XP pro 64 and edius 3.6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XP pro 64 and edius 3.6

Will Edius 3.6 work well with the 64 bit XP Pro?

It should work fine, but only in OHCI mode. No drivers for Edius hardware.

Comment

You mean that the canopus capture device I have will not work with 64 bit? Why hasn't canopus (grassvalley) come out with some?

Comment

Yes, there is no hardware support. 64bit is not that mainstream, and I havent seen any capture hardware manufacturers like Aja, Black Magic, make 64bit drivers either.

Comment

BlackMagic have 64 bit drivers for XP and Vista 64bit.

Comment

So in other words most video editors etc. don't use 64 bit which would give them more memory and more speed? I just have the front panel canopus advc 50. I like the front panel loading ability so that is why I have that right now. I haven't put a lot of money into that part so I could upgrade very easily.

Comment

Originally posted by shueardm View Post
              BlackMagic have 64 bit drivers for XP and Vista 64bit.
              All of them?

Comment

Not sure, but Multibridge PRO (2) does and when Vegas 8 goes 64 bit in a month or two it will be very interesting to see.

Comment

Originally posted by ingeborgdot View Post
                  So in other words most video editors etc. don't use 64 bit which would give them more memory and more speed? I just have the front panel canopus advc 50. I like the front panel loading ability so that is why I have that right now. I haven't put a lot of money into that part so I could upgrade very easily.
                  I believe that you don't need drivers to work with your advc 55 in Windows XP 64...It should work just fine...
                  Aristotelis Bafaloukos
                  Systems Engineer, Video Editor, 3D Artist
                  BEng (Hons), MSc, MBCS

Ctrl+Alt+Delete

Comment

Actually I have the ADVC 50 not the 55. So it wouldn't matter if I had 64 bit drivers.

The thing that I have read lately now is that you don't get that much performance enhancement.??

Comment

Sorry, that was a typing mistake...however there is no difference between those 2 devises....
                      Aristotelis Bafaloukos
                      Systems Engineer, Video Editor, 3D Artist
                      BEng (Hons), MSc, MBCS

Ctrl+Alt+Delete

Comment

Indeed - if ADVC55 works with 64-bit (I wouldn't know, personally), then ADVC50 should indeed function.

It's more dependant on the compatibility of the FireWire port/chip than the ADVC.

Comment

So it would probably be try 64 and if it works great, if not try something else. I guess using the sure thing is what I will do. Edius 3.6 doesn't work with vista does it?

Comment

EDIUS Neo (based on the 4.5 engine) is the only version of EDIUS compatible with Windows Vista at the moment.

Comment

So basically if I want vista I can't have edius pro 3.6! In order to upgrade I need to spend another 700 bucks.

Comment

Working...
                              X