Good news on 4.52--Imaginate and DVD burning good in 4.52

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good news on 4.52--Imaginate and DVD burning good in 4.52

Thanks GV for fixing Imaginate in 4.52. My thread on this was locked down and I was quite irate about the situation because i didn't think this issue was treated as seriously as it should.

So, now I'm happy to report it works flawlessly and perhaps faster and better than ever inside Edius.

I'm also appreciative that something VERY annoying was fixed. It made me crazy that a burn couldn't complete from start to finish without inputing additional information in the middle of the process. Now you can leave and come back to a finished DVD instead of a pop-up box.

In addition, I consider 4.52 to be stable. Finished a 2-hour long project with four nested sequences. I used multicam for the two camera shoot and flipped back and forth between F8/F5 hundreds of times. I fully expected crashing and I didn't have one.

Encouraging stuff.

Thanks,
    Bob

I soooo agree wth Bob.

It's so good to have Imaginate back.

And the DVD app is actually a useful tool now. Not only with menus and chapters, etc. but also because one doesn't have to provide an input in the middle of the process, so you can "set and forget." I still use Encore for most of my DVD production, but I definitely get certain kinds of jobs where burning directly from the timeline makes real sense, and I'm glad I have the ability to do so.

Comment

Imaginate with Edius

I'm not sure this is the good forum for my question :

I installed Imaginate 2.0 and use Edius 4.54. I can use Imaginate as a stand alone save the project and than open it in Edius. I wish to be able to open that project directly form Edius like a plugin. Is this possible ?
      Nora

Comment

Originally posted by Nora Vanhulle View Post
        I'm not sure this is the good forum for my question :

I installed Imaginate 2.0 and use Edius 4.54. I can use Imaginate as a stand alone save the project and than open it in Edius. I wish to be able to open that project directly form Edius like a plugin. Is this possible ?
        Nora
        Right click on the IVP and select "Open"

- or -

Select the IVP then Shift + Ctrl + P

Either of these will launch Imaginate or activate it if you have it minimized.

Comment

Welcome to the Forum Nora,

Imaginate is not exactly a plug-in, but it is a filetype you can place on the timeline. It does not behave 100% like a typical file (don't divide them!), but most can handle that.

The behavior of Imaginate files in Edius now is fantastic!
          Rusty Rogers | Films
          >TYAN S7025 - 32GB RAM, 2 x Xeon X5690's, 4 x 10k video HD's, Win10 x64, BM DecklinkHD, nVidia TITAN, 12TB DroboPro w/iSCISI connection
          >RAZER BLADE - QHD+ - 16GB RAM, i7-6700HQ Quad, 512GB SSD, Win10 x64, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

An inglorious peace is better than a dishonorable war.
          Twain - "Glances at History" 1906

Comment

We take everything seriously. I can tell you (as a true insider now) that the folks that are on this forum take the things you need and want very seriously and they are all discussed and they are all pushed as far as we can and still have jobs. ;)

Mike

Comment

what was the problem with imaginate before?

Comment

Originally posted by jimstamos View Post
                It wouldn't load, as I've read from other posts.

Comment

Originally posted by jimstamos View Post
                  Yep, one of the updates broke the connection between Imaginate and Edius. Rendering out to avi in Imaginate and then importing it into Edius has always worked. Anyway all is fine now.

Comment

Imaginate with Edius

Well thanks you saved me a lot of time to search. It was easy but you just have to know.
                    Thank you,
                    Nora

Comment

Working...
                    X