making a progressive sd dvd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• making a progressive sd dvd

Hello again to everyone and thanks for your comments the last time round.

We have just shot a short piece for a regular client which was recorded in dvc pro 100 720p 50p Is there any way I can make a dvd [sd] and keep the progressiveness as this will be played back on either plasmas or lge lcd televisions?
    Under a 720 50p project within edius the option to make a dvd from the timeline is greyed out.Ive exported the clips to a single hq avi and yet the output to dvd option is still greyed out.
    Knowing this now I wish we had shot the piece in dvcpro 50 as This would have been the best option for a standard dvd
    Any ideas as to what you would do for best playback
    I have procoder 3 if required.
    Edius Version 7.4.Win 7 pro
    -Dual Xeon i7 2.66 Ghz x 5550quadcore NehalemHyper/Threading.SupermicroX8DAI motherboard. 1xwestern dig 32mb cache drive.2x 1tb samsung 32mb cache sata drives. 6x 2GB DDR3 ECC RAM.nVidia-gtx 760 card.Procoder3,Prodad,New Blue,Blufftitler After Effects,cinemasuite etc.

I don't think a 50p DVD is legal, DVD-spec wise?

Comment

The DVD creation option in Edius will be grayed unless the project settings are DVD-legal.

My recommendation would be to export a progressive SD MPEG2 file using Procoder 3, and author outside of Edius. You can run the DVD Creator executable standalone, but I haven't used it much, nor do I have any experience with PAL disk authoring.

I have created progressive SD NTSC DVDs by exporting through Procoder 3, and authoring in Ulead's DVD Movie Factory.

Comment

Working...
      X