wedding workflo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mattmatt View Post
    I learnt to edit tape to tape at a television network, so my transition to NLE's reflects that style (3 point and 4 point editing). Thats the way I work fastest and makes most sense to me, its not better than any other way, I just say it's THE BEST because I am bias and like to stir the pot.
    Heh, EDIUS has some deep roots there too...

Comment

Originally posted by mattmatt View Post
      I learnt to edit tape to tape at a television network, so my transition to NLE's reflects that style (3 point and 4 point editing). Thats the way I work fastest and makes most sense to me, its not better than any other way, I just say it's THE BEST because I am bias and like to stir the pot.
      Brandon is correct in the roots that Edius has in the broadcast market and they are getting deeper every day. There are several of us that are training various broadcast people around the country here and they all use the 3 and 4 point edits. I still think using the timeline is faster, but for broadcast the 3 and 4 point edits work very well.

BTW, there is an Edius T shirt! I am wearing one right now. GV gave away quite a few at NAB this past year.

Comment

Getting back on topic here David.

I use three cameras when shooting weddings and I just put everything into the computer so I don't forget anything. I run all three cameras the entire ceremony so I have a full stage perspective, a stage left looking at the bride perspective and a manned camera in the isle perspective. I put all three tapes on the time line and look for the expressions as the key points in editing. Everything else is just to break up the single camera look.
        Ken,

Edius 5.12 2XOpteron 280s, K8WE, NX, SATA 1Tera, Radeon Extreme X850, 24" Dell LCD and some other 17" LCD, Pioneer BD-RW BDR-205(1.02),
        Sony Cams; FX1, FX1000, FXR-7.
        Owner - D&J Video Productions

Comment

A real edius T-shirt!!! AWESOME! I'm jealous :)
          When I go out, I wear my EDIUS T-Shirt.

Comment

For Wedding and long sequential projects - timeline editing is much faster because you dont need to play certain parts twice (once in the player once on timeline) You can directly hear how it goes with music and do audio leveling simultanously.

For news reports: - I open two sequences: MAIN (final) and some SOURCE sequences.
            I put camera clips to source seq. in the order how they are on tape.
            (Simply I use sequence as a player.) It is much easier to find desired position on timeline then in player.
            These are advantages :Timeline is much longer, I can zoom it, I can see audio waves..., I can put markers ... I can compase first, second, third ... take..., I can name it...

Then I simply copy and paste from souce sequence to Main.

Its a pitty that i canot have open bouth simultanously on screen. Than I could only drug and drop by mouse. I'ts so simply. I have used to do it in old stormEdit I opened two programs and drug and drop clips from one to another.

Comment

For Wedding and long sequential projects - timeline editing is much faster because you dont need to play certain parts twice (once in the player once on timeline) You can directly hear how it goes with the music and do audio leveling simultanously.

For news reports and films: - I usually open two sequences: MAIN (final) and some SOURCE sequences.
              I put some camera clips to source seq. in the order how they are on tape.
              (Simply I use sequence as a player.) It is much easier to find desired position on timeline then in player.
              These are advantages :Timeline is much longer then player slider, I can zoom it in and out, I can see audio waves (were speaker start a sentence)..., I can put markers ... I can quickly compare first, second, third take..., I can name sequence... I dont need to care about nasty clip numbers and all time seek the bin which clip is next.

Then I simply cut, copy and paste from souce sequence to Main.

Its a pitty that i canot have opened TWO SEQUENCES simultanously on screen.
              Than I could only drug and drop by mouse. I'ts so simply.
              In the past I have used to do it in old stormEdit I opened two programs and drug and drop clips from one to another.
              Last edited by Romigo; 10-05-2007, 03:01 PM.

Comment

You can "add clip to Bin" from the Timeline. Some people do this - they cut on the timeline, then add those cut clips back to the Bin.

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_BH View Post
                  You can "add clip to Bin" from the Timeline. Some people do this - they cut on the timeline, then add those cut clips back to the Bin.
                  This is would be very useful, if it hadn't the major drawback that every clip is split into 2 clips in the bin (video and audio separated). The only solution for this is to work without channel mappings and use the exotic VA track type.

Comment

If there are two audio grouped with the video, the bin gets 3 files! Kinda' silly!

You could send them to the bin as a Sequence, but lose the waveforms.

Rusty (sigh!)
                    Rusty Rogers | Films
                    >TYAN S7025 - 32GB RAM, 2 x Xeon X5690's, 4 x 10k video HD's, Win10 x64, BM DecklinkHD, nVidia TITAN, 12TB DroboPro w/iSCISI connection
                    >RAZER BLADE - QHD+ - 16GB RAM, i7-6700HQ Quad, 512GB SSD, Win10 x64, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

An inglorious peace is better than a dishonorable war.
                    Twain - "Glances at History" 1906

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
                      If there are two audio grouped with the video, the bin gets 3 files! Kinda' silly!
                      Rusty (sigh!)
                      I assume you're talking about channel 1 and 2 of the same clip, on separate monaural audio tracks. Moreover, in this scenario the 2 audio clips you get in the bin are identical, both containing the 2 audio channels!

Kenneally actually started a poll about the different VA editing styles:
                      http://ediusforum.grassvalley.com/fo...ead.php?t=2940
                      Edius is quite close to fully support both styles (split and combined)! For the split style, there are only a few anomalies like the bin copy behavior.

Comment

Originally posted by BenK63 View Post
                        Edius is quite close to fully support both styles (split and combined)! For the split style, there are only a few anomalies like the bin copy behavior.
                        and incorrect V/A linking (linking to neighbouring clips!) where audio is deleted from a clip.
                        Hedley Wright
                        Partner - Brett Vale Studios

System: Mac Pro 2 x Quad-Core intel Xeon 6GB RAM, nVidia GeForce 8800GT 512MB, 2 BenQ FP937s 19" Wide Monitors, 200 Gb Bootcamp Window XP Pro partition, 550Gb OsX Leopard partition, RAID 0 Video drive 2 x 750Gb WD Caviar | Edius 5.11, NX Express

Comment

Originally posted by hedleyw View Post
                          and incorrect V/A linking (linking to neighbouring clips!) where audio is deleted from a clip.
                          You mean "Delete Parts / Delete Audio Clip"? Seems to work without problems here in 4.52...

Comment

Originally posted by BenK63 View Post
                            You mean "Delete Parts / Delete Audio Clip"? Seems to work without problems here in 4.52...
                            Have you tried trimming the clip after deleting the audio?
                            Hedley Wright
                            Partner - Brett Vale Studios

System: Mac Pro 2 x Quad-Core intel Xeon 6GB RAM, nVidia GeForce 8800GT 512MB, 2 BenQ FP937s 19" Wide Monitors, 200 Gb Bootcamp Window XP Pro partition, 550Gb OsX Leopard partition, RAID 0 Video drive 2 x 750Gb WD Caviar | Edius 5.11, NX Express

Comment

you can zoom into the slider in the source monitor. Just place in and out, and press that funny little button to the left :) it would be nice to be able to ad markers here....avid can.
                              When I go out, I wear my EDIUS T-Shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by hedleyw View Post
                                Have you tried trimming the clip after deleting the audio?
                                Ouch... really ugly! Anybody reported this one?

Comment

Working...
                                X