Crash on Close

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crash on Close

Quite often when I close Edius it exits with a crash message. It's not really a problem, because the program is saved and closed, but it doesn't seem quite right to me.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks,

Doug
    Asus P8Z77-V LE, Intel i7-3770 processor, 16GB ram, GTX 650 Ti PCIe graphics card, Storm 3G, Windows 7 Pro, Boris Red 2.1, Edius 6.08

Are you running any plugins?
    Jerry
    Six Gill DV
    www.sgdvtutorials.com
    If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
    http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
    Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

If you are using any NewBlue plugs make sure you at least update all to the version on our compatibility list. Those have a specific fix for exit issues.
      Steve

Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
      EDIUS support and Downloads

Comment

I do use Boris Red. I'll have to take note if it only happens with those projects. As for New Blue, I avoid those, because they tend to crash Edius without closing.

Thanks,

Doug
        Asus P8Z77-V LE, Intel i7-3770 processor, 16GB ram, GTX 650 Ti PCIe graphics card, Storm 3G, Windows 7 Pro, Boris Red 2.1, Edius 6.08

Comment

Strange I have not had exit issues with RED only.
          Which version are you using and which effect do you have applied?
          Steve

Comment

Are you using anything in the AE bridge?
            Jerry
            Six Gill DV
            www.sgdvtutorials.com
            If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
            https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
            http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
            Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

That's a good question because Looks 2.5 is not supported yet and one of its issues currently is "exit issue" unfortunately.
              Steve

Comment

I'm using Red 5.2 (I will update my profile to include that.)

I am not using AE Bridge.

The issue is not consistent and I am not able to reproduce it deliberately. The same project that crashes on close does not necessarily crash on close the next time.

I will try to monitor the situation to see if I can isolate the cause.

Thanks,

Doug Collins

Comment

Working...
                X