bought Edius 6.5 with the upgrade, was anything sent to you from Video Guys? Do you have proof of the purchase? You can contact Video Guys and reference your purchase to see if they can help.
    If not find your Edius 6.5 serial then call support and explain the situation. They should be able to reference your serial number to give you an Edius 7 serial.
    Jerry
    Six Gill DV

Vistitle YouTube Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Main System:: Azrock z690 Taichi, [email protected], 64gb ram, Lian Li Galahad 360mm in push pull, Lian Li 011 Dynamic XL ROG case, 13 Lian Infinity fans, Win11 Pro , Corsair ATX 3.0 Gen 5 1200 watt PSU, Samsung 980 1tb boot NVME, 2-4TB Samsung 990 Pro's, 1TB Samsung SSD, 1-12TB Seagate Ironwolf, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black Edius X.

Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9.55, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

• GrassValley_SL
      • Mar 2010

I think that you should contact VideoGuys. The reseller usually provides a serial number for the item purchased.
      Steve

Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
      EDIUS support and Downloads

Comment

• Gunn
        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by GrassValley_SL
        I think that you should contact VideoGuys. The reseller usually provides a serial number for the item purchased.
        I did that. The nice fellow I spoke with checked and said it was an old promotion. I guess I should have pursued the serial number when I downloaded Version 7 but I just assumed it was all there.

I have an email in to Grass Valley. I do not think they will help. The first time I contacted them, they had no memory of the deal I described. I do not think I could have downloaded it unless the deal was Kosher.

Oh well, I will be a few days late on my Bentley's interest payment....no big deal!

It has occurred to me that my memory of the episode is heavily influenced by my smoking habits back then. I would rather attribute it to funny tobacco than senility.

Comment

• shueardm
          • May 2007

It has nothing to do with Videoguys. The promotion was at the time that you 1) Buy EDIUS 6.5 and then you could 2) register your qualification on the Grass Valley website for a free upgrade when it was available. The dealer had no part in providing the version 7 for free other than to make customer aware of it.
          If you failed to register your version 6.5 purchase on the Grass Valley website in the time stated then you would miss out, which is what it sounds like happened. If you did these things then you would have received an email from Grass Valley with details how to get version 7 for free.
          AMD Ryzen 9 5950X, RTX 3080, 64GB RAM, EDIUS X WG.

Comment

• NakedEye
            • May 2007

Any company worth its salt will honor the deal as it's just the right thing to do. It's easy to verify if Video Guys have proof of purchase.

Regards
            Dave.
            Main Editor - Edius 8.53 AdobeCC Mini Monitor 4K Intel X99P SLI Intel Core i7 6800K CPU Gigabyte GTX980 SanDisk Ultra Video SSD 1XINTEL System SSD 16GB Kingston DDR4 2400 RAM VisTitle 2.8 Onboard Sound 10GBE LAN WIN10Pro 64bit

Encoding - Gigabyte Z97X Gaming GT Intel 4790K CPU Gigabyte GTX550Ti Gigabyte GTX980 Western Digital HDD's LG Blu-ray drive, 16GB Kingston DDR3 1600 RAM BMD Mini Monitor 4K Edius 8.53 Creative Cloud Win 10 64bit Pro
            www.nakedeyedv.com

Comment

• dpalomaki
              • Oct 2007

My recollection is there were a number of threads on this back when the offer was alive. It may be worth going back to read them to see what was happening back then with respect to registering (or not) the 6.5 buy on a timely basis. it was likely in the summer of 2013.

Comment

• Gunn
                • Jan 2008

Originally posted by dpalomaki
                My recollection is there were a number of threads on this back when the offer was alive. It may be worth going back to read them to see what was happening back then with respect to registering (or not) the 6.5 buy on a timely basis. it was likely in the summer of 2013.
                I stumbled across an ad on the internet by Video Guys. It spelled out the terms.
                Buy it by Sept 30, 2013 and register it by Oct. 30, 2013. I went to the GV register page and it shows that I bought it on Oct. 29, 2013. Seems that I bought it too late to qualify.

If I had more than half a brain, I would have bought the upgrade to "7" instead of "6.5". I do not know where the problem lies but we all learn from experience.
                Guess I will **** up and buy "7" AGAIN.

Can anyone suggest a great supplier? I gotta get in bed with someone for all my purchases.

Comment

• Jerry
                  • May 2007

Video Guys, Safe Harbor, and B&H Photo would be 3 reputable dealers.
                  Jerry
                  Six Gill DV

Vistitle YouTube Channel
                  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Main System:: Azrock z690 Taichi, [email protected], 64gb ram, Lian Li Galahad 360mm in push pull, Lian Li 011 Dynamic XL ROG case, 13 Lian Infinity fans, Win11 Pro , Corsair ATX 3.0 Gen 5 1200 watt PSU, Samsung 980 1tb boot NVME, 2-4TB Samsung 990 Pro's, 1TB Samsung SSD, 1-12TB Seagate Ironwolf, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black Edius X.

Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9.55, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

• Gunn
                    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Jerry
                    Video Guys, Safe Harbor, and B&H Photo would be 3 reputable dealers.
                    Strange, I have been buying ALL my photo gear and supplies from B&H since 1983. I never even thought of them for video equipment until recently.....duh.

They are great folks, 100% honest. Literally, thousands of transactions and never a problem.

Comment

Working...