Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day for Night

Edius 6.5
    Anyone have a GOOD method?? I've been messing around all morning with settings and filters etc... not happy with the final results.... anyone have any suggestions?
    Thanks Edius Gurus!
    Sherri
    Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but she did it backwards and in high heels.

If you have AE this might help you:
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...72938740,d.b2U

Looks or Sapphire have filters that do this. There also might be a preset in Resolve Lite(free) that could help you.
    Last edited by Jerry; 08-13-2014, 05:12 PM.
    Jerry
    Six Gill DV
    www.sgdvtutorials.com
    If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
    http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
    Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

New Blue have Day for Night in Essentials 4

A quick play gives a couple of pics first one is original second one with New Blue, YUV curve down whites and shadows and add blue tint, and colour wheel (desaturate). The example is a bit extreme in that the building was peaking 100% white.

Hmm that's interesting it seems to upload large frame formats, display them in the message editor but won't put them in the reply going away to make them smaller

Done as attached

Taken from a 4K clip

Mike
      Attached Files
      Last edited by createmedia; 08-13-2014, 05:53 PM.
      Sys4: Z10PE-D16WS MB 2xE5-2696 Xeon 72 active logical cores. EWG9. 64G RAM. Aorus GTX1080Ti. 55" Q7 1500 NIT HDR 4K TV/Storm 3G Elite/Decklink 4K 12G/8CH audio monitoring, Yamaha RXA-870 A/V. Sys1-3 EWG8 + RX-E1+HDBX1000 MIP in HP xw8600 2 x X5492 CPU 8 cores, 8Gig RAM, Quadro FX3800. All sys Fibre to central media pool - 5TB Axus Yotta RAID + QLogic Fibre Switch. Central VCR rack plus YUV & audio to viewing room with Yamaha AX1 7.1 100 watt per channel amp with 1000W sub 63" HD 3D Samsung TV

Comment

It depends a great deal on the footage and how you are trying to place the scene. Like if it's on a street with old lights or in a bar or out in the middle of no where with no light source influence. I always key skin tones and desaturate separately from the rest of the image as I don't desaturate them as much. Some nighttime situations have differing contrast levels, like in the open and cloudy with no moon will be lower contrast than with a bright full moon and no clouds. So I never use plug ins and go manual as I am always doing something different to sell the look so to speak.

Comment

Originally posted by Woody Sanford View Post
          It depends a great deal on the footage and how you are trying to place the scene. [...] So I never use plug ins and go manual as I am always doing something different to sell the look so to speak.
          +1

Photo 1 is an example done with createmedia picture. 4 tracks compositing
          A: full desaturation + YUV curve to negate non linear
          B: untouched original
          C: original with color altered
          D: mask to compensate

Photo 2 is another example I did for some guy in another forum.
          Just a multiply of original and its colored version + some mask to create some "atmosphere".

Both 100% pure Edius fx and compositing with standard blenders.
          Attached Files
          E8W
          Desktop: Seven Ultimate | P8Z68-vPro 16GB | [email protected] | GTX560Ti | FW410 | U2711 | SDM205k | Shuttle Pro
          Misc: HVR-A1 | GH2

Comment

Yes that looks much better than using any plugins.

Mike
            Sys4: Z10PE-D16WS MB 2xE5-2696 Xeon 72 active logical cores. EWG9. 64G RAM. Aorus GTX1080Ti. 55" Q7 1500 NIT HDR 4K TV/Storm 3G Elite/Decklink 4K 12G/8CH audio monitoring, Yamaha RXA-870 A/V. Sys1-3 EWG8 + RX-E1+HDBX1000 MIP in HP xw8600 2 x X5492 CPU 8 cores, 8Gig RAM, Quadro FX3800. All sys Fibre to central media pool - 5TB Axus Yotta RAID + QLogic Fibre Switch. Central VCR rack plus YUV & audio to viewing room with Yamaha AX1 7.1 100 watt per channel amp with 1000W sub 63" HD 3D Samsung TV

Comment

IOTN - Can you please tell me the steps you did to create that?? I need that effect EXACTLY (#2)!! Perfect!
              I DO have AECC but would prefer to use Edius all the way.
              TYTYTY!!!
              Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but she did it backwards and in high heels.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                I need that effect EXACTLY (#2)!! Perfect!
                :-))

Well it is basic:

In a dedicated sequence, the original clip is combined with itself using multiply but one of the instances color and gamma are altered: first with complete desaturation using color balance and then YUV curves for gamma and global tone.

Click to Enlarge

This sequence is nested into another one with the mask filter applied in order to re-light the scene using color balance filter inside and outside of the mask.

Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge

Last, a full white color matte with mask and color balance applied permit slight change of the color within two areas of the scene. It is composed using soft-light mode with the nested sequence and voilĂ  !

Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge
                Last edited by lotn; 08-16-2014, 09:01 AM. Reason: didn't know about thumbs. thank you Steve !
                E8W
                Desktop: Seven Ultimate | P8Z68-vPro 16GB | [email protected] | GTX560Ti | FW410 | U2711 | SDM205k | Shuttle Pro
                Misc: HVR-A1 | GH2

Comment

THANK YOU!!

Comment

Working...
                  X