Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
    Are these both on the same system?
    No, only ver.7...I learnt that only one instance of Edius should on the same PC the had way......but that was possible with older versions...v3, 4, 5.....but from 6, that caused plenty issues....

Edius just freezes, sometimes locks up the PC, but usually just Edius becomes unresponsive for some time, and sometimes there is a white border around the modules, or the whole UI turns white, and I have to use the task manager to restart.....It is really frustrating....and I have also found from the time GV took over Edius, that auto save is a total waste....I forgot to manually save over 30 mins of work, and after a lock up and restart, I had to do it all over again....

Comment

Have you used the same installation of Windows 7 on both Edius 6.5 and 7?
      Jerry
      Six Gill DV
      www.sgdvtutorials.com
      If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
      http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
      Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
        Have you used the same installation of Windows 7 on both Edius 6.5 and 7?
        Yes, I uninstalled Edius 6.5, cleaned out the registry, deleted all folders associated with GV, then did a full installation of Edius 7.....but I had the same problem with 6.55.....then the activation started giving problems, and out of frustration with the activation, I went for ver.7....but both would freeze now and then, and sometimes very often a day.....ver.7 does that many time per hour....this is NOT good

Comment

Based on your description, I would do a clean install of Win 7. Get it updated, add current drivers and set up as you like it. Before adding programs, make a clone of the drive.
          Now, add your editing programs. I usually reboot after each item installed. Yes, this is old school but it does seat the program properly.
          After everything is installed and working, make a second clone.

I know you're going to say this too time consuming and not needed. That's your choice.
          But, if you've been freezing in both programs then it is something deeper than Edius. This is going to continue unless something changes.

I always start with a clean OS. That is why you make the first clone. It gives you a clean OS for new versions. from which to start.
          Jerry
          Six Gill DV
          www.sgdvtutorials.com

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
          Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Originally posted by Alade. View Post
            It is really frustrating....and I have also found from the time GV took over Edius, that auto save is a total waste....I forgot to manually save over 30 mins of work, and after a lock up and restart, I had to do it all over again....
            I have mentioned the correct method in case of crash many times:

1. never click to load the auto recovery file, it is broken, you may lose all work done in the last few hours

2. instead, use window explorer and copy the newest Autosave file to the root and remove the read only attribute

3. start EDIUS and load that file and then choose save as, and save over the top of the crashed file name

4. the most you lost is 3min

EDIUS7 to 7.51 are 64bit and computer spec is very important to avoid white windows, also, if a window turns white and you wait a few min, it may work again
            Anton Strauss
            Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Yes, after the window turns white, if I leave it for a long time, it works again.....but why does this happen....and why should I wipe a drive, reformat and reload my OS just to get a program to work, ...I prefer to use another program that will work properly after install....I just don't know what GV has done to Edius, but like I mentioned before, it never used to happen in earlier versions....

Comment

EDIUS7 and later is an almost dead dog on a mechanical C drive

be sure to use SSD with Sata 6G connection and you will never complain again
                Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Yes, after the window turns white, if I leave it for a long time, it works again.....but why does this happen....and why should I wipe a drive, reformat and reload my OS just to get a program to work, ...I prefer to use another program that will work properly after install....I just don't know what GV has done to Edius, but like I mentioned before, it never used to happen in earlier versions....
                  The White screen could be indicative of an under powered system. Could you post your system specs, please.
                  Jerry
                  Six Gill DV
                  www.sgdvtutorials.com

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Comment

I had the same problem when my SSD was failing, could be similar or as Anton said HDD may be slow

Barry
                    Win 10HP, EDIUS WG9.4, HD Spark, Boris RED 5, VMW6, Authorworks 6, Bluff Titler, VisTitler 2.8, NEAT 3/4, Mercalli 2/4, Vitascene, Izotope RX6 Plugin, NewBlue, Trend Micro AV
                    GB GA-X58A-UD3R MB, i7 [email protected], 12G 1600mhz Mem, Samsung EVO-250G SSD, 3x2T RAID, GTX 970W OC, 2x24 inch LG Monitors
                    Canon XH-A1/ Canon HF-G30, GoPro Hero3 Black, Edit @1920 50p HQ preset

https://vimeo.com/user2157719/videos
                    Laptop ASUS G752VT-GC060T Win 10HP, Edius WG8.53 Samsung M2 SSD 256G+1Tb HD,

Comment

So, Anton, you are saying that a regular HD is no longer suitable for Edius 7+?.....That is sad....that means I have to buy a SSD just to get a good running Edius....

Comment

So, Anton, you are saying that a regular HD is no longer suitable for Edius 7+?.....That is sad....that means I have to buy a SSD just to get a good running Edius....
                        buy yourself an SSD that is the same size or larger and clone the drive

remove the old drive and connect the SSD to a Sata6 port

if your PC does not have a Sata6 port, replace mobo or PC

you will not regret it, 7.51 is very fast and rock stable

if you like, go to EDIUS help menu and generate a system report and attach it here, I will be able to see all your hardware components and recommend poissible other causes
                        Anton Strauss

Comment

I am not sure why you continually want to take advice on this and see it negatively? He is not saying you need a SSD drive for it to work. Almost everyone originally used mechanical drives with EDIUS 7. Also you seem to want to blame EDIUS 7 as a problem. Once again let's be logical. Tens of thousands of people have used it fine, so that would seem to point to something unique on your end.

I am sure Anton suggested a SSD drive because some of your problems are consistent with a failing drive. And personally I think any new hard drive should be an SSD drive.

I also think it is possible that something happened in your registry, whether it was a spontaneous action, or you deleted something you should not have.

At this point, if you really want to give yourself the best chance of solving this, I HIGHLY suggest that you get a new hard drive (SSD or not, your choice), install a fresh copy of your OS (I like Win 10, but 7 is also good) and reinstall things from there.
                          1: 3970X Threadripper, Asus ROG Strix TR40 E Gaming, G. Skill Trident Z Neo 128G DDR4 3600, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1T, Intel 660P M.2 2T (2), Seagate Ironwolf NAS 12T, Enermax TR4 360 AIO, Lian Li 011 DXL, AJA Kona 4, Asus ROG Thor 1200

2: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64G DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512G, GeForce GTX 1080ti SC Black, Corsair AX1200i, Phanteks Luxe, 16T RAID HGST Deskstar NAS 4T, Corsair H115i AIO, BM IP 4K

Comment

But this is a new Drive...This system is less than a year old, and everything I do so far, I get the same problem, and on another PC, after I updated to Edius 6, I start getting that problem every now and then....not very often, but the new system is having the most issues....Someone suggested using a more powerful power supply, I will try that.....Can not remember the rating on the PS.....

Comment

If the system is less than a year old it should have been built with an SSD as the system drive.
                              I'm asking again, could you please post all of your system specs, including power supply wattage and rating. This will be bronze, gold, or platinum.

Did you build the system?
                              If so, did you let Windows install the drivers or did you install the drivers from the manufacturer?

More information will help in diagnosing your problem.
                              Jerry
                              Six Gill DV
                              www.sgdvtutorials.com

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Comment

also, what CPU cooling do you use since you are in a very warm location

attaching system report would be simplest
                                Anton Strauss

Comment

Working...
                                X