What is the transferred folder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the transferred folder

I am importing CanopusHQ footage (Lumix footage that was converted to CanopusHQ via AVCHD2HQ) and Edius is creating a folder next to my project file called "transferred" and copying files to there (att screenshot). Why is Edius doing this and how can I stop it? I do not have enough disk space on my PROJECTS disk and if Edius needs to copy files, I need it to copy it on the RAW_FOOTAGE hard drive and not the PROJECTS drive. Where do I change this?

Then, as you can see in third picture, Edius uses the transferred file and not the original. Don't understand why.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by zvit; 06-27-2014, 08:51 AM.
    Gigabyte Z77X-UP4 TH, Intel Core i7 3770k 3.5GHz, 4 Core, 8 Threads, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2GB, 500GB SSD HDD for OS, 40TB Usable Hard Drive Capacity, Window 10 PRO 64-bit Edius 9.5 WORKSTATION...

How did you import them? Source Browser?

If you go to the Bin and select import file
    Go to the folder and select the files you want, click on open, the files will appear in the Bin without transferring

Regards Barry
    Win 10HP, EDIUS WG9.4, HD Spark, Boris RED 5, VMW6, Authorworks 6, Bluff Titler, VisTitler 2.8, NEAT 3/4, Mercalli 2/4, Vitascene, Izotope RX6 Plugin, NewBlue, Trend Micro AV
    GB GA-X58A-UD3R MB, i7 [email protected], 12G 1600mhz Mem, Samsung EVO-250G SSD, 3x2T RAID, GTX 970W OC, 2x24 inch LG Monitors
    Canon XH-A1/ Canon HF-G30, GoPro Hero3 Black, Edit @1920 50p HQ preset

https://vimeo.com/user2157719/videos
    Laptop ASUS G752VT-GC060T Win 10HP, Edius WG8.53 Samsung M2 SSD 256G+1Tb HD,

Comment

Originally posted by Bluetongue View Post
      How did you import them? Source Browser?

If you go to the Bin and select import file
      Go to the folder and select the files you want, click on open, the files will appear in the Bin without transferring

Regards Barry
      No, not SB. I just double clicked inside the bin, navigated to the CanopusHq files, selected them all and clicked open. p.s. This only happens when I import CanopusHQ AVI files that were converted from MP4.
      Gigabyte Z77X-UP4 TH, Intel Core i7 3770k 3.5GHz, 4 Core, 8 Threads, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2GB, 500GB SSD HDD for OS, 40TB Usable Hard Drive Capacity, Window 10 PRO 64-bit Edius 9.5 WORKSTATION...

Comment

me neither
        Just tried double clicking and imported the thumbnail only with reference to the file, sorry no idea, I always convert using AVCHD2HQ and never seen this

Barry
        Win 10HP, EDIUS WG9.4, HD Spark, Boris RED 5, VMW6, Authorworks 6, Bluff Titler, VisTitler 2.8, NEAT 3/4, Mercalli 2/4, Vitascene, Izotope RX6 Plugin, NewBlue, Trend Micro AV
        GB GA-X58A-UD3R MB, i7 [email protected], 12G 1600mhz Mem, Samsung EVO-250G SSD, 3x2T RAID, GTX 970W OC, 2x24 inch LG Monitors

Comment

Ok, just now I see that it's been doing this with other footage as well (not even converted footage!) like DSLR QuickTime footage.
          Attached Files

Comment

The only time I have seen the Transferred folder used is if I used Source Browser, that is why I asked
            Have you tried using a "New Profile"?
            I looked through both Settings and could not find anything that would seem relavent, strange
            Barry

Comment

In the meantime, As soon as I import, I open the background Window and click all and stop them. This stops the transferring.

Comment

Most likely the transfer to project folder is select in the "open/import Palette"
                Steve

Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
                EDIUS support and Downloads

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_SL View Post
                  Most likely the transfer to project folder is select in the "open/import Palette"
                  What pallete is that?

Comment

Please see attachement.
                    Attached Files
                    Steve

Comment

Steve's answer is most likely your problem.
                      1: 3970X Threadripper, Asus ROG Strix TR40 E Gaming, G. Skill Trident Z Neo 128G DDR4 3600, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1T, Intel 660P M.2 2T (2), Seagate Ironwolf NAS 12T, Enermax TR4 360 AIO, Lian Li 011 DXL, AJA Kona 4, Asus ROG Thor 1200

2: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64G DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512G, GeForce GTX 1080ti SC Black, Corsair AX1200i, Phanteks Luxe, 16T RAID HGST Deskstar NAS 4T, Corsair H115i AIO, BM IP 4K

Comment

Case 1

The source browser is intended to be used to add files from an external device directly via for example USB, but also includes the internal BluRay player, and therefore it will automatically add the clips to the transferred folder as they will not yet exist locally on the video hard drive.

Case 2

If you have already transferred files across to the chosen media folder from the memory card or disk to your local hard drive.

In the bin right click select add file dialogue.

In the file browsing window there is a tick box to transfer media to the project folder bottom left just by the file browser preview window. There is no need to have the tick box ticked as it will add them to the transferred folder as well, and as you say it effectively doubles/duplicates the disk space taken.

Case 3

The original format of the video clips is difficult to edit in multilayer, for instance compressed 4K material, in which case you may want Edius to transfer to the Hard drive into say HQX format to improve the real time performance.

Mike
                        Sys4: Z10PE-D16WS MB 2xE5-2696 Xeon 72 active logical cores. EWG9. 64G RAM. Aorus GTX1080Ti. 55" Q7 1500 NIT HDR 4K TV/Storm 3G Elite/Decklink 4K 12G/8CH audio monitoring, Yamaha RXA-870 A/V. Sys1-3 EWG8 + RX-E1+HDBX1000 MIP in HP xw8600 2 x X5492 CPU 8 cores, 8Gig RAM, Quadro FX3800. All sys Fibre to central media pool - 5TB Axus Yotta RAID + QLogic Fibre Switch. Central VCR rack plus YUV & audio to viewing room with Yamaha AX1 7.1 100 watt per channel amp with 1000W sub 63" HD 3D Samsung TV

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_SL View Post
                          Please see attachement.
                          Stupid me! How did I not see that? Problem solved! Thanks!

Comment

No worries. Glad I could help. Happy editing. :)
                            Steve

Comment

Great job

i solve my problem

Comment

Working...
                              X