Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going from video to still with pip cant place a transition?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GrassValley_BH
    replied
    Originally posted by Imagine Video View Post
    GV BH I am getting used to same track editing Im and A/B editor and its hard to shake the habit!!
    It is difficult to change defined habits (like me using the Shift key on the "wrong" side of the keyboard).
    I used to be an A/B editor. Now I just don't edit as much. :)

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Jerry - Now why did'nt I think of that!! works well just did not envisage it looking that good - even better if you use the MIXER and fade it in out !!

GV BH I am getting used to same track editing Im and A/B editor and its hard to shake the habit!!

Slowly Slowly Catchy Monkey..................

Cath
    If it is easier for you to do A B editing, just line everything up on the timeline as if you were using a and b. Then just add your transitions and such.
    Just an Idea.

Leave a comment:

• Imagine Video
    replied
    Jerry - Now why did'nt I think of that!! works well just did not envisage it looking that good - even better if you use the MIXER and fade it in out !!

Slowly Slowly Catchy Monkey..................

Cath

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_BH
    replied
    EDIUS has four types of effects:
    • Video/Audio Filters
      These are applied to audio and video clips in V, VA or A tracks.
    • Transitions
      Transitions can be applied either same-track (between two adjacent clips on the same track) or in the keyer line. When they are applied in the keyer line, they act as a length-adjustable keyer.
    • Keyers
      Unless they're transitions on the keyer line, keyers apply to the entire clip. Furthermore, some keyers cannot be combined with another keyer.
      The non-combinable keyers are: 3D Picture-in-Picture, all of the Blend keyers.
      Also, you cannot have both Chroma and Luminance key on the same clip (you can get around this by using a nested sequence).
    • Title mixers
      Title mixers are title effects that can only be placed on T tracks.
      Title mixers have a duration over the clip, just like transitions used in the keyer line.
    Same-track editing has become the current norm in most editors.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    As it says realy - I have video on the ti,e line EDIUS 4.5 and I want to emulate a camera flash and then go to a still frame with a white border.

Have video, Have the still camera flash can be done with explode with white additive in the transition - BUT when I try and combine the PIP filter to achieve my PIP with white border I can place the transition on?

I cant mix video filters with a transition???

Do I have to make pip first then export a new still frame then use transition?

Seems a bit longwinded to me?

Cath
    If you have purchased Vitascene, this effect is drag and drop.

Leave a comment:

• SRsupport
    replied
    Do the flash with a white color matte and the mixers.
    The color matt will be the on the top track above the Cut between the 2 clips.

Leave a comment:

• Going from video to still with pip cant place a transition?

As it says realy - I have video on the ti,e line EDIUS 4.5 and I want to emulate a camera flash and then go to a still frame with a white border.

Have video, Have the still camera flash can be done with explode with white additive in the transition - BUT when I try and combine the PIP filter to achieve my PIP with white border I can place the transition on?

I cant mix video filters with a transition???

Do I have to make pip first then export a new still frame then use transition?

Seems a bit longwinded to me?

Cath
Working...
X