Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PixPrimitive.dll and AppMaintainer.exe

Hi,

After startup of my Windows 8.1 system, I'm getting a pop-up screen saying there is a problem with AppMaintainer.exe because the file PixPrimitive.dll is missing.
    My First idea was a problem with my anti-virus software.
    But to my surprise, a Google search pointed me to Grass Valley.

I'm following the updates closely so I'm now running Edius 7.31 build 2939.

Is there an easy way to solve this?
    Or should I consider a complete uninstall/reinstall?

Or is Google pointing me the wrong way?

Regards,
    Marc Hens
    --------------------------------------------------
    Edius 9.51 - Panasonic AG-AC90
    desktop: Windows 10 64 bits - Intel i9 9900K Coffee Lake - 32 GB RAM - nVIDIA Geoforce GTX1070 ti (8GB) - 2 TB M.2 SSD for video - 256GB M.2 SSD for software - 4 TB SATA for other data
    laptop: Windows 10 64 bits - Intel i7 6700 - 32 GB RAM - nVIDIA Geoforce GTX1060 - 256 GB m2 SSD + 500 GB Sata-SSD + 1 TB SATA

I think a reinstall is in order with any antivirus software disabled.
    Steve

Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
    EDIUS support and Downloads

Comment

Solved

I had the same issue and a complete reinstall didn't solve the problem at first. Then I discovered that on my 64-bit system a "GV Licensemanager 2.31" was installed in the bin Program Files (x86). I had to remove the bin Grass Valley manualy because the uninstall didn't work. Then I reinstalled Edius with 7.20 and updated to 7.31. No more errors :-)

Comment

I did find out in a different way.
        The so called missing dll-file was present in the 64-bit programs folder.
        But the program that was using the DLL was in the 32-bit grass valley folder.

Then, I compared with my second installation on my laptop and found the dll-file in the 32-bit folder.
        After transferring the missing file from my laptop to my desktop, the problem disappeared.

So indeed, solved.
        --------------------------------------------------
        Edius 9.51 - Panasonic AG-AC90
        desktop: Windows 10 64 bits - Intel i9 9900K Coffee Lake - 32 GB RAM - nVIDIA Geoforce GTX1070 ti (8GB) - 2 TB M.2 SSD for video - 256GB M.2 SSD for software - 4 TB SATA for other data
        laptop: Windows 10 64 bits - Intel i7 6700 - 32 GB RAM - nVIDIA Geoforce GTX1060 - 256 GB m2 SSD + 500 GB Sata-SSD + 1 TB SATA

Comment

Thanks thats interesting because i had the same problem including BSOD on restart showing knownddl missing error and initially the only way i got rid was to re install an image from some time previously and re install updates to all programmes after that date
          System Asus WS Z390 Pro MB, CPU i9 9900K, 32gb 3000mhz Ram, EVGA GTX1070TI, BM IP4K Win 10, BD Burner 1 Evo 840 and 4 Hotswap caddies
          Plugins Vistitle 2.8, TP7, NB TFX5
          Monitors Samsung 32 inch tv as main 1 LG M2350D,1 D2343 1 DM2350D as output to (3D) IP4K, PXW X70,Canon FX400

Comment

same problem here

Cause: installed AVAST virenscanner
            >PixPrimitive.dll< was in the quarantine-folder isolated

restore it solved simple the problem

advantageous if your virensanner only isolate in the quarantine-folder
            and do not delete the file automatically .... :-)
            CentralEurope aka Hans
            voluntary / unpaid moderator from the german GV-forum ... Edius 4.61 up to Edius 9.xx
            i9-7980XE 18cores/36threads - M.2 960PRO 512GB - M.2 970PRO 1TB - div. 2 or4TB disks - 32GB DDR4-3600 - GTX 1080 8GB - Win_10prof
            [the AMD 1950X 16cores / 32 threads = go return because of massive problems, Not only I had these problems]

Comment

Working...
            X