No announcement yet.

Edius NX and Ati videocard, I look for info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

does your PC have an AGP graphics card slot? if so, it will work guaranteed with an AGP card

sometimes newer PC technology is not always better, especially when dealing with discontinued software such as Xplode
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
      does your PC have an AGP graphics card slot? if so, it will work guaranteed with an AGP card
      I hope!!! I am not experienced in computer but I have:

Asus P5W HD DELUXE motherboard

Do you know if it has an AGP graphics card slot?

thanks
      A lonesome traveler looking for lost tribes around the world: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoD...6FduohA/videos
      CPU: Intel i9 7940X
      MOTHERBOARD: Asus PRIME X299-DELUXE
      VIDEOCARD: NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti
      SSD Drive:
      (C) 512GB Samsung 960 EVO PCIe M.2 NVMe (for Windows 10)
      (D) 1TB Samsung 960 EVO PCIe M.2 NVMe

Comment

the only mobo I could find on ASUS website that comes close to what you typed is the Asus P5W DH DELUXE motherboard

it does not have an AGP slot, sorry
        Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
          the only mobo I could find on ASUS website that comes close to what you typed is the Asus P5W DH DELUXE motherboard

it does not have an AGP slot, sorry
          Now I am very worried! What problems will I have with them? With Xplode only?
          A lonesome traveler looking for lost tribes around the world: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoD...6FduohA/videos
          SSD Drive:

Comment

I have Edius NX PC-Express too.
            Have I to be worried?
            SSD Drive:

Comment

no need to worry, it only affects Xplode

maybe someone will still have a solution to your non real time problem

meanwhile, to quickly render, double click the ruler above transition and then press Shift+Q
              Anton Strauss

Comment

Thanks for your help!
                I like Xplode Pro but if I am not able to solve my problem I wil have to replace it.
                Do you know a different program that can replace Xplode Pro? I look for a program easy as Xplode Pro but enough professional as it.
                thanks
                SSD Drive:

Comment

unfortunately, there is nothing in the world that I know that can do xplode pro stuff as fast even when rendering is required

I have BorisFX9 and a complex 2 second transition can take 60 seconds to render and nothing at all is realtime
                  Anton Strauss

Comment

Therefore I will wait someone can help me to solve this problem. ;)
                    SSD Drive:

Comment

Originally posted by Ulisse View Post
                      Thanks for your help!
                      I like Xplode Pro but if I am not able to solve my problem I wil have to replace it.
                      Do you know a different program that can replace Xplode Pro? I look for a program easy as Xplode Pro but enough professional as it.
                      thanks

Keep in mind that Xplode Pro was not designed to be real time.
                      On some machines it is, and on some it is not.

Here is one option for you to consider, Vitascene, from Pro Dad. Depending on what you are looking for, many of the effects are quite useable and yet many are less than sterling. Xplode Pro effects are the same, many are useable and many are just useless. I believe that is an industry standard. Granted, this is my judgement and will vary with the individual.

Most of the effects will play* in RT on my machine in HD. It has title effects that Xplode really did not have. You also get plugins for Premiere Pro and After Effects.

It is a little pricey, but, when Xplode Pro was released, it was not cheap either. As opposed to the free version Edius 4 customers received.
                      You can be assured, when Grass Valley releases a replacement for Xplode,
                      It will cost.
                      The Vitascene effects are customizeable and can be changed to suit your editing style. If you are using DV, with a fast machine you should get very comparable, if not better, results to Xplode.

Here is a link to the site. It also has a demo version. Do not decide on the
                      product based on the demo videos. The effects are overdone and look very cheesy.

http://www.prodad.de/gb/vitascene_std_samples.html

*realtime playback but you still get the red line above the timeline. It is the same for Xplode Pro. It plays but at the end of the project you will have to render the timeline with either Xplode Pro or Vitascene.

{My machine has a Core 2 2.93 extreme cpu overclocked to 3.3, 4gigs of DDR2 800 ram and a 10 drive raid 0 system} just for reference.
                      Jerry
                      Six Gill DV
                      www.sgdvtutorials.com
                      If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
                      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
                      http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
                      Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

If you want all real-time, maybe you should try Sony's VEGAS, though you can't output to external monitor. It boggles my mind how that software works so quickly!

I miss the TRUE real-time on Xplode I had before my AGP slot died! Makes you wonder why it don't work with PCI-e...I have no pressing need to go HD, even if the technology is there (same with BLue Ray/HD-DVD), but curious to know whether the Canopuis HD stuff offer the same true real time for FX and Xplode transitions like the Storm2 did with the Nvidia/AGP cards?
                        IntelDG965SSK mobo, nVidia7600GT, Intel E6420Core2Duo 2.13ghz, 1 meg DDR2 RAM, Canopus Storm2Pro, Edius 3.62.

Comment

If anyone wanted to know, my Mac version of the ATI X1900 under Windows is realtime for Xplode Pro.

This info might come in handy to people. I think the X1950 will work in RT as well, but don't quote me on this.

Comment

realtime

I seem to be lucky and unlucky.....I just rebuilt my PC after MB problems, and in trying to keep up with technology, bought a board with PCIx...I did not read the forum much, but now I see that newer is not always nicer...nevertheless, I am getting realtime with my xlplode transitions....dont ask me how I did it, dont quite know...lol...my issue is that the overlay looks horible with nvidia cards I used, but I am using a sapphire radeon x1300, with much better quality, and with realtime.....If I could only find out how to get rid of the annoying artifacts I get with moving objets, I would be happy....a sort of grainy noise around moving objets or if I have panning or zooming shots...stills are ok.....I tried all sorts of settings, maybe that is why I have good realtime...but the overlay problem wouldn't go away.....I tried to install an AGP card, but the PC wouldn't boot, cant find it..Oh, I am still using my Storm card..the first one...works well, and I am not sorry I bought it...only thing it needs some support,,lol...can anyone tell me how to get a clean overlay..

Comment

I too see no need to move to HD output and the DVStorm2 fits my needs. But the problem is the DVStorm was designed/developed when AGP video cards were around and overlay was seamless and perfect. Moving at PCI-E MB I too ran into no overlay showing but with some “work around” I started to see the overlay with the ATI X800XL PCI-E not as good as the good old AGP since I get some video tearing on motion scenes. But seeing a synced overlay with the timeline is the most important and I’m not going to knit pick, for true a visual I look at my analog monitor.

Currently my system has RT Xplode and overlay with the ATI X800XL PCI-E and DVStorm2/Edius combo.

I just hope GV/Canopus keeps supporting the DVStorm with newer versions of Edius.

…Angelo
                              Canopus/GV: DVStorm2 w/component-out board, ADVC300, Edius 4.61, ProCoder 3.05, Imaginate2
                              System: MSI B75A-G43 (v2.0), i7-3770K, 4GB, HD6850, Pyro1394 pci-e, 6 Disks 2.4TB non-raid, Win7-32bit, Dell 24" & 19" LCD

Comment

I spoke too soon......now I am crashing everytime the curser comes on photo album...edius just dissappears. Try a reinstall, that didn't help....tried reinstalling edius, photo album, storm, everything,....nothing is helping, and it worked so well yesterday.....man...this is real annoying......I cant even render that section, cause it crashes everytime the curser comes to te transition....tried to export as AVI, the same thing.......EVERYTHING I tried has FAILED.xplode still works. I am still using v.3.62

Comment

Working...
                                X