Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Edius hardware and Multibridge Eclipse

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Edius hardware and Multibridge Eclipse

    Did anybody try to have any Edius card together with Multibridge Eclipse with Production Premium CS 3 ? Does it conflict ?
    And what about Vista Ultimate and Edius 4.52 ? Working ?
    Andrzej Stefan

  • #2
    I will be buying a Multibridge Pro and put it in my Mac Pro alongside of NX. I should be able to get it within a few months, so I think I'll be the first test dummy to do this :)

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Andrzej Stefan View Post
      Did anybody try to have any Edius card together with Multibridge Eclipse with Production Premium CS 3 ? Does it conflict ?
      Not that I am aware of, but then, no one has stated that it doesn't conflict, either. EDIUS hardware is not supported in Prem Pro CS3, outside of being used in ADVC mode, so the chances of a conflict there are unlikely.

      Originally posted by Andrzej Stefan View Post
      And what about Vista Ultimate and Edius 4.52 ? Working ?
      No, neither EDIUS Pro nor EDIUS Broadcast are compatible with any version of Windows Vista.

      Comment


      • #4
        Thanks for response. I'm just starting to build a new edit station - PC with 2 quad core XEONs (3,0 Ghz) , 5 TB SATA II in raid 0, ATI 2900 XT, 8 Gb DDR II RAM and Edius NX Express. I think Multibridge Eclipse Pro could be an easy and rather cheap way to have HD - SDI (dual link) with 2 K transfer. I should be ready in the middle of November so I would share my experience then.

        Andrzej

        Comment


        • #5
          Andrzej, Intel will be releasing the 45nm versions of newer Penryn architecture Xeon processors...I think after november the older Clovertowns and Wood crests will drop in price dramatically. I think it's worth a wait, if you can. You can probably grab the newer processors for the same price as the old ones.

          I was going to build a high end PC as well, but I opted for the Mac Pro because the price came out to be the same for me.

          Comment


          • #6
            Stormdave, I would like to wait for the new ones but I am in a hurry, working on a very big project for World EXPO 2008 Exhibition in Zaragozza (Spain).
            I have HD projection on 3 screens (12 meters each) with simultanous action, so spectators would have to look almost around them.
            I'm just after shooting with 3 HDCAM 900R's and now I must edit the material for all screens. That's why I need new PC station as soon as possible.

            Andrzej

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by STORMDAVE View Post
              Andrzej, Intel will be releasing the 45nm versions of newer Penryn architecture Xeon processors...I think after november the older Clovertowns and Wood crests will drop in price dramatically. I think it's worth a wait, if you can. You can probably grab the newer processors for the same price as the old ones.

              I was going to build a high end PC as well, but I opted for the Mac Pro because the price came out to be the same for me.
              Yeah Dave,
              The Stokely Seaburg motherboards will be out....thats when the mac gets to use new video cards rather than the 3 year old models that they use now.
              I'm looking forward to those new mobos. Some surprising things have already been mentioned in released tests.
              Jerry
              Six Gill DV
              www.sgdvtutorials.com
              If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

              Vistitle YouTube Channel
              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

              Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
              http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf


              Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
              Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

              Comment


              • #8
                Hey Jerry Hatfield, a question for you.

                I'm thinking of buying a PC system with Core 2 Extreme. I see you list a similar system that I want to buy...How does your system worked out? I will be using it to edit P2 DVCproHD files. IS the system sufficient enough to handle HDs? I prefer the dual xeon systems but it's still a bit above my budget. So, your thoughts and recommendations from your experiences will be appreciated.

                Thanks.

                Samuel M. Lee

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by gpedirect View Post
                  Hey Jerry Hatfield, a question for you.

                  I'm thinking of buying a PC system with Core 2 Extreme. I see you list a similar system that I want to buy...How does your system worked out? I will be using it to edit P2 DVCproHD files. IS the system sufficient enough to handle HDs? I prefer the dual xeon systems but it's still a bit above my budget. So, your thoughts and recommendations from your experiences will be appreciated.

                  Thanks.

                  Samuel M. Lee
                  For DVCPROHD, it will cut like butter. I do most of my editing with 8bit uncompressed, Canopus Lossless, and Decklink MJPEG files in 1920x1080. I get great RT when in normal 1440x1080 mode. It gets yanked out with the uncompressed files. But for DVCPROHD, it will smoke.

                  The Extreme series now has: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...Core+2+Extreme

                  My other chip would work great for you as well. It is the Q6600 2.4($279 at newegg) that I overclock to 3.0. It works great on my decklink box. The price is right to.
                  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...me=Core+2+Quad

                  I hope this helps a little. If you go the extreme route you will be coughing up big bucks. The best bang for the buck is the Q6600.
                  I paid the big price when it first came out 2 years ago. That being said, due to most of the software just using 2 processors, the Extreme walks all over the Q6600 in practically everything, except AE CS3. You can tell it to use multiple processors.
                  When the Stoakley Seaburg motherboards start showing up, I will be taking notice.
                  Jerry
                  Six Gill DV
                  www.sgdvtutorials.com
                  If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

                  Vistitle YouTube Channel
                  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

                  Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
                  http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf


                  Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
                  Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Thanks Jerry. Your infos help alot. Sorry, another question...does the decklink card work with P2 MXF files to give you real time editing and output to monitor on precmiere cs3?

                    Thanks again.

                    Samuel M. Lee

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by gpedirect View Post
                      Thanks Jerry. Your infos help alot. Sorry, another question...does the decklink card work with P2 MXF files to give you real time editing and output to monitor on precmiere cs3?

                      Thanks again.

                      Samuel M. Lee
                      I don't know if this will help but take a look.
                      http://www.adobe.com/products/premie...ormatguide.pdf

                      I would contact decklink just to be sure. I believe that has a lot to do with your computer. As far as I understand, at least on PC, it does not accelerate but merely provides capture and output. It says it will do Premiere effects in RT and on Mac the Final Cut effects in RT.
                      Jerry
                      Six Gill DV
                      www.sgdvtutorials.com
                      If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

                      Vistitle YouTube Channel
                      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

                      Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
                      http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf


                      Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
                      Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Ahem...might want to take this offline, if you're going to talk Decklink+Prem/FCP.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by STORMDAVE View Post
                          I will be buying a Multibridge Pro and put it in my Mac Pro alongside of NX. I should be able to get it within a few months, so I think I'll be the first test dummy to do this :)
                          Dave,

                          If you do that you would use all your slots on the MacPro, so what do you do for storage. The multibridge needs lots of storage for it's higher end work. I like the idea of the MX and a multibridge card as well but it wont fit with my raid tower and scusi card.

                          A great solution would be for GV/Canopus to come out with a PCIe version of the Multibridge express with a Canopus HQ codec chip (like Pegasis) built-in, in a smart external box with all the electronics out of the PC/MAC and with HDMI/analog/SDI I/O's. This would be the next generation card/box..... really their next REXRTPro. They could even make drivers for Adobe and FCP. I reckon most of those users would jump to Edius anyway after a while.

                          Jim

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Pegasus certainly represents the beginning of things. I don't, however, imagine that we'll be coming out with specially-coded plug-ins/drivers for other NLEs. Platform-agnostic support (in terms of future 'Canopus' hardware) would likely only ever come from standards-based PC hardware I/O architecture. In other words, our ADVC boxes, and ADVC mode-supported edit boards.

                            Last time I checked, Canopus HQ was not part of any computing standard...ergo it's likely to remain proprietary-based. Software-wise, Canopus HQ can plug into any NLE (with a qualitfying 'dongle' product for encoding), aside from FCP. Hardware-wise, you'll either need to write your own application, or it'll be handled by a proprietary-developed application - be it separate from, or built into EDIUS..

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Jim N View Post
                              Dave,

                              If you do that you would use all your slots on the MacPro, so what do you do for storage. The multibridge needs lots of storage for it's higher end work. I like the idea of the MX and a multibridge card as well but it wont fit with my raid tower and scusi card.

                              A great solution would be for GV/Canopus to come out with a PCIe version of the Multibridge express with a Canopus HQ codec chip (like Pegasis) built-in, in a smart external box with all the electronics out of the PC/MAC and with HDMI/analog/SDI I/O's. This would be the next generation card/box..... really their next REXRTPro. They could even make drivers for Adobe and FCP. I reckon most of those users would jump to Edius anyway after a while.

                              Jim
                              I know...I was thinking of running one of the onboard SATA ports through one of the exit holes on the back and using an eSATA bracket or something.

                              I plan to use eSATA RAID5 in the future...Wish the NX was just 1 PCIe card, but oh well.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X