replied
    Originally posted by Bluetongue View Post
    Go into Hardware Settings
    Select "Video Overlay Settings" in Generic HDV Settings
    Change Video display type from Direct Draw to Direct3D9
    Do the same in Generic OHCI settings
    Made a huge difference for me
    Regards Barry
    I tried changing my display type from Direct Draw to Direct3D9. This caused my project to crash. Each time I opened the project, it crashed. Fortunately, I had a exact backup of the project. I copied the project file (EZP) from the backup to my editing machine, this stopped the crashes.

Leave a comment:

• Jason Ramsey
    replied
    I consider that as more of a workaround though. It worked fine in previous 4.x builds, it doesn't (for me) now. Only the version of EDIUS has changed.

At any rate, I fixed the issue with the audio mixer by updating my nvidia drivers using some modded drivers.

There still remain other issues with realtime that are unaffected by the audio mixers status. Namely titlemotion pro realtime... but I wait until the bugs with that are fixed before making any further assumptions.

the plain and simple is that there are some situations that have caused realtime performance to be hindered in 4.5x and beyond that did not exist in prior builds. Likely due to certain video cards (and/or their drivers) not being as compatible with the newer overlay that is used.

Leave a comment:

• tuyle
    replied
    Any issue with realtime performance with version 4.51c & 4.52 (RED line on top of the timeline), special the multi-layers (Keyers 3D PIP) - just "close your audio mixer" (View - Audio Mixer) as pjsssss posted.

tuyle
    --------
    Originally posted by Jason Ramsey View Post
    Yes, but if you are like me, my audio mixer did not affect real time performance in prior versions. I lost quite a bit of real time when upgrading to 4.5x.

I have since installed modded nVidia drivers for my laptop video card which did help some. My audio mixer no longer chokes out, and some other things work as they used to. But, I still have issues with Title Motion Pro, etc. But, until they get the bugs worked out I won't know if it is bug related or my video card not being able to handle the new overlay stuff.

Jason

Leave a comment:

• Jason Ramsey
    replied
    Yes, but if you are like me, my audio mixer did not affect real time performance in prior versions. I lost quite a bit of real time when upgrading to 4.5x.

I have since installed modded nVidia drivers for my laptop video card which did help some. My audio mixer no longer chokes out, and some other things work as they used to. But, I still have issues with Title Motion Pro, etc. But, until they get the bugs worked out I won't know if it is bug related or my video card not being able to handle the new overlay stuff.

Jason

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Thanks a lot! It was, in fact, the audio mixer.

Vladimir

Leave a comment:

• pjsssss
    replied
    Close your audio mixer if it is open.

Leave a comment:

• Bluetongue
    replied
    Go into Hardware Settings
    Select "Video Overlay Settings" in Generic HDV Settings
    Change Video display type from Direct Draw to Direct3D9
    Do the same in Generic OHCI settings
    Made a huge difference for me
    Regards Barry

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    make sure the project setting is HDCAM 1440x1080

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Edius 4.51 and 4.52 realtime performance

Edius 4.51 and 4.52 realtime performance

Hi all,

I seem to have lost realtime on my Edius installation since I upgraded to 4.51. This happens with a project created with Edius 4. The project settings match the clip settings (I think, and I have tried all permutations I could think of).

The footage is from Sony Z1, so it's 1440x1080 59.54i. I am getting 4-5 frames in the buffer with a single stream, and violent stuttering with any effect added. This is the same machine that gave me fine RT with Edius 4.

Am I the only one with this problem? Am I missing something painfully obvious? If this is a known issue, is there a fix for it?

Thanks in advance,
    Vladimir Gitlevich
Working...
X