EDIUS OUT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EDIUS OUT

I have an HD storm bay in my Edius computer. I tried to take the hdmi out to an HP3014 30 inch monitor, that only accepts dvi, with a conversion cable (hdmi to dvi)..but it dose not work. I was going to order a RBG to dvi conversion cable...do you think that would work...or...do you have any other suggestions to take the HD storm output (either RBG or HDMI) to a monitor that only has dvi inputs.

Thanks in advance,

Dano

You don't say what your timeline settings are, but it's quite possible the monitor doesn't support the refresh rate that matches the output of your timeline. If the monitor only has DVI then that would imply it's a computer monitor and they aren't really designed to take video feeds as they normally expect the output to be 60Hz and at the monitors native resolution.
    DVC Built Clevo P775DM3-G Laptop with UHD screen, 7700K [email protected], Geforce GTX 1060 6GB GPU, 500GB M.2 Primary, 1x 480GB SSD, 1x1TB M.2, 1x 2TB 5400RPM Video drives, external Blu-ray Optical

Comment

I tried several resolutions but, none worked. I have limited the problem down to the cable. I am using an hdmi to dvi cable. A friend recommeded i try an rgb to dvi cable.

The monitor I want to go out to is an hpp LP3065/ It only has three inputs...alas all dvi.

Any ideas other than the rgb to dvi cable?

Thanks again,

Dano

Comment

You're trying to output a TV signal to a computer monitor, the screen isn't designed to take the refresh rates. If you look at the specs for the monitor it states

Native Resolution
        2560 x 1600 @ 60 Hz (native aspect ratio of 16:10)2

2 This is the only resolution supported by the monitor. Windows PC and graphics card that supports DVI ports with dual-link digital
        bandwidth and VESA DDC standard for plug-and-play setup requires a DVI-D dual-link graphic card that supports WQXGA (2560 x
        1600) resolution.
        DVC Built Clevo P775DM3-G Laptop with UHD screen, 7700K [email protected], Geforce GTX 1060 6GB GPU, 500GB M.2 Primary, 1x 480GB SSD, 1x1TB M.2, 1x 2TB 5400RPM Video drives, external Blu-ray Optical

Comment

Simple answer! Buy an HDTV with HDMI very cheap and it will give you YUV display rather than RGB. YUV is the native colour space of your video which is important if you want to see what you have shot. Otherwise if your happy with RGB display of your video then sell your HDStorm and just set your current screen as preview device in settings. Personally if I had invested in an HDStorm I would make use of it by purchasing a proper video monitor the most basic of which is an inexpensive HDTV.

Best
          Dave.
          Main Editor - Edius 8.53 AdobeCC Mini Monitor 4K Intel X99P SLI Intel Core i7 6800K CPU Gigabyte GTX980 SanDisk Ultra Video SSD 1XINTEL System SSD 16GB Kingston DDR4 2400 RAM VisTitle 2.8 Onboard Sound 10GBE LAN WIN10Pro 64bit

Encoding - Gigabyte Z97X Gaming GT Intel 4790K CPU Gigabyte GTX550Ti Gigabyte GTX980 Western Digital HDD's LG Blu-ray drive, 16GB Kingston DDR3 1600 RAM BMD Mini Monitor 4K Edius 8.53 Creative Cloud Win 10 64bit Pro
          www.nakedeyedv.com

Comment

ok thank you all.

Dano

Comment

Working...
            X