Effect with layers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Effect with layers?

Can I do a dissapear effect with edius?I mean that effect where you want to make a guy to appear and dissapear from frame.i know the part without moving the camera, but this effect can be done in edius?or just in AE with layers?anyone tried this?

Shoot the talent against a green or blue screen. If you do that it is easy to do in EDIUS.
    Steve

Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
    EDIUS support and Downloads

Comment

If you just want them to pop off, you can shoot the talent in a location, stop the camera, remove the talent, and then start the camera again.
      This is pretty much how they did Bewitched.
      At this point, you could add a special effect or something. Make sure the background is static and cars and people are not moving.
      Jerry
      Six Gill DV
      www.sgdvtutorials.com
      If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
      http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
      Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

the problem is like that:I have the talent on a chair, and some dancers on the front line.in some part the talent need to dissapear, and the dancers to keep doing their stuff.i know it's easy to do this with a green screen but i don't have it

Comment

as long as the dancers are not in front of him, it is easy, as long as you have a shot of the stage before the people came on stage and as long as the camera did not move
          Anton Strauss
          Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

ok and how can I do the edit part?.can you make a short tutorial?

Comment

Originally posted by Tole View Post
              ok and how can I do the edit part?.can you make a short tutorial?
              just place the clip that has nobody in the chair (even a still frame) above at the timeline position where the actor should vanish

add mask filter and draw mask around the chair area and then set outside to 0 opacity
              Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

I have version 5.50 and i can't find the "mask" at video filters:( can i take that filter somewhere?

Comment

I think mask started in Edius 6.x.
                  Jerry
                  Six Gill DV
                  www.sgdvtutorials.com
                  If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
                  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
                  http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
                  Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Originally posted by Tole View Post
                    I have version 5.50 and i can't find the "mask" at video filters:( can i take that filter somewhere?
                    5.5 does not have the mask tool, so you need to take a still frame and take it to Photoshops, duplicate layer, turn off bottom layer, draw around the chair, select inverse and delete all on the outside, save as PSD and add to timeline at spot where person needs to vanish
                    Anton Strauss

Comment

thank's for help,but i think i will make that upgrade at 6 version.something about stabilize in edius some shaky footage anybody know?

Comment

Working...
                      X