Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Downloading and Installing 4.52 for SP and non-hardware (laptop) update?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downloading and Installing 4.52 for SP and non-hardware (laptop) update?

I noticed that 4.52 is an update patch available now.

I own a couple of licenses of Edius Broadcast - one for my SP machine, one for my laptop (no Canopus hardware - software only).

I went to my product downloads, and I see the 4.52 update available in 'EDIUS Broadcast v4'. I had previously used this download to update my software only version/machine.

When I go to the 'EDIUS SP/EDIUS SP for HDV' selection, there is no link for the update, but a note under 'EDIUS Software Updates' to Please register your software.

Can I download the 4.52 update from the EDIUS Broadcast v4 category and safely apply it to each machine (SP hardware machine and the software only laptop), or should I plan to register my SP software (not sure how), to receive a speciate update version for my SP machine? I don't want to mess with any hardware drivers that I might be missing etc.

Hope this makes sense...

Thanks much.

Yes, the update is the same for all versions, which is why EDIUS v4 updates are centralized under the EDIUS v4 (software) registration and not under the various hardware that it may come with.

Comment

As Brandon said, this is correct.

I changed this since managing downloads for hardware products was becoming a nightmare, given the different software versions. Every copy of EDIUS, whether sold alone or bundled with hardware, has a serial number unique to it alone. That'll ensure that you always have access to updates for the software.

Comment

Every copy of EDIUS, whether sold alone or bundled with hardware, has a serial number unique to it alone. That'll ensure that you always have access to updates for the software.
        I thought the problem was with a server when too many users trying to download updates... I use same serial for desktop and laptop, just swithing the dongle... Is it ok?
        Asus P8P67, Intel i7 2600K working at 4.50 Ghz, 16Gb Kingston RAM, Windows 7 64bit, 500Gb system drive, 320Gb Data drive and 1TB RAID-0 for AV, Edius NX Express, EVGA nVidia GTX 570 2.5CB DDR5, 750w ALTEC power and some creativity...

Comment

Since you're a single user and not using both at the same time, then it's within the intent and terms of the license agreement.

It'd be different if you were trying to use two copies of EDIUS simultaneously.

Comment

Working...
          X