It is what you want to do?
    Attached Files
    Steve

Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
    EDIUS support and Downloads

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_SL View Post
      It is what you want to do?
      Hi Steve, yes exactly (only with the whole thing much smaller on the sky/ landscape shot at the vineyard.) How did you do this?
      cheers!
      Rod
      Rod Pike

www.voxvideoproductions.co.nz
      A set of high quality paint brushes don't make you Rembrandt!

Windows7-Edius 6.55-HDspark-VISTITLE v2.5.TMPGenc 5.vitascene v2-mercalli V2-Respeedr v1-Intel core i7 4770 8mb quad core processor-Asus Gryphon Z87 mobo- 16Gb ram-1 x samsung 256gb SSD 840 pro sata-2xWD 1tb sata caviar blue in raid 0-ASUS gtx 760 overclocked 2gb graphics card. Asus DRW 24 DVDRW DVD player-Cameras:Panasonic AC160A and AF102. and an 8kg cat who sleeps on my desk all day.

Comment

30 seconds (actually faster)
        With the compliments of luminance key. :)

Key attached unzip and import in your effects palette
        Attached Files
        Last edited by GrassValley_SL; 05-05-2014, 10:25 PM.
        Steve

Comment

30 seconds
          What was the method/layout ? I can get a sort of similar effect but there is a bit of white edging left around the small strapline text. I have no idea how to use the luminance key to get this effect cleanly- enlightment is welcome! Ta!
          Rod
          Rod Pike

Windows7-Edius 6.55-HDspark-VISTITLE v2.5.TMPGenc 5.vitascene v2-mercalli V2-Respeedr v1-Intel core i7 4770 8mb quad core processor-Asus Gryphon Z87 mobo- 16Gb ram-1 x samsung 256gb SSD 840 pro sata-2xWD 1tb sata caviar blue in raid 0-ASUS gtx 760 overclocked 2gb graphics card. Asus DRW 24 DVDRW DVD player-Cameras:Panasonic AC160A and AF102. and an 8kg cat who sleeps on my desk all day.

Comment

please download the attached effect in the previous post (updated since you quoted)
            Unzip , import in your effects palette.
            apply it to the logo and open it and you can see what I have done. You have to adjust the slope and ranges.
            Steve

Comment

30 seconds (actually faster)

Key attached unzip and import in your effects palette
              Overlapped your reply Steve, thanks so much .
              Cheers!
              Rod
              Rod Pike

Comment

same thing scaled down.
                Attached Files
                1: 3970X Threadripper, Asus ROG Strix TR40 E Gaming, G. Skill Trident Z Neo 128G DDR4 3600, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1T, Intel 660P M.2 2T (2), Seagate Ironwolf NAS 12T, Enermax TR4 360 AIO, Lian Li 011 DXL, AJA Kona 4, Asus ROG Thor 1200

2: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64G DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512G, GeForce GTX 1080ti SC Black, Corsair AX1200i, Phanteks Luxe, 16T RAID HGST Deskstar NAS 4T, Corsair H115i AIO, BM IP 4K

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_PS View Post
                  same thing scaled down.
                  That's it Pat. Now I have some solutions. Thanks to all.
                  Rod
                  Rod Pike

Comment

Hi guys,

Sorry if I revive an old post. I'm trying to accomplish the same task.
                    From what I see the logo overall background size must have exactly the same size as the above clip. I cannot resize the logo clip with the layouter: I will get the effect only on the logo background size. Am I correct?

This is what I get using a ship profile as logo and trying to resize the ship via layouter. Why the track below doesn't show up leaving that black part?

Should I use an image via the titler?
                    Attached Files
                    Edius 8.53 WG on Intel i9-9900K, Fractal design Celsius S24, ASRock Z390 Taichi, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4, 3GHz, Corsair RM850x, 1x500GB + 2x2TB Samsung EVO SSD, 10TB Toshiba HDD, MSI GTX 1660 6GB DDR5

Comment

are you able to see the correct result in EDIUS preview?

if yes, be sure you tick the combine filter layer setting

also, remember that you can crop top, bottom, left and right in layouter to reveal tracks below
                      Anton Strauss
                      Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
                        are you able to see the correct result in EDIUS preview?

if yes, be sure you tick the combine filter layer setting

also, remember that you can crop top, bottom, left and right in layouter to reveal tracks below
                        Hi Anton,
                        Yes I have that control checked.

I was trying again and I just realized that If I tick "rectangle enabled" on the luminace key filter everything goes as expected :)
                        I don't get the meaning at 100% but "it just works" TM

Thank you
                        Attached Files
                        Edius 8.53 WG on Intel i9-9900K, Fractal design Celsius S24, ASRock Z390 Taichi, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4, 3GHz, Corsair RM850x, 1x500GB + 2x2TB Samsung EVO SSD, 10TB Toshiba HDD, MSI GTX 1660 6GB DDR5

Comment

sorry, I had no idea you were using the luminance filter because you mentioned layouter
                          Anton Strauss
                          Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

If you have access to Photoshop or something similar, I would use that to prepare your image. Doing this makes life much easier within the NLE.
                            What you want to do is create an alpha logo. Once you have the alpha logo you import that into Edius and place it above your background. You now can resize the logo with layouter without restrictions.

Place this file above your background and resize it with layouter.
                            Ship logo.png

You can even add a drop shadow with layout at this point.
                            Last edited by Jerry; 12-11-2015, 02:21 AM.
                            Jerry
                            Six Gill DV
                            www.sgdvtutorials.com
                            If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
                            https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
                            http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
                            Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
                              If you have access to Photoshop or something similar, I would use that to prepare your image. Doing this makes life much easier within the NLE.
                              What you want to do is create an alpha logo. Once you have the alpha logo you import that into Edius and place it above your background. You now can resize the logo with layouter without restrictions.

[ATTACH]14596[/ATTACH]

Thank you Jerry!

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post

[ATTACH]14596[/ATTACH]

I read all the "30 second solutions" with the feeling this was "because I can" rather than a real world solution. Like Jerry, Photoshop (or similar) - no brainer!
                                Quick to achieve and you then have an alpha channel logo on a full size BG that can be re-sized if required within the edit - name straps etc. AND (for me) it just works.

Comment

Working...
                                X