Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I change Lower field to Upper field?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I change Lower field to Upper field?

Hi
    Can anybody help me? How can we change project setting from lower field to upper field?
    My video source is;
    NTSC 72x480
    Interlaced, upper field
    Frame rate: 29.97
    Aspect ratio: 16:9

I didn’t find any Upper field project in Edius preset and also I couldn’t find a way to change field rendering in project setting, what should I do?
    What project settings are better for my video source? Lower field or Progressive?
    Appreciate any advice in advance.

You need to render a file as upper-field first?

Comment

Originally posted by Sean View Post
      Hi
      Can anybody help me? How can we change project setting from lower field to upper field?
      My video source is;
      NTSC 72x480
      Interlaced, upper field
      Frame rate: 29.97
      Aspect ratio: 16:9

I didn’t find any Upper field project in Edius preset and also I couldn’t find a way to change field rendering in project setting, what should I do?
      What project settings are better for my video source? Lower field or Progressive?
      Appreciate any advice in advance.
      you have preset (D1) in edius:

"Frame size : 720 x 486
      Frame rate : 29,97( 30000/1001 )
      Pixel aspect : 1,2000
      Field order : Top Field First
      Audio
      Rate : 48000Hz
      Sample size : 24 Bit
      Channel : 2
      Additional Info

D1"
      custom PC No 1 ; mdb: Gigabyte Z68A-D3H-B3, cpu: i7 2600K, vga 1: 2x nvidia gainward GTX 670 (2GB), vga 2: intel ,ram: kingstone hyperx ddr3 16GB, sys HDD: SSD Transcend 128GB, monitors: 3x LG L225WT dvi, 1x plasma tv LG 50PK350 nle: HD SPARK, OS: windows 7 x64 ultimate

custom PC No 2; mdb: asus P6T deluxe v2, cpu: i7 920, vga: nvidia gainward 275 (896mb), ram: kingstone hyperx ddr3 12GB, monitor: 2x LG L20WT dvi, OS: windows 7 x64 ultimate

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_BH View Post
        You need to render a file as upper-field first?

Why should I render files as upper field first while they are upper field?
        And you didn’t say what project setting is better for these files.
        Thanks

Comment

are the upper field first files causing problems in the DV lower field project? if not, then no need to change anything

if they flicker, then right click the clips and change field order to lower field first, this is the correct worldwide field order for DV files

do not change the project to D1 or you will lose lots of resolution due to a bug with Edius 4.5
          Anton Strauss
          Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
            if they flicker, then right click the clips and change field order to lower field first, this is the correct worldwide field order for DV files
            Not if these are MATROX PAL DV Files. Matrox insists that PAL DV is UFF and that that is correct and within spec. So if one is working with Matrox PAL DV files from, say, an RT.X2 or RT.100 then they will be UFF.

Comment

Originally posted by mark_m View Post
              Not if these are MATROX PAL DV Files. Matrox insists that PAL DV is UFF and that that is correct and within spec. So if one is working with Matrox PAL DV files from, say, an RT.X2 or RT.100 then they will be UFF.
              that is fine, I have used many matrox DV files supplied by customers and they work fine once I change the field order, I am not sure why matrox insist in UFF
              Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

does anyone have the bottom line on this?

if you have mixed clips (uf,lf) in one project - say standard DV (lf).

should you convert the uf clips or just conform them to the project field setting?

Comment

I just tested a matrox dv avi with upper field first in a Canopus DV lower field project

the result is perfect and does not flicker

if I change the matrox clip to lower field first, it flickers

so the moral of the story, do not alter the source field order and Edius will take care of the rest
                  Anton Strauss

Comment

Which brings us back to the original question.
                    In my experience Premiere Pro and Matrox are not so clever as Edius in being able to deal with mixed UFF and LFF footage on the timeline.
                    So I, too, would like to know how to render out LFF footage from Edius as UFF to be able to mix it with other UFF clips in a Matrox Pal DV project.

Comment

Anton's nailed it I think.
                      Leave the field order alone and Edius will take care of it just fine, assuming the field order reported by the clip is correct ie actually matches the clips field order.
                      If the field order of an imported clip is reporting incorrectly and so flickers at playback then just right click the clip and change the field order right there.
                      Couldn't be easier.

Comment

ProCoder Express lets you change the field order in advanced settings if you export to "video editing, microsoft dv"

I tested and the export speed was way faster than realtime
                        Anton Strauss

Comment

Working...
                        X