Offline Project ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offline Project ?

I did some projects, then I erased everything in that folder with xp, but now I have offline icons in the start up dialog from edius, so how do I clean that dialogue ?
    A computer with a lot of stuff in it :)

Did you check the "remove ofline files from bin" or somewhere along those lins in the offline box?

That popup will always come up as long as your file is unavailable and loaded into the bin. If it is removed from the bin (they look like broken film icons) then you will stop getting that dialog box.

Comment

Hi, no it is not offline clips, but offline project icons, they are all greyed out, so I can´t choose them or remove them, it is where you choose your project for loading into edius

Comment

Ohh....in that case you can't do anything, besides fiddle with the registry, which I don't recommend at all.

Old projects will be removed once you start loading new ones, so don't worry about it that much.

Comment

disclaimer use at your own risk :)

We use the following method.

We made a shortcut on the desktop for this file CurrentSettings.esp
          Under this header is where the project list is

<currentsetting:ProjectMRUList>

Just remove the offline project. each will be between < > (look for all the ezp you know are offline)

save and when you restart EDIUS your offline projects are no more.

SR
          Last edited by SRsupport; 10-12-2007, 03:25 AM.
          Steve
          EDIUS Trainer, Grass Cutter Gold
          A proud EDIUS EDITOR
          For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

Removed the offline list from the file, worked perfectly, Thanks !!

Comment

Originally posted by SRsupport View Post

Just remove the offline project. each will be between < > (look for all the ezp you know are offline)

SR

You are such a bad boy Steve... No soup for you!!

Mike

Comment

Ok Ok ...but I put up a disclaimer. he he
                Steve
                A proud EDIUS EDITOR
                For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

Originally posted by SRsupport View Post

SR

sounds great, but how do I do that, and where do i find the <currentsetting:ProjectMRUList> I do agree it can be somewhat annoying sometimes to see all those greyed out projects, and since sometimes I have more than 6 or 7 projects working on with similar names, it helps in the selection of the correct file, especially when clients are around

Comment

If you read my first post in this thread, which you quoted, it is clearly written.????

But If you don get it I think it is better not to mess with that file.

Steve
                    Last edited by SRsupport; 05-04-2008, 07:14 PM.
                    Steve
                    A proud EDIUS EDITOR

Comment

Is this a folder you created, or is this an exsisting folder that you made the short cut for, that is what I really wanted to ask, .....if this is a seperate folder that was created, thats no problem here, but if it is an exsisting folder, where is it located...and yes, I read the disclaimer...I am aware that this is entirely at MY OWN risk......

Comment

Folders??????

No folders are created.

do a search for this file CurrentSettings.esp

open that file and look where : <currentsetting:ProjectMRUList> is written/typed.

Then:

You don't create folders.

Steve
                        Steve
                        A proud EDIUS EDITOR

Comment

Hi, did the search, found it...thanks...had to do a lil something to find it, but I did....thanks

Comment

If you want to use it often just put a shortcut to it on the taskbar, menu or desktop. :)

Steve
                            Last edited by SRsupport; 05-04-2008, 10:38 PM.
                            Steve
                            A proud EDIUS EDITOR

Comment

Thanks, did that already, from he time it appeared, I created a shortcut to the desktop,.now I can do just like you....LOL makes my life easier.....thats what this forum is about...each one teach one.....thanks again

Comment

Working...
                              X