capturing issue...CANOPUS DV (HW)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• capturing issue...CANOPUS DV (HW)

ok what is the difference between the Canopus DV codec and the Canopus DV (hw) codec?

Edius 6.0 it only allows Canopus DV (hw) codec for SD capture, but on the older versions it used Canopus DV codec

here is the problem I am running in to

I am using the ADVC500

for a test I ran the fire wire out of the ADVC500 directly into a DVD recorder and recorded a DVD and pic was fine

but...when I run that same fire wire into my computer and capture with Edius 6 it only allows me to use Canopus DV (hw) and there is alot of noise in the picture and distortion like the pixels aren't the same?

I never noticed this in the past when I captured just using the Canopus DV codec so I'm assuming its the newer codec Canopus DV (hw) that is causing the issue since I ran fire wire directly into my DVD recorder and it worked great!

thanks

J

My guess is that the DVD recorder was doing some image processing to effectively clean-up the data stream, e.g., noise filtering, before it recorded this to the DVD. What would depend on the specifics o the DVD recorder. (The down sampling and conversion of the 25 mbps DV stream to the no-more-than 8 mbps DVD stream would in its self provide some filtering.)

E6 is showing the unprocessed data stream captured from the ADVC. (The reason being you would select the filtration you want to use in the NLE.) The output stream from the ADVC would probably be the same whether connected to the DVD recorder or the NLE. The CODEC ID of a capture file is assigned by the capture software, and may or may not match the actual CODEC used.

Comment

Originally posted by dpalomaki View Post
      My guess is that the DVD recorder was doing some image processing to effectively clean-up the data stream, e.g., noise filtering, before it recorded this to the DVD. What would depend on the specifics o the DVD recorder. (The down sampling and conversion of the 25 mbps DV stream to the no-more-than 8 mbps DVD stream would in its self provide some filtering.)

E6 is showing the unprocessed data stream captured from the ADVC. (The reason being you would select the filtration you want to use in the NLE.) The output stream from the ADVC would probably be the same whether connected to the DVD recorder or the NLE. The CODEC ID of a capture file is assigned by the capture software, and may or may not match the actual CODEC used.

thanks for your response, but I also have an hd storm card and when I use this, there is no such problems

also what is the difference between canopus dv and canopus dv (hw)

thanks

Comment

anyone? have any more info on this?

thanks

J

Comment

if you are using 6.0 it is strongly recommended to apply update 6.08

there were many problems with 6.0

also, what is your PC? if Win7, you need to use the legacy firewire driver in order to capture from ADVC
          Anton Strauss
          Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

yes I have updated to 6.08 and am using windows xp

anyone know the difference between the two codecs??

thanks

J

Comment

Originally posted by nostalgia View Post
              yes I have updated to 6.08 and am using windows xp

anyone know the difference between the two codecs??

thanks

J

I have been using EDIUS since EDIUS2 and have never experienced Canopus DV (hw)

I only know Canopus DV and Canopus DV MSDV

when MSDV is ticked, the DV file can be used by any MAC or Windows users in any edit software

when MSDV is not ticked, the file can only be used by someone with EDIUS or ProCoder
              Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

well this is screen shot of only options it gives me?

I just want Canopus DV but it is not an option

J

Comment

I have never seen this in any version of EDIUS and used every one, maybe it is only seen when an ADVC is connected? I never used an ADVC

where on your PC is the firewire connected? mobo DV connector? third party firewire card?

also, you have the DVCPRO 50 option, this would produce much better quality than DV, even better than Canopus DV, try it
                  Anton Strauss

Comment

Anton
                    The (HW) has been there since 6.5 when setting up a capture preset for SD
                    Had not taken much notice as all my editing is now in HD
                    Barry
                    Win 10HP, EDIUS WG9.4, HD Spark, Boris RED 5, VMW6, Authorworks 6, Bluff Titler, VisTitler 2.8, NEAT 3/4, Mercalli 2/4, Vitascene, Izotope RX6 Plugin, NewBlue, Trend Micro AV
                    GB GA-X58A-UD3R MB, i7 [email protected], 12G 1600mhz Mem, Samsung EVO-250G SSD, 3x2T RAID, GTX 970W OC, 2x24 inch LG Monitors
                    Canon XH-A1/ Canon HF-G30, GoPro Hero3 Black, Edit @1920 50p HQ preset

https://vimeo.com/user2157719/videos
                    Laptop ASUS G752VT-GC060T Win 10HP, Edius WG8.53 Samsung M2 SSD 256G+1Tb HD,

Comment

ahahhhh, it is presented different in my case due to the EDIUS SP hardware

in my case it is called DV

so now, what does DV (HW) stand for?
                      Attached Files
                      Anton Strauss

Comment

Working...
                      X