Edius and Panasonic AJ-250E issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edius and Panasonic AJ-250E issues

Is there anyone using the Panasonic AJ-250E deck with Edius? I always have problems capturing DVCPRO25 with those decks...Most of the times the decks are not recognized from Edius... I have to make clear that I have tried 3 different decks on different systems with different canopus boards (NX, SP) and most of the times I get problems...Are there any settings in those decks that might need to change?

I have spoken with the Panasonic dealer in my area but I just got an answer that I cannot accept...He just said that those decks are not compatible with Canopus products...

Any help will be appreciated
    Thank you in advance
    Aristotelis Bafaloukos
    Systems Engineer, Video Editor, 3D Artist
    BEng (Hons), MSc, MBCS

Ctrl+Alt+Delete

I'm curious - how do they go if just hooked up to a regular FireWire port, rather than the NX/SP board?

Comment

Using a regural firewire the problem remains the same, the deck is recognized by windows but nothing happens in Edius nor in DVcapture...I installed an Avid Express in one of my test systems and I had no problems capturing there...It is really weird...I never had that kind of problem before...
      Aristotelis Bafaloukos
      Systems Engineer, Video Editor, 3D Artist
      BEng (Hons), MSc, MBCS

Ctrl+Alt+Delete

Comment

I re-read the original post - DVCPRO 25 you say? I'm not 100% sure on the level of support for DVCPRO 25. Catches do exist, but I don't know the full extent (I would not have thought it would be on a communication level).

Comment

You may want to check the settings of the deck.

Most of the newer DVCPRO decks either have native "send as DV" support or have a firmware update that allows that.

Essentially it allows the deck to play out as DV data. I don't think it allows receiving DV format though.

Comment

Working...
          X