loss of sync when making a lossless HD file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• loss of sync when making a lossless HD file

I wanted to find out what a seven minute long edited Canopus HQ file looked like and exported it to Canopus lossless avi. It played well but the audio was way out of sync.

I have seen a comment of that some time ago but have not been able to find it.

Does anybody have any comment on the problem with lost sync?
    Peter
    Skanoer, Sweden

Edius Pro 8, Imaginate 2, Intel i7 950 , 12GB DDR3, 5 TB, Windows Pro 10 Creative, 64bit, Encore CS5

Is the audio out of sync if the new Lossless file is then brought onto the timeline and played out within EDIUS?

Comment

Kennely,
      You are right. When I brought it back into Edius it plays perfectly fine with perfect sync! The loss of sync came when I played it in Windows Media Player.
      I wonder what the reason is?
      Peter
      Skanoer, Sweden

Edius Pro 8, Imaginate 2, Intel i7 950 , 12GB DDR3, 5 TB, Windows Pro 10 Creative, 64bit, Encore CS5

Comment

What was the source audio format on the Edius timeline? Was your project set to 48Khz and your file was 44Khz? This shouldn't matter much, but trying to pin point the problem.

Also you might have some extra audio codecs causing the issue...

Comment

WMP isn't exactly the best means for testing sync of a clip.

Remember that the lossless codec is very resource demanding when decoding, particularly in HD. I'd test a variety of media players (VLC is my preferred player).

Comment

OK KH and thanks for info.
            Will look for the VLC player - whatever that is.
            Stormdave, I used wav 48KHz 16 bits.
            Peter
            Skanoer, Sweden

Comment

Working...
            X