what about compression?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what about compression?

Dear friends,I have a 1280x720 60p footage.my project is 22min and after exporting is about 1,5GB.I export it mpeg2 programme stream at 10m bps.Is there a way to convert it to anything...(mov,mp4 and so on) so it will be less than 500mb but still keep the nice quality? I only have edius and handbrake.unfortunatelly no tw5 or later version of edius.
    any idea?While converting it to something smaller in bit rate shall I add any filter in the video,any sharpness or contrast so the new export is better ?
    thank you
    I5 4690 CPU
    MOTHERBORAD GIGABYTE GA-Z97-HD3
    RAM 8GB [email protected]
    AMD RADEON HD 6800
    2X2TB WD CAVIAR BLACK (RAID 1)
    2X2TB WD CAVIAR GREEN (BACKUP)
    1 OCZ SSD 128GB
    Windows 7
    Edius 9&8 Workgroup

22 minute video and around 500 mb ? You may try Windows Media Video in 8 mbps. There will be slight negative difference in quality, but give it a try may be you'll like it.

Comment

22 minutes at 500 MB (mega-bytes) is about 3 megabits/second. (3,030 kb/s).

Not much to work with, but give WMV a try.

Comment

I will.......and will see :-)
        thanks
        I5 4690 CPU
        MOTHERBORAD GIGABYTE GA-Z97-HD3
        RAM 8GB [email protected]
        AMD RADEON HD 6800
        2X2TB WD CAVIAR BLACK (RAID 1)
        2X2TB WD CAVIAR GREEN (BACKUP)
        1 OCZ SSD 128GB
        Windows 7
        Edius 9&8 Workgroup

Comment

Some encoders may not recognise and compress the higher frame rates, YouTube has problems doing this. In that case, these encoders will output to the standard frame rates, 50 to 25 etc.

Just use your Edius master output direct in handbrake. This will look great, and may even do the higher framerates.

"There's only one thing more powerful than knowledge. The free sharing of it"

If you don't know the difference between Azimuth and Asimov, then either your tapes sound bad and your Robot is very dangerous. Kill all humans...... Or your tape deck won't harm a human, and your Robot's tracking and stereo imagining is spot on.

Is your Robot three laws safe?

Comment

Working...
          X