wedding workflo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BenK63 View Post
    Ouch... really ugly! Anybody reported this one?
    I sent an email (can't remember where) some time ago but didn't receive a reply. This bug is really slowing me down. If you want to delete audio from a clip and then trim it is a real headache.

What is the correct procedure for bug reporting or is discussion here sufficient?
    Hedley Wright
    Partner - Brett Vale Studios

System: Mac Pro 2 x Quad-Core intel Xeon 6GB RAM, nVidia GeForce 8800GT 512MB, 2 BenQ FP937s 19" Wide Monitors, 200 Gb Bootcamp Window XP Pro partition, 550Gb OsX Leopard partition, RAID 0 Video drive 2 x 750Gb WD Caviar | Edius 5.11, NX Express

Comment

Hedley, see my PM to you.

Comment

Originally posted by hedleyw View Post
        What is the correct procedure for bug reporting or is discussion here sufficient?
        You can start a new thread in the forum "User-Reported Issues":
        http://ediusforum.grassvalley.com/fo...splay.php?f=17

Comment

Originally posted by deebee69 View Post
          I was just wondwering whilst ingesting 6 hours of sd video into our computer, what workflo other people/editors adopt for long form shooting such as weddings .
          Do you review all the footage and just bring in what you want.

Do you create an offline file and if you do at what res do you use.

Do you bring the whole lot in and take chunks out

Also what workflo do you adopt for 2 camera shoots ?Ive tried multicam which I like but find it gets complicated when using it on 6 hours of footage?

I recently switch to Edius. The following is the process that I am using for my first official edit with Edius.

I am in the process of editing about 8 hour multicam wedding event. I am finding the I enjoy doing all my editing on the timeline.
          The multicam feature of Edius is wonderful feature. I load the footage from the cameras into a sequence name Multicam.
          I play the footage in mulitcam mode and selected the shots I desire and then do the fine
          tuning. When a particular segment of the Wedding is to my liking I then transfer
          it to a single track and then add to the bin as sequence. On this particular event I was only allowed to use two cameras.

So far, I do not regret my switch to Edius.

-Kirt

Comment

Congratulations Kirt,

Nice move to Edius and Multicam.

I create a Sequence called Ceremony, make my edits and leave them all as they are. Just in case I need to make some last minute changes.
            The Ceremony Sequence can now be "Nested" within a larger Project sequence and reviewed from there.

Rusty
            Rusty Rogers | Films
            >TYAN S7025 - 32GB RAM, 2 x Xeon X5690's, 4 x 10k video HD's, Win10 x64, BM DecklinkHD, nVidia TITAN, 12TB DroboPro w/iSCISI connection
            >RAZER BLADE - QHD+ - 16GB RAM, i7-6700HQ Quad, 512GB SSD, Win10 x64, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

An inglorious peace is better than a dishonorable war.
            Twain - "Glances at History" 1906

Comment

Working...
            X