Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alade.
    replied
    yeh, I read the sticky....but if you know the hell windows put you through sometimes, you will know how things work....Had to reformat 4 times to get windows remain stable...something to do with the bios on the new motherboards.....I had to goole to find a remedy......hope that all goes well at lease for the next 2 years......by then we would have Edius 8 or 9.....

must give Tech Support a big thanks...they had me back up in a very short time....

OK, let me put it this way...suppose I have a major crash on my Edius PC, can not restart, therefore I can not get to de-activate Edius, then I have a problem....so, I should keep my info flash drive safe, so I can de-activate, so that when I rebuild, I would have that info at hand....or what then shall I do......de-activate, save that information, re-activate, so I can have the de-activation information at hand.
    Last edited by Alade.; 08-13-2014, 01:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Geoff_C
    replied
    GVGTechSupport advised as follows
    <<
    Before you uninstall EDIUS you will need to deactivate the serial number via GV License Manager. Also you can only deactivate the license 2 times within a 30 day period.
    >>

My thoughts: This should be more than adequate. "Also you can only deactivate the license 2 times within a 30 day period. "
    Last edited by Geoff_C; 08-12-2014, 12:25 PM. Reason: clarification

Leave a comment:

• Alade.
    replied
    Thanks.....

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    I think GV put a limit on the number of times you can deactivate and activate

if online deactivate works without error, you will be able to activate again on any other PC or rebuilt PC
    Last edited by antonsvideo; 08-12-2014, 12:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Alade.
    replied
    I know this is not the section to ask this, but maybe, just maybe someone could help me.......If I deactivate, and then change my Edius PC or make hardware changes, e.g. MB, will the new machine be able to reactivate if I just insert the flash drive, and reactivate, or would I have to generate new info about my new PC?

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_SL
    replied
    Glad that it is sorted.

Leave a comment:

• Alade.
    replied
    Thanks guys, ....Called Tech support this morning, and I am up and running......I did some searching, and some how, someone got my account information and stole my activation......Thanks again to GV Tech support, I am now Happy again.......

Leave a comment:

• Alade.
    replied
    Originally posted by GrassValley_SL View Post
    Hi Alade.
    Please contact technical support. Our servers keep track of your activation(s) and will show you current count. :)
    Talking to tech support will most likely solve the issue.
    As we stated in the stickies there is no help for activation issues on the forum.

Thanks for understanding.

Which method is better, by telephone or email, because I cannot even use the trial .....and this is a new built PC....Finally had to face it and rebuild.....and had the feeling that I would have this problem, but when I went to the site, I see activity for June 2014, and I have never tried to de-activate, neither activate at any time since I first installed Edius about 3 years or so ago,...so someone must have been hacking into my account...

Thanks for your reply.....

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_SL
    replied
    Originally posted by Alade. View Post
    I tried, but it says I have no more activations left....which, from my memory, I should have one left....
    Hi Alade.
    Please contact technical support. Our servers keep track of your activation(s) and will show you current count. :)
    Talking to tech support will most likely solve the issue.
    As we stated in the stickies there is no help for activation issues on the forum.

Thanks for understanding.
    Last edited by GrassValley_SL; 08-10-2014, 05:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• John Hooper
    replied
    I read this:

http://forum.grassvalley.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=31643

So I should have 2 more activations, shouldn't I?

Leave a comment:

• Geoff_C
    replied
    I think the new 'GV' ruling is 2 strikes (de activate and re activate ) & you are out.

Generally this will not be a problem unless you have an unstable pc and choose to de-activate Edius whilst problem is sorted. I ran into a problem when wife's pc lost a system disc.

Generally GV support is quite quick (just allow 4 days to respond to an email). Maybe a 'phone call would be better.
    Last edited by Geoff_C; 08-10-2014, 01:40 PM. Reason: Clarify

Leave a comment:

• John Hooper
    replied
    Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
    Deactivation is grayed out by default, this is normal

once you click the license in the list, then it should become active

you can also check online how many installations you have remaining under your license
    I didn't know that you could check via the link.

Out of curiosity, I checked my installation and it only says 1 left, but I have only installed Edius 7 once on my new PC and never needed to de-activate / activate. Am I reading the page wrongly?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Geoff_C
    replied
    Anton

Have two licences spread over 3 pc's.

Do you know a way to identify which licence is allocated to which pc?

The licence manager is non too helpful.

Thanks G

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    Originally posted by Geoff_C View Post
    My experience in the UK is that your reseller cannot reset activations.

Would suggest you log in to GV.com and hunt through to 'contact customer support'

Either 'phone or email and be prepared to wait a couple of days.

Best of luck Geoff

North America
    •North America, Mexico, & Caribbean ◦+1 800 547 8949 (option 2)
    ◦+1 530 478 4148

International Support Centers
    •United States/Americas
    ◦Telephone: +1 800 547 8949 or +1 530 478 4148
    ◦ E-mail: Please use our online form

•All other countries
    ◦E-mail: Please use our online form
    in that case, contact the importer for your area, they must be able to do it

Leave a comment:

• Geoff_C
    replied
    My experience in the UK is that your reseller cannot reset activations.

Would suggest you log in to GV.com and hunt through to 'contact customer support'

Either 'phone or email and be prepared to wait a couple of days.

Best of luck Geoff

North America
    •North America, Mexico, & Caribbean ◦+1 800 547 8949 (option 2)
    ◦+1 530 478 4148

International Support Centers
    •United States/Americas
    ◦Telephone: +1 800 547 8949 or +1 530 478 4148
    ◦ E-mail: Please use our online form

•All other countries
    ◦E-mail: Please use our online form

Leave a comment:

Working...
X