HD timeline to SD DVD - pretty bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Khoi Pham View Post
    I bet that you probably have gain on when you don't have to and your f-stop is above 5.6, cuz it shouldn't be that noisy for an outdoor scene with plenty of light like that.
    Khoi,

Gain was at 0db and F-stop was 4.0.
    Windows 10 Pro. Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming mainboard, Intel i7-8700K processor, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Radeon R9 270 2GB DDR5 Graphics.
    Samsung SSD Drives for system and mixture of SSD and 7200 SATA for video storage.

Edius 9.50. Blackmagic Intensity Pro 4k
    Dublin, Ireland. PAL.

Comment

To be honest, I'm starting to cheer up. Looks like it was all camera operator (mine) fault.

An Edius question, as I'm worried they might close this thread: I presume to capture and work with HQ in "Fine" mode, I change it in Settings -> Hardware Settings -> Generic HDV settings -> Canopus HQ Codec?

Thanks
      Windows 10 Pro. Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming mainboard, Intel i7-8700K processor, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Radeon R9 270 2GB DDR5 Graphics.
      Samsung SSD Drives for system and mixture of SSD and 7200 SATA for video storage.

Dublin, Ireland. PAL.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin_Gleeson View Post
        To be honest, I'm starting to cheer up. Looks like it was all camera operator (mine) fault.

An Edius question, as I'm worried they might close this thread: I presume to capture and work with HQ in "Fine" mode, I change it in Settings -> Hardware Settings -> Generic HDV settings -> Canopus HQ Codec?

Thanks

That's GREAT! I have to agree spending so much money on equipment only to be disappointed is one of the worst feeling.

I'm not sure about the HQ quality setting as I'm capturing M2T 1080i and converting to HQ 480p with PC3 which looks better than an DV 16:9 cam.

...Angelo
        Canopus/GV: DVStorm2 w/component-out board, ADVC300, Edius 4.61, ProCoder 3.05, Imaginate2
        System: MSI B75A-G43 (v2.0), i7-3770K, 4GB, HD6850, Pyro1394 pci-e, 6 Disks 2.4TB non-raid, Win7-32bit, Dell 24" & 19" LCD

Comment

Originally posted by Angelo View Post
          But there are many other forums to discus these matters not here as the thread will get shut down.
          Correct. Consider this the first and only warning.

Comment

Well, on a Canopus Edius subject: I captured at Canopus HQ Standard and Canopus HQ Fine. There was absolutely no difference in quality. I also captured an m2t file. No difference in quality between this an the HQ files.

Dublin, Ireland. PAL.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin_Gleeson View Post
              Well, on a Canopus Edius subject: I captured at Canopus HQ Standard and Canopus HQ Fine. There was absolutely no difference in quality. I also captured an m2t file. No difference in quality between this an the HQ files.
              Good to know that GV HQ codec is performing perfectly and sounds like camcorder setup issue, reading the past posts.

...Angelo
              Canopus/GV: DVStorm2 w/component-out board, ADVC300, Edius 4.61, ProCoder 3.05, Imaginate2
              System: MSI B75A-G43 (v2.0), i7-3770K, 4GB, HD6850, Pyro1394 pci-e, 6 Disks 2.4TB non-raid, Win7-32bit, Dell 24" & 19" LCD

Comment

Working...
              X