• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rusty
    replied
    Congratulations Kirt,

Nice move to Edius and Multicam.

I create a Sequence called Ceremony, make my edits and leave them all as they are. Just in case I need to make some last minute changes.
    The Ceremony Sequence can now be "Nested" within a larger Project sequence and reviewed from there.

Rusty

Leave a comment:

• jkirk
    replied
    Originally posted by deebee69 View Post
    I was just wondwering whilst ingesting 6 hours of sd video into our computer, what workflo other people/editors adopt for long form shooting such as weddings .
    Do you review all the footage and just bring in what you want.

Do you create an offline file and if you do at what res do you use.

Do you bring the whole lot in and take chunks out

Also what workflo do you adopt for 2 camera shoots ?Ive tried multicam which I like but find it gets complicated when using it on 6 hours of footage?

I recently switch to Edius. The following is the process that I am using for my first official edit with Edius.

I am in the process of editing about 8 hour multicam wedding event. I am finding the I enjoy doing all my editing on the timeline.
    The multicam feature of Edius is wonderful feature. I load the footage from the cameras into a sequence name Multicam.
    I play the footage in mulitcam mode and selected the shots I desire and then do the fine
    tuning. When a particular segment of the Wedding is to my liking I then transfer
    it to a single track and then add to the bin as sequence. On this particular event I was only allowed to use two cameras.

So far, I do not regret my switch to Edius.

-Kirt

Leave a comment:

• BenK63
    replied
    Originally posted by hedleyw View Post
    What is the correct procedure for bug reporting or is discussion here sufficient?
    You can start a new thread in the forum "User-Reported Issues":
    http://ediusforum.grassvalley.com/fo...splay.php?f=17

Leave a comment:

• pjsssss
    replied
    Hedley, see my PM to you.

Leave a comment:

• hedleyw
    replied
    Originally posted by BenK63 View Post
    Ouch... really ugly! Anybody reported this one?
    I sent an email (can't remember where) some time ago but didn't receive a reply. This bug is really slowing me down. If you want to delete audio from a clip and then trim it is a real headache.

What is the correct procedure for bug reporting or is discussion here sufficient?

Leave a comment:

• BenK63
    replied
    Have you tried trimming the clip after deleting the audio?
    Ouch... really ugly! Anybody reported this one?

Leave a comment:

• mattmatt
    replied
    you can zoom into the slider in the source monitor. Just place in and out, and press that funny little button to the left :) it would be nice to be able to ad markers here....avid can.

Leave a comment:

• hedleyw
    replied
    You mean "Delete Parts / Delete Audio Clip"? Seems to work without problems here in 4.52...
    Have you tried trimming the clip after deleting the audio?

Leave a comment:

• BenK63
    replied
    and incorrect V/A linking (linking to neighbouring clips!) where audio is deleted from a clip.
    You mean "Delete Parts / Delete Audio Clip"? Seems to work without problems here in 4.52...

Leave a comment:

• hedleyw
    replied
    Edius is quite close to fully support both styles (split and combined)! For the split style, there are only a few anomalies like the bin copy behavior.
    and incorrect V/A linking (linking to neighbouring clips!) where audio is deleted from a clip.

Leave a comment:

• BenK63
    replied
    Originally posted by Rusty View Post
    If there are two audio grouped with the video, the bin gets 3 files! Kinda' silly!
    Rusty (sigh!)
    I assume you're talking about channel 1 and 2 of the same clip, on separate monaural audio tracks. Moreover, in this scenario the 2 audio clips you get in the bin are identical, both containing the 2 audio channels!

Kenneally actually started a poll about the different VA editing styles:
    http://ediusforum.grassvalley.com/fo...ead.php?t=2940
    Edius is quite close to fully support both styles (split and combined)! For the split style, there are only a few anomalies like the bin copy behavior.

Leave a comment:

• Rusty
    replied
    If there are two audio grouped with the video, the bin gets 3 files! Kinda' silly!

You could send them to the bin as a Sequence, but lose the waveforms.

Rusty (sigh!)

Leave a comment:

• BenK63
    replied
    Originally posted by GrassValley_BH View Post
    You can "add clip to Bin" from the Timeline. Some people do this - they cut on the timeline, then add those cut clips back to the Bin.
    This is would be very useful, if it hadn't the major drawback that every clip is split into 2 clips in the bin (video and audio separated). The only solution for this is to work without channel mappings and use the exotic VA track type.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_BH
    replied
    You can "add clip to Bin" from the Timeline. Some people do this - they cut on the timeline, then add those cut clips back to the Bin.

Leave a comment:

• Romigo
    replied
    For Wedding and long sequential projects - timeline editing is much faster because you dont need to play certain parts twice (once in the player once on timeline) You can directly hear how it goes with the music and do audio leveling simultanously.

For news reports and films: - I usually open two sequences: MAIN (final) and some SOURCE sequences.
    I put some camera clips to source seq. in the order how they are on tape.
    (Simply I use sequence as a player.) It is much easier to find desired position on timeline then in player.
    These are advantages :Timeline is much longer then player slider, I can zoom it in and out, I can see audio waves (were speaker start a sentence)..., I can put markers ... I can quickly compare first, second, third take..., I can name sequence... I dont need to care about nasty clip numbers and all time seek the bin which clip is next.

Then I simply cut, copy and paste from souce sequence to Main.

Its a pitty that i canot have opened TWO SEQUENCES simultanously on screen.
    Than I could only drug and drop by mouse. I'ts so simply.
    In the past I have used to do it in old stormEdit I opened two programs and drug and drop clips from one to another.
    Last edited by Romigo; 10-05-2007, 03:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X