X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kwshaw1
    replied
    Originally posted by GrassValley_MD View Post
    When you select print to file look for the generic Mpg exporter. YO(u can cretae a compliant file with AC3 from there
    Ah, I see now! Thanks.

Unfortunately, it appears that Ulead DVDWS2 doesn't recognize the audio component of the resulting MPEG2 file. Anyone know whether Adobe Encore will?

Leave a comment:

• kwshaw1
    replied
    Originally posted by Imagine Video View Post
    What version of DVD WS are you using? If its 2 then export your EDIUS timeline via an elementary stream that is VIDEO and AUDIO - in WAVE form.

Import both to DVD WS and when you come to the build DVD section CHoose from the drop down menu AC3 for the audio...
    Yeah, that's what I've been doing for the past several years and I'd like to eliminate the extra step by encoding directly to AC3.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_MD
    replied
    Originally posted by kwshaw1 View Post
    I was under the impression that AC3 audio would be a standard output option with Edius 4.5, but I'm not seeing it listed when I go to render MPEG2 elementary steam video. Am I missing something?

When you select print to file look for the generic Mpg exporter. YO(u can cretae a compliant file with AC3 from there :)

Mike

Leave a comment:

• Imagine Video
    replied
    What version of DVD WS are you using? If its 2 then export your EDIUS timeline via an elementary stream that is VIDEO and AUDIO - in WAVE form.

Import both to DVD WS and when you come to the build DVD section CHoose from the drop down menu AC3 for the audio..............:-)

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    Originally posted by kwshaw1 View Post
    How exactly would I implement those two options? I gather I can use the export to DVD option to generate DVD folder files, but is there another choice which just gives me AC3 audio?
    Just export them separately. AC3 export doesn't take that long.

Leave a comment:

• kwshaw1
    replied
    Originally posted by GrassValley_BH View Post
    Use the native AC3 Audio Exporter from EDIUS, or the native MPEG (Generic) exporter to get AC3.
    How exactly would I implement those two options? I gather I can use the export to DVD option to generate DVD folder files, but is there another choice which just gives me AC3 audio?

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_BH
    replied
    Fred's right, AC3 is not available in PCE for EDIUS.
    Use the native AC3 Audio Exporter from EDIUS, or the native MPEG (Generic) exporter to get AC3.

Leave a comment:

• kwshaw1
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred Dwyer View Post
    AC3 is not available through PCE. For AC3 audio use the native EDIUS write to DVD function.

But what if I want to export the video to another authoring application, like Ulead DVDWS or Adobe Encore? Is there no way to do that through the PCE Wizard?

Leave a comment:

• kwshaw1
    replied
    Originally posted by GrassValley_BH View Post
    Are you using the MPEG-2 (Generic) exporter, or something else?
    I'm using the PCE wizard and usually select the DVD MPEG option, but I'm not sure if that's what I clicked this time. Elementary stream output at SD resolution.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Dwyer
    replied
    AC3 is not available through PCE. For AC3 audio use the native EDIUS write to DVD function.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_BH
    replied
    Are you using the MPEG-2 (Generic) exporter, or something else?

Leave a comment:

• kwshaw1
    started a topic AC3 output setting in PCE with 4.5?

AC3 output setting in PCE with 4.5?

I was under the impression that AC3 audio would be a standard output option with Edius 4.5, but I'm not seeing it listed when I go to render MPEG2 elementary steam video. Am I missing something?
Working...
X