Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edius NX and Ati videocard, I look for info

Hi,
    I have just assembled a new PC but I had many problems with videocard.
    It was a SAPPHIRE RADEON X1950XT 256MB GDDR3.
    The technican did a test. It has just replaced that videocard with a simple Nvidia GeForce 6600 GT. Now Edius 4 works very fine and everything is ok.
    Perhaps was my old videocard broken or is it a bad videocard with Edius NX?
    I'd like to get a new SAPPHIRE RADEON X1950XT 256MB GDDR3 videocard but I am worried. Can you tell me if that Ati videocard works fine with Edius NX and Edius 4?
    Thanks a lot.

This is my config:

Scheda Madre: P5W HD DELUXE
    MICROP. CONROE E6600 2,40GHz FSB 1066 4MB cache LGA775
    Videocard: SAPPHIRE RADEON X1950XT 256MB GDDR3
    ALIM: ENERMAX INFINITY 620W
    VENTOLA ARCTIC COOLING 12Vdc 120x120x25mm TACHIMETRICA
    VENTOLA ARCTIC COOLING FREEZER 7 PRO X P4 SOCKET 775
    Case full tower Cooler Master CM Stacker case
    A lonesome traveler looking for lost tribes around the world: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoD...6FduohA/videos
    CPU: Intel i9 7940X
    MOTHERBOARD: Asus PRIME X299-DELUXE
    VIDEOCARD: NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti
    SSD Drive:
    (C) 512GB Samsung 960 EVO PCIe M.2 NVMe (for Windows 10)
    (D) 1TB Samsung 960 EVO PCIe M.2 NVMe

I recommend nVidia because ATI still hasn't gotten their drivers right, even after all these years.

Grab an nVidia 8800GT if you can. These are DX10 compatible plus they're pretty fast if you ever want to use 3d apps.

One downside is that with these newer cards, Xplode Pro 4.5 will not work in realtime.

Comment

Customers here are using a lot of X1550 cards with no problems at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Zorro View Post
        Customers here are using a lot of X1550 cards with no problems at all.
        I'm sorry my inexperience but I think Ati X1550 cards are not enough good for 3D.
        A lonesome traveler looking for lost tribes around the world: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoD...6FduohA/videos
        SSD Drive:

Comment

Is there a reason why you're going to ATI over nVidia? I think their cards are equivalent in terms of speed, but nVidia usually has better drivers than ATI in my experience. Are ATI's cheaper where you live or easier to get?

Comment

Originally posted by STORMDAVE View Post
            Is there a reason why you're going to ATI over nVidia? I think their cards are equivalent in terms of speed, but nVidia usually has better drivers than ATI in my experience. Are ATI's cheaper where you live or easier to get?
            For me buying Ati or nVidia is the same but I'd like to spend the same money. The tecnician will replace the SAPPHIRE RADEON X1950XT 256MB GDDR3 with an nVidia but with the same features and price.
            What nVidia videocard costs like SAPPHIRE RADEON X1950XT 256MB GDDR3?
            I hope a fast suggestions. Tomorrow moning I have to choice.
            Thanks
            SSD Drive:

Comment

Originally posted by STORMDAVE View Post
              Grab an nVidia 8800GT if you can. These are DX10 compatible plus they're pretty fast if you ever want to use 3d apps.
              I'm sorry nVidia 8800GT it is too much expansive for me.
              SSD Drive:

Comment

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130082

$299 retail..the GTX is expensive but not the GT. Plus the 8800 series is DirectX 10 compatible, if it matters to you and if you will be using Vista, I think it's important to be "future proof".

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814195029

ATI 1950Pro $229 (I think this ones faster than the XT?)

nVidia 7950GT With HDCP (This one seems similar to ATI in terms of speed and price).
                http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130074
                $199

Comment

ATI Cards

I had problems with my ATI card from day one. Eventualy it burned out completely (lasted one year almost to the day). It was replaced no charge by the integrator. Coincidently we had just moved into the old ATI/AMD building across the street. Spooky!

Comment

The only thing I have to tell is with Nvidia GeForce 6600 GT I haven't any transitions in realtime. Even if I have put XEnVidiaATI files manually into Xplode Pro folder I have this problem. When I configure Xplode Pro and Xplode Edius I am not able to find the nVidia card in 3D setion. Why please?
                    SSD Drive:

Comment

For realtime Xplode transitions, ATI cards can go upto X800XL cards...for nVidia, I think it's 6600GT, but only on SOME cards. ATI has a higher success rate of RT xplode transitions.

Once you go with the newer PCIe cards, you can forget about Xplode Pro's realtime capability.

Comment

I'm testing ATI and NVidia cards for over a year now and I haven't found a single ATI card not compatible with Xplode RT plugin...
                        ATI X1950 boards work great for me
                        Aristotelis Bafaloukos
                        Systems Engineer, Video Editor, 3D Artist
                        BEng (Hons), MSc, MBCS

Ctrl+Alt+Delete

Comment

Are you sure? There was a huge debate on the old forum...someone said the X1000 worked for them, and a few people tested it and it did not work.

What are your steps? Whats your exact ATI card model #?

Also post your PC specs.

Comment

I 'm building canopus NLE systems almost every day that are mostly based on Asus (P5W DH Deluxe, P5B, P5WD2 Premium, P5LD2) and Supermicro boards. I have tested ATI X300, X550, X700, X800, X850, X1300, X1600, X1650, X1900, X1950 and maybe a few more(various vendors, MSI, Sapphire etc)
                            I never had a single problem with these cards, the only thing that might be necessary is to to change the video overlay method within Edius Hardware settings
                            Xplode Pro RT plugins are always working.

On the other hand I had huge problems with NVidia 7xxx series boards
                            Last edited by Aristotelis; 05-15-2007, 08:36 AM.
                            Aristotelis Bafaloukos
                            Systems Engineer, Video Editor, 3D Artist
                            BEng (Hons), MSc, MBCS

Ctrl+Alt+Delete

Comment

Originally posted by Aristotelis View Post
                              the only thing that might be necessary is to to change the video overlay method within Edius Hardware settings
                              Xplode Pro RT plugins are always working.
                              HELP ME PLEASE and sorry my bad english!
                              I hope you can give me some suggestions.
                              Now I am doing a test with GeForce 6600 GT videocard. I cannot get realtime with Xplode transitons. I know it is possible to get realtime only if you put XPnvidiaAti files into Xplode Pro/Stages folder. I now I have made it but I have problems. Before this operation Xplode Pro works fine with rendering but after having added XPnvidiaAti files no more. I have configured Xplode Pro and in Config I have found the Nvidia card, NVIDIA GEFORCE 6600GT.
                              I have configured it in Direct3D T&HAL. But now when I add any transition I see only a green or dark screen. Any transition don't work anymore. If I configure Xplode Pro with D3D Universal Renderer I get transitions working fine again. Why I have this problem? Many people work in this way.

You have just told "change the video overlay method within Edius Hardware settings Xplode Pro RT plugins are always working."
                              Can you tell me the right configuration about it, please?

thanks
                              SSD Drive:

Comment

Working...
                              X