Fade to White

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fade to White

Hi. When I was using Premiere it had a transition called Dip to White, which faded out one clip to the other fading to white instead of black. I've tried to find a way to do this in Edius. Can anyone help me out? It's hard to explain it so I hope it makes sense and you can follow me. Thanks.
    System:
    Custom build PC: EDIUS 9 Pro; ASUS PRIME H310M-A Motherboard; Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz; 16GB Corsair DDR3 RAM; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB; 500 Watt PSU, 1 x 250GB SATA2 Drive for System, 1 x 1TB and 1 x 2TB SATA2 drives for video footage; Pioneer BDR-207DBK 12x Internal BD-RW Burner; Windows 10 64 Bit

UK & Ireland Cameraman and Video Editor

Originally posted by Alpha Video View Post
    Hi. When I was using Premiere it had a transition called Dip to White, which faded out one clip to the other fading to white instead of black. I've tried to find a way to do this in Edius. Can anyone help me out? It's hard to explain it so I hope it makes sense and you can follow me. Thanks.
    Found my own answer here. Didn't search enough.
    System:
    Custom build PC: EDIUS 9 Pro; ASUS PRIME H310M-A Motherboard; Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz; 16GB Corsair DDR3 RAM; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB; 500 Watt PSU, 1 x 250GB SATA2 Drive for System, 1 x 1TB and 1 x 2TB SATA2 drives for video footage; Pioneer BDR-207DBK 12x Internal BD-RW Burner; Windows 10 64 Bit

UK & Ireland Cameraman and Video Editor

Comment

Very quick way to do this...... Right click timeline, 'New Clip', Colour Matte. Click on the first box, select white. Pop this clip under the clip you want to fade to white. Alter opacity to suite of clip you wish to fade - Job done.
      Sounds more complicated than it is - Whole thing takes seconds to do.
      Main Editing System: Sinclair ZX81 0.75Mhz chip (Overclocked to 12Ghz), Liquid Nitrogen Cooled. 48k of RAM, Compact Cassette tape drive (9600 baud), 4" B&W monitor. No keyboard - all input by thought transfer from a colander on my head. Gives me 180 layers of 4k in real time (all with 3D PIP added) and can encode and burn a 2 hour Blu Ray in just under 12 seconds. Custom editing chair that floats on magnets 2 feet above the floor. I am also able to travel in time.

Comment

Found my own answer here. Didn't search enough.
        I remember that post from a while back. I have the preset on all my edit setups. Great little addition thanks to Pat for that one.
        Main System. MSI G33m Motherboard, Intel Q6600 CPU, 2GB Ram, GeForce 9500GT, 7200rpm System drive. WinXP. Lots of external eSATA drives.

Laptop. Sony Vaio. CPU- i7-Gen 3, 8gb RAM, 1tbb 5400rpm hard drive, AMD GPU

Comment

Would be great to have it in the standard presets.
          Newbies may not find their way to this solution.

Andreas
          Andreas Gumm
          post production / authoring
          PC 1Intel Core i7-970 (6 x 3.20 GHz),
          ASUS P6T Deluxe V2, 12 GB RAM, Geforce 9800GT
          Windows 7 Ultimate,
          GV software: EDIUS 7.42, VisTitle v2.5,
          GV hardware: 3G Storm
          software SONY DoStudio Indie + EX 4.0.11
          PC 2
          Intel Core i7-3770, GIGABYTE Z77X-UD5H F14, 16GB RAM,
          Geforce 650 GTX, 5x HDD, Windows 7,
          GV software: EDIUS 7.42, ProCoder 3.0
          GV hardware: HD SPARK
          software: Telestream Switch, DTS-HD MAS, Dolby Media Meter

Comment

Ahhh, but what a perfect segue to pushing them to the joys of being able to make your own effects and save them...
            1: 3970X Threadripper, Asus ROG Strix TR40 E Gaming, G. Skill Trident Z Neo 128G DDR4 3600, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1T, Intel 660P M.2 2T (2), Seagate Ironwolf NAS 12T, Enermax TR4 360 AIO, Lian Li 011 DXL, AJA Kona 4, Asus ROG Thor 1200

2: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64G DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512G, GeForce GTX 1080ti SC Black, Corsair AX1200i, Phanteks Luxe, 16T RAID HGST Deskstar NAS 4T, Corsair H115i AIO, BM IP 4K

Comment

I made a fade to black using a GPU effect - and you can change the black to white if you want.

http://www.dvc.uk.com/downloads/fade_to_black.zip
              EDIUS silver certified trainer.
              Main edit laptop: DVC Kaby Lake desktop processor laptop, 32GB RAM, 3.5Ghz i5 desktop processor, nVidia 1060, Windows 10.
              Desktop: 4Ghz 9900K processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1660TI GPU, Windows 10.
              Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10

Comment

A good example of DIY, David.
                Perfect on black and white.
                But, as Andreas said, it will be not a luxury to add some standard presets like these ones.

Marc
                System : W7 Ultimate - MB: Asus Z170 - I7 6700K - Ram 16 Go - SSD1 256 Go (OS/log) - SSD2 1To (rushes) - HDD 4To (save) - Nvidia Asus GTX970 - HDspark - Edius WG 9 - Vistitle 2.6 - Robuskey - Mercalli4 - Neat video - Ignite - Hitfilm4Pro - AV : Eset Nod32 - Others : Moniteur Sony 32-EX500 - Cam : Sony EX1-R - 2 x Sony PXW-X70 - 1 x Pana GH5
                Edius in France

Comment

I just add a white clip, from the colour matte, and make a dissolve of whatever duration into that. Always did that even from the days of Canopus Strom Lets Edit

Comment

Working...
                  X