Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

END OF EDIUS!?! "Grass Valley Announces The End Of Service For Selected Products"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• END OF EDIUS!?! "Grass Valley Announces The End Of Service For Selected Products"

Just received this email stating "Grass Valley Announces The End Of Service For Selected Products". It mentions all desktop editing (NLE software), and in the specifics in the PDF, Edius is listed.

Is the end of the line for Edius? Is some other company perhaps going to buy it out? Wish Canopus would just take it back. I had a bad feeling when I saw GV had become a Belden Brand. I thought it was pressing it's luck with Thompson to GV.

-Tim
    MAIN SYSTEM: Asus P8Z68 DELUXE, Core i-7 2600k @ 4.6Mhz (stable), 32gb DDR3 1600 (1833 oc) Vengence RAM, 512gb SSD (OS and Apps Only), 256gb SSD Scratch Disk, 2TB Caviar Black SATA3 RAID Video Drive, Nvidia GTX 970 (oc'd), Windows 7 PRO 64-bit, all in a customized HAF-X case ... complete with holographic logo. [Air cooled into the low teens idle, 49c under heavy sustained oc'd load.] Dual 19" displays with 32" video monitor. ShuttlePRO.

Did you read that email carefully?
    No need to cause a panic , stir or anything else.
    Older versions of EDIUS are EOL but newer version are just fine.
    We will continue with EDIUS no reason to start a panic.
    Maybe you should take a look at that email again? :)
    Steve

Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
    EDIUS support and Downloads

Comment

In the same Information GV tells that the newest Versions of Edius will be what is serviced - kurt
      Last edited by kpot; 10-31-2014, 09:46 AM.
      Intel core i7-6700K / ASUS Z170A / 32 GB RAM / Intel HD Graphics 530 / SSD Systemdrive / Gigabyte GeForce GT 1070 / Win-10/64 Pro / EDIUS-X(10.32.8750)-WG / Mercalli (V2, V4 and V5 Plugin/64bit) / RESOLVE-18.0.1.0003 Studio / ImgBurn / PowerDVD etc.
      // Read > Test > Understand

Comment

Yip current versions will be supported..
        Steve

Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
        EDIUS support and Downloads

Comment

Thanks, that is why I asked. I wasn't trying to start a panic or anything, I was generally concerned. I don't see the clarity of the message that you are purporting though ...

It just says: "Products reaching End of Service at the end of 2015 ..."

Then it just blanket lists "Desktop Editing (Edius)".

The PDF just lists various versions of Edius, one of which is JUST "EDIUS" and a release date, or End of Production(?) date of 2013 which coincides with Edius 7.

Feel free to delete the post if you think it is going to cause a panic or ruckus of some sort.
          MAIN SYSTEM: Asus P8Z68 DELUXE, Core i-7 2600k @ 4.6Mhz (stable), 32gb DDR3 1600 (1833 oc) Vengence RAM, 512gb SSD (OS and Apps Only), 256gb SSD Scratch Disk, 2TB Caviar Black SATA3 RAID Video Drive, Nvidia GTX 970 (oc'd), Windows 7 PRO 64-bit, all in a customized HAF-X case ... complete with holographic logo. [Air cooled into the low teens idle, 49c under heavy sustained oc'd load.] Dual 19" displays with 32" video monitor. ShuttlePRO.

Comment

Ahhm but EOP would still be 2014 (or later perhaps). I was thinking it was release date, sorry.

Comment

What is to be the fate of Edius Neo ? It hasn't been updated since 2012.

Basjoe
              Edit System : EDIUS 8.53WG ** Windows 10 Professional 64 ** 32GB Ram ** i7-5820K @ 4.2ghz ** Asus X99-S M/B ** 128, 256, and 512 gb SSDs ** GTX970 (Nvidia) 4GB Graphics ** Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 audio i/face ** Soundsystem Leak Stereo20, Quad ESL57s, REL subbass. ** Cubase Pro 10.5
              HTPC : Windows 10 64 ** 12GB Ram ** i7-930 ** GA-X58A-UD3R M/B ** 3 x 2TB WD drives ** GTX460 (Nvidia) 1024mb Graphics, ** Panasonic P42G20B 42" Plasma TV in another room.
              Cameras : Panasonic HC-X1500, Panasonic GH5

Comment

Tad bit of vindication here ... :)

"Earlier this week you received a message from Grass Valley ... we realize the wording of the original message may have been unclear. We apologize for the confusion and would like to set the record straight."

"...Again, we apologize for the confusion caused by our earlier communication and appreciate this opportunity to clarify. We value your business and thank you for trusting Grass Valley for all of your service and support needs.

Grass Valley Global Services"

Apparently not the only one who interpreted the email incorrectly. I think the problem was definitely in the broad approach to the announcement. Especially in light of the recent acquisition/name-change ... would not be the first company (by a LONG shot) to drop a product after a recent takeover, as you all know.

Very glad it is NOT the case.

-Tim

Comment

Yes, just to clarify, this is a fairly normal procedure of flushing out all the old products and part numbers from our systems, but it was presented in a very misleading way and we apologise unreservedly for this. On the plus side, you can bet this won't happen again!

Steve

Comment

Man, Edius Neo died as the newer version shot up to seven.

Comment

Originally posted by LittleMaster View Post
                      Man, Edius Neo died as the newer version shot up to seven.
                      Not really, Neo was a down sized version of Edius 6 / 6.5 which were 32 bit
                      Edius 7 is 64 bit so it makes sense to stop development on 32 bit programs now 64 bit operating systems are well established
                      Neo still works well, the problem may come on a newer computer and operating system

Barry
                      Win 10HP, EDIUS WG9.4, HD Spark, Boris RED 5, VMW6, Authorworks 6, Bluff Titler, VisTitler 2.8, NEAT 3/4, Mercalli 2/4, Vitascene, Izotope RX6 Plugin, NewBlue, Trend Micro AV
                      GB GA-X58A-UD3R MB, i7 [email protected], 12G 1600mhz Mem, Samsung EVO-250G SSD, 3x2T RAID, GTX 970W OC, 2x24 inch LG Monitors
                      Canon XH-A1/ Canon HF-G30, GoPro Hero3 Black, Edit @1920 50p HQ preset

https://vimeo.com/user2157719/videos
                      Laptop ASUS G752VT-GC060T Win 10HP, Edius WG8.53 Samsung M2 SSD 256G+1Tb HD,

Comment

Originally posted by Bluetongue View Post
                        Not really, Neo was a down sized version of Edius 6 / 6.5 which were 32 bit
                        Edius 7 is 64 bit so it makes sense to stop development on 32 bit programs now 64 bit operating systems are well established
                        Neo still works well, the problem may come on a newer computer and operating system

Barry
                        Neo is still for sale. As far as I know, GV has not advised potential and existing customers that Neo v3.5 is end-of-line. I am subscribed to GV's newsletter on matters Neo, and I haven't received any news at all recently. GV would certainly have sent mail to all existing customers if Neo development was over, and I would expect an upgrade path to full Edius Pro to be offered. They are that kind of company.

Neo is still the best of the bunch at the "consumer" level. There is a resurgence of interest at this level with the introduction of action cams and drones at increasingly affordable prices.

To produce a 64bit version of Neo with 4k support would not be difficult; the spade work has been done within the development path of Edius Pro.

GV, please feel free to jump in here and clarify the situation.

Basjoe
                        Edit System : EDIUS 8.53WG ** Windows 10 Professional 64 ** 32GB Ram ** i7-5820K @ 4.2ghz ** Asus X99-S M/B ** 128, 256, and 512 gb SSDs ** GTX970 (Nvidia) 4GB Graphics ** Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 audio i/face ** Soundsystem Leak Stereo20, Quad ESL57s, REL subbass. ** Cubase Pro 10.5
                        HTPC : Windows 10 64 ** 12GB Ram ** i7-930 ** GA-X58A-UD3R M/B ** 3 x 2TB WD drives ** GTX460 (Nvidia) 1024mb Graphics, ** Panasonic P42G20B 42" Plasma TV in another room.
                        Cameras : Panasonic HC-X1500, Panasonic GH5

Comment

Working...
                        X