X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    THoff

• THoff
    replied
    My system crashes as well with V4.52. Also, when TMP first opens up, the toolbar underneath the menu is obscured with a black rectangle -- if I minimize TMP and restore it, everything looks fine.

On my system the crash happens when I click on the TMP-generated title containing a crawl or roll and try to scrub the timeline. Doesn't matter whether it is during the same session where the title was created, or during a subsequent session where the project is reopened.

In case it helps the developers, I have attached a Dr. Watson Minidump of the crash.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• George_S

• George_S
    replied
    Originally posted by rbharte View Post
    I have the same problem. I can make the roll. but as soon as I try to test it in Edius it crashes Edius. 4.52
    Just read this post and since I had been using the new 4.52 for a day during and edit session, I added a TM roll title and sure enough Edius crashed as soon as I hit the play key. Started Edius three times and got the same result. I can say that over the years that I have used and upgraded Edius, I hve been fortunate in not experiencing most of the issue that I have read here at times. My system has been rock stable with Edius until now. Please fix this as soon as possible.

Leave a comment:

• Virs

• Virs
    replied
    working OK including ctrl S
    Ctrl+S do not working in QT roll/crawl. Still work fine.

Leave a comment:

• PaulTV

• PaulTV
    replied
    Installed 4.52 on my Storm 2 system today - TMPro produces only 4x3 titles, I cannot get a 16x9 title out of it at all although no crashes, or crashes with Quicktitler which seems to be working OK including ctrl S.

So, looks like there is still a bug - time for someone to collect their last cheque and move on!!

Paul

Leave a comment:

• tuyle

• tuyle
    replied
    for whoever having problem with TMP, On the TMP window, when saving the file can you try this way: File - Export - Export ICG - ...
    Then Exit - Save change - No
    Open file (the one you exported/saved) on the bin then bring the title down to the timeline.

Leave a comment:

• PaulTV

• PaulTV
    replied
    Installed 4.52 yesterday - all TMP working fine, rolls, crawls, live out. Also Quick Titler appears fine too.

Paul

Leave a comment:

• skier-hughes

• skier-hughes
    replied
    Just installed 4.52 this very second. Everything went as well as it should, no hiccups.
    Opened up with all my previous projects to choose from, so opened my last one which has a still tmp title in it.

Real time changes are showing in my ext monitor :)

Now to try changing it to rolling.

Changed it to roll and it works a treat, used ctrl S and played then scrubbed timeline so fast the pc nearly took off, but no crashes here phew!!

Changed it to crawl, same again, no crash.

I haven't time to make another new project to do more testing now, but so far so good.

Graham

Leave a comment:

• michaeltobias

• michaeltobias
    replied
    I am also experiencing the crash problem when I try to create a crawl in TM. Three times I tried it and three times it crashed. No problem with creating a static page of text. Edius also crashes if I try to add the crawl clip to my bin (the same crawl clip which was saved somehow to my media drive - but not the bin - before crashing). The only thing I have tried to correct the problem was to reboot, but it did not solve the problem. Tonight I'll try to create a roll to see if it gives me the same problem.

Don't know if this is related to the problem or not, but when I was installing 4.52 I got dialogue boxes asking about modifying or repairing the program. I just went with the selected default settings during the install. Should there have been these dialogues? Or should the install have gone smoother?

Leave a comment:

• vortigern

• vortigern
    replied
    It appears i am not the only one then. I do not use roll much in titles so I guess I can manage. First of all, having finished all my present projects I am going to reinstall edius with the new update from scratch.

Leave a comment:

• drgagx

• drgagx
    replied
    I have just installed 4.52 (an upgrade from 4.24) and it crashed my system too. On an empty timeline I created a TMP title, selected roll, then save and exit. Altho a clip appeared on the tl, no title showed up on the screen and Edius crashed after a few seconds.

Edit update: TMP still works OK, but crawl also crashes my pc. I can then only get back into Edius after restarting my pc - unable to do so via task manager.
    drgagx
    Last edited by drgagx; 10-05-2007, 11:10 AM.

Leave a comment:

• mike0130

• mike0130
    replied
    I spoke with approx 10 Edius users. This is a bug. As well as most of them has a problem with Ctrl-S in Titler.

Leave a comment:

• tuyle

• tuyle
    replied
    I tried couple times with rolls on the timeline and no crashed (16:9 & 4:3 projects). Give us steps and we can verify it for you.

Leave a comment:

• rbharte

• rbharte
    replied
    Roll Problem

I have the same problem. I can make the roll. but as soon as I try to test it in Edius it crashes Edius. 4.52

Leave a comment:

• pjsssss

• pjsssss
    replied
    TMP roll workis here also. What project settings are you using?

Leave a comment:

• JPowell
    replied
    No problems here with a TM roll. SD 4:3 timeline 720x480.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X