Edius partial lock up problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edius partial lock up problem

While editing a one hour project all of a sudden edius 7.21 locked up. when I tried to save and close Edius the save button was grayed out. It appears that there is something running in the background. I looked under all the windows and did not see anything that I had left open. Task manager did not show anything but Edius running.
    The timeline will still play. The only thing I can think of is that I opened quick titler by mistake instead of Vistitle and closed it down just before the lock up.

Any suggestions on where to look? I have about two days into this project at this time and I am afraid to force a shut down in fear of losing my work up to this point.

When I try to close Edius I get an error message... Close all other diaglogs... I cannot find anything that I have left open. Also there is a lock symbol on the cursor.
    More than likely this is not an Edius problem but some self inflicted dumb error on my part.

Thanks

Ronnie
    Last edited by RonnieMartin; 06-19-2014, 08:09 PM.
    Ronnie Martin
    Kato Video Productions
    main system: custom built by Edit HD Ultma 277,Intel (R) core (TM) i7 2600K cpu 3.40 GHz 3.40Ghz, 16GB ram, Windows 7, Intel HD (R) graphics 3000, NVIDA Gforce GT 440, C drive Samsung SSD 850 pro, video drive WD 3TB SATA, 2 LG Bluray drives, External WD SATA 2TB storage/backup drives in thermaltake Black device. edius 8.3 WG

Just as I expected.... Dumb self inflicted pilot error on my part. With the help of Jerry, we fixed it by going to task manager,stopping Quick titler then shutting down the computer. When I booted back up and opened Edius, "auto save" had saved the day.

Ronnie
    Ronnie Martin
    Kato Video Productions
    main system: custom built by Edit HD Ultma 277,Intel (R) core (TM) i7 2600K cpu 3.40 GHz 3.40Ghz, 16GB ram, Windows 7, Intel HD (R) graphics 3000, NVIDA Gforce GT 440, C drive Samsung SSD 850 pro, video drive WD 3TB SATA, 2 LG Bluray drives, External WD SATA 2TB storage/backup drives in thermaltake Black device. edius 8.3 WG

Comment

Auto-save is great.
      But always back up your work, and use an external drive just to be sure!

Comment

I am having the same issue, but I can't find the Quick Titler open in the task manager. I have rebooted and I unistalled and reinstalled edius with no success, the problem is still there.

When I open the Quick Titler to make a change to a title and then go under file to save, Quick Titler crashes and then all the same as you described, with the greyed out buttons, the timeline will play.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
        All My Best,
        Mark Von Lanken
        Picture This Productions, Inc.
        www.VonWeddingFilms.com

Comment

can you confirm that QuickTitler.exe exists in C:\Program Files\Grass Valley\EDIUS 7

if so, it should be visible in processes tab of task manager
          Anton Strauss
          Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Yes, the QT exe file is in there. I am running Edius 6.52.

I made the titler earlier in the day. I went back to adjust the placement of the title. Made the changes, went up to file and QT crashed. Then several of the buttons are greyed out. Also a lock icon shows up with I try to do anything with the title. The timeline will play, I can't output. When I try to close Edius, I get the message that a dialogue box is open and it can't close.

I can only get Edius to close via the task manager, but the Titler isn't showing up as running in the task manager.

As I said, I unistalled Edius and reinstalled thinking maybe had been corrupted. I even thought it might just be that specific project. But I also tried to open a title in another project and it again crashed when I tried to save.

I have used the titler for a long length of time with no issues.
            Last edited by Mark Von Lanken; 08-13-2014, 03:26 AM.
            All My Best,
            Mark Von Lanken
            www.VonWeddingFilms.com

Comment

a lock icon means the titler is still open, but behind something

can you end its process in taskmanager? then try again
              Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

QT isn't showing up in the task manager after it crashes.
                All My Best,
                Mark Von Lanken
                www.VonWeddingFilms.com

Comment

can I see a screenshot of Taskmanager Processes Tab after it crashes
                  Anton Strauss

Comment

After QT Crashes, I get a message box allowing me to close the QT program because of a windows problem.

https://vonweddingfilms.wistia.com/medias/7nzv7nkley

https://vonweddingfilms.wistia.com/medias/dk40lm4rdj
                    Last edited by Mark Von Lanken; 08-14-2014, 05:17 AM.
                    All My Best,
                    Mark Von Lanken
                    www.VonWeddingFilms.com

Comment

at first glance, I see lots of processes running, but I can't see all

can you just do a screenshot of taskmanager only, large enough so that there is no scrollbar in taskmanager and save as png, then attach here by choosing go advanced, manage attachments

win 7 comes with a free snipping tool found in accessories and it is good for png screenshots

why do you have so many instances of google chrome running? and so many adobe products?

also, what is FF Protecter?
                      Anton Strauss

Comment

I'm sure the chrome thing is just one browser open with multiple tabs. For each tab task manager shows another instance of Chrome. Just a fyi.

Comment

Anton: ffprotection

It is an authenticode code-signed executable issued to STMicroelectronics by the certification authority VeriSign.

What is AccelerometerP11?
                          This is the ST Microelectronics free fall sensor application for various laptops technology that attempts to avoid or reduce mechanical damage to hard disk drives by preparing the disk(s) prior to impact. The system consists of accelerometers that alert the system when excess acceleration or vibration is detected. The software then tells the hard disk to unload its heads to prevent them from coming in contact with the platter, thus potentially preventing head crash. This technology only engages if the hard drive is running at the moment of impact.
                          Overview
                          The most used version is 2.00.11.22, with over 98% of all installations currently using this version. Upon installation and setup, it defines an auto-start registry entry which makes this program run on each Windows boot for all user logins. The main program executable is FF_Protection.exe. The software installer includes 41 files and is usually about 2.61 MB (2,738,085 bytes)

Usually installed on Dell laptops.

I have no experience of Edius working with it as to whether a problem or not.

I have however had problems with edius 6.08 and iTunes which is listed in the task manager;- iTunes Helper. There was a bad version of iTunes that caused havoc.

It could easily be uninstalled to try.

Uploading a crash dump here would be helpful I can see the crash reporter is open

Mike
                          Sys4: Z10PE-D16WS MB 2xE5-2696 Xeon 72 active logical cores. EWG9. 64G RAM. Aorus GTX1080Ti. 55" Q7 1500 NIT HDR 4K TV/Storm 3G Elite/Decklink 4K 12G/8CH audio monitoring, Yamaha RXA-870 A/V. Sys1-3 EWG8 + RX-E1+HDBX1000 MIP in HP xw8600 2 x X5492 CPU 8 cores, 8Gig RAM, Quadro FX3800. All sys Fibre to central media pool - 5TB Axus Yotta RAID + QLogic Fibre Switch. Central VCR rack plus YUV & audio to viewing room with Yamaha AX1 7.1 100 watt per channel amp with 1000W sub 63" HD 3D Samsung TV

Comment

Working...
                          X