• tdtinker
    replied
    Thanks Roy.
    tdtinker

Leave a comment:

• Roy Colquitt
    replied
    Originally posted by tdtinker View Post
    I'm not sure is it the alpha transition?
    tdtinker
    Advanced Alpha Map

This clip
    was from a while ago and for a different purpose, but I think it's still somewhat applicable

Leave a comment:

• Claire
    replied
    Stretch the transition over the whole clip, select the transition's Alpha Map tab and load the bitmap into it, go to the Keyframe tab and enter 50% into start and end of timescale. (line should be flat),

Leave a comment:

• tdtinker
    replied
    I'm not sure is it the alpha transition?
    tdtinker

Leave a comment:

• pjsssss
    replied
    Anton has given you the location that you are looking for

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    Originally posted by ralphbowman View Post
    I want two clip overlay effect with full strength. One clip, the speaker is in the right of the screen surrounded somewhat by another moving clip to the left of the screen and partially around the speaker. The orginal clip of the speaker was not blue screened. Add old movie and lots of grain to each. I have seen this done in final cut with garbage matte (8 point) around the speaker...can I do this in EDius?

Suggestions. To get the effect.

Thanks...

Ralph Bowman
    this is very easy with BorisFX plugin

the Boris Chroma keyer uses a matte choke that lets you srink the mask pixel by pixel and soften the edge if needed

this is a much wanted feature for the edius chroma keyer because Boris render times are from the 80's

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    Originally posted by tdtinker View Post
    I tried it too, but could not find the alpha filter that you were referring to either.
    tdtinker
    select the clip and the mask in the bin, so both clips are selected, right click and choose convert-alpha matte

Leave a comment:

• Claire
    replied
    Try under transistions (alpha custom map)

Leave a comment:

• tdtinker
    replied
    I tried it too, but could not find the alpha filter that you were referring to either.
    tdtinker

Leave a comment:

• lalx
    replied
    Originally posted by Khoi Pham View Post
    Make a single frame of the speaker, then take that frame to photoshop and use the marque tool and draw around the speaker with feather set at about 3, then fill it with white, then inverse and fill the outside with black, save it as a .bmp
    Back in Edius, put the clip with the speaker on top and the other clip on the bottom, drag a alpha filter to the clip with the speaker, double click the alpha and load it the bmp, set keyframe from start to end at 50% and you are done, sound complicate but it is not.
    Hi,

Thanks - That was a great tip. I could not however find the alpha filter that you were referring to. Could you suggest a filter that would work? I was trying to use this technique as a garbage matte for a chromakey job. Will this work?

Thanks,

- Lex

Leave a comment:

• Khoi Pham
    replied
    Originally posted by ralphbowman View Post
    I want two clip overlay effect with full strength. One clip, the speaker is in the right of the screen surrounded somewhat by another moving clip to the left of the screen and partially around the speaker. The orginal clip of the speaker was not blue screened. Add old movie and lots of grain to each. I have seen this done in final cut with garbage matte (8 point) around the speaker...can I do this in EDius?

Thanks...

Ralph Bowman
    Make a single frame of the speaker, then take that frame to photoshop and use the marque tool and draw around the speaker with feather set at about 3, then fill it with white, then inverse and fill the outside with black, save it as a .bmp
    Back in Edius, put the clip with the speaker on top and the other clip on the bottom, drag a alpha filter to the clip with the speaker, double click the alpha and load it the bmp, set keyframe from start to end at 50% and you are done, sound complicate but it is not.

Leave a comment:

• pjsssss
    replied
    Though I am not quite sure what you mean by "full strength, you can probably accomplish this easily with 3D PIP and use crop to cut the speaker clip down to just the speaker and overlay it over the other clip.

Leave a comment:

• ralphbowman
    started a topic Which Video effects to matte 2 clips

Which Video effects to matte 2 clips

Thanks...

Ralph Bowman
Working...
X