how to lock tracks from accidental changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to lock tracks from accidental changes

Hi all, v6.08- I vaguely recall being able to completely lock tracks in v4.5, so that nothing could be accidentally changed without unlocking the track. Can this still be done in 6.08? I recall a padlock symbol on the left and I don't see it anywhere on 6.08. (I can get clumsy when editing and it would protect me from er--me!)

Cheers!
    Rod
    Rod Pike

www.voxvideoproductions.co.nz
    A set of high quality paint brushes don't make you Rembrandt!

Windows7-Edius 6.55-HDspark-VISTITLE v2.5.TMPGenc 5.vitascene v2-mercalli V2-Respeedr v1-Intel core i7 4770 8mb quad core processor-Asus Gryphon Z87 mobo- 16Gb ram-1 x samsung 256gb SSD 840 pro sata-2xWD 1tb sata caviar blue in raid 0-ASUS gtx 760 overclocked 2gb graphics card. Asus DRW 24 DVDRW DVD player-Cameras:Panasonic AC160A and AF102. and an 8kg cat who sleeps on my desk all day.

right click the sync button and choose track lock or unlock

it is not the place where one would expect it :)
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

thankyou Anton, you are an officer and a gentleman!
      Cheers!
      Rod
      Rod Pike

Windows7-Edius 6.55-HDspark-VISTITLE v2.5.TMPGenc 5.vitascene v2-mercalli V2-Respeedr v1-Intel core i7 4770 8mb quad core processor-Asus Gryphon Z87 mobo- 16Gb ram-1 x samsung 256gb SSD 840 pro sata-2xWD 1tb sata caviar blue in raid 0-ASUS gtx 760 overclocked 2gb graphics card. Asus DRW 24 DVDRW DVD player-Cameras:Panasonic AC160A and AF102. and an 8kg cat who sleeps on my desk all day.

Comment

...you are an officer and a gentleman!
        and his good looks are exceeded only by his intelligence and generosity
        and he is an inpar judge of wine, women, and horse flesh!

Comment

ROFLMAO :D
          You may have been qualified for a free beer?
          Andreas Gumm
          post production / authoring
          PC 1Intel Core i7-970 (6 x 3.20 GHz),
          ASUS P6T Deluxe V2, 12 GB RAM, Geforce 9800GT
          Windows 7 Ultimate,
          GV software: EDIUS 7.42, VisTitle v2.5,
          GV hardware: 3G Storm
          software SONY DoStudio Indie + EX 4.0.11
          PC 2
          Intel Core i7-3770, GIGABYTE Z77X-UD5H F14, 16GB RAM,
          Geforce 650 GTX, 5x HDD, Windows 7,
          GV software: EDIUS 7.42, ProCoder 3.0
          GV hardware: HD SPARK
          software: Telestream Switch, DTS-HD MAS, Dolby Media Meter

Comment

Originally posted by dpalomaki View Post
            and his good looks are exceeded only by his intelligence and generosity
            and he is an inpar judge of wine, women, and horse flesh!
            I totally agree on the above
            Anton Strauss
            Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Hey Anton, if you ever make it to Dunedin give me a call and we will investigate Speights brewery and alehouse- it's good and I owe you that for your patient help over the years. (I think sometimes that I am the patient!!)
              Cheers!
              Rod
              Rod Pike

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
                right click the sync button and choose track lock or unlock

it is not the place where one would expect it :)
                Thanks! Now I can avoid accidentally deleting things due to poor mousemanship on my part!
                Cory Bretz
                Heirloom Films and Storybooks
                www.heirloomfilms.ca
                Life Stories & Family History

MSI GT75 Laptop with i7-8750H 2.2GHz Hexa 6 Core processor, 48GB Ram, 256GB SSD + 2 TB NVME, GeForce® GTX 1080 8GB GDDR5X & 2 LG IPS235 monitors, Thunderbolt™ 3 & 6TB G-Drive, Edius Pro 10, NewBlueFX Titler Pro 7, VisTitle 2.6, Windows 10 Home Ver 21H1 and an army of teeny tiny video editing faeries.

Comment

Working...
                X