• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin_Gleeson
    replied
    Originally posted by Gordon B View Post
    Get an NX board later when he decides to do HDV, they might be cheaper

They never seem to get cheaper. There are offers from time to time, though.

Leave a comment:

• muleferg
    replied
    Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
    The NX board or similar would be essential if he wants to see video and hear audio on an external monitor without the delay caused by OHCI

I personally could not edit in OHCI mode
    Yes it is a pain.
    Mule

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    The NX board or similar would be essential if he wants to see video and hear audio on an external monitor without the delay caused by OHCI

I personally could not edit in OHCI mode

Leave a comment:

• Gordon B
    replied
    If he is just doing Standard Definition DV why woud he need an NX board, the OHCI would work fine. Get an NX board later when he decides to do HDV, they might be cheaper then too!.

Just a thought.

PS. I do HDV with my Asus P5K Premium and a Q6600 quad CPU and no NX board and it works like a dream.

Leave a comment:

• rando
    replied
    Edius NX

He is just doing DV he doesnt need the expansion. If he changes he can get it later I suppose.

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    Which Edius NX?

There are 3 types out there. The newest one is NX Express, it comes with 2 cards, both PCIe.

I am guessing you have the one that's PCIe without the expansion board?

How is he going to go out to a monitor though? You need the expansion board for component HD. Without the expansion board the NX is like a DVStorm.

Leave a comment:

• rando
    replied
    Edius NX

Cool, I dont even have the componet option. This is just the Edius NX not Edius NX Xpress. So I think theres only one card. Boy I cant believe how cheap stuffs gotten I got him a quad 2.4 for like $900 if it runs fast I may have to get one. I like the new asus board with PCI-X and Xpress for the CD2s

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    Oh, then you're good to go.

Put the graphics card in the 16x slot...and it doesn't really matter where you put the 2 NX cards. I would put the main board on the lowest PCIe slot, then the component board on top of it.

Leave a comment:

• rando
    replied
    Edius NX

It has 3 PCI-E slots open its the P5-B from Asus.

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    Not enough. NX Express requires 2 1x PCIe slots (4x/8x is fine too because they are backwards compatible).

So you need a total of 3 PCIe slots, one of them 16x for your graphics card. If there's more, then better for you.

What motherboard did you choose?

Check out Jerry's or Angelos sigs, they have good setups with single processors.

Leave a comment:

• rando
    started a topic Edius NX

Edius NX

I am building a system for a friend. I suggested the Edius NX (he wanted a Storm but they dont make them anymore) What kind of slot do I need for that? The MB I got him has one PCI Xpress 1X slot in addition to the 16X Video card slot. Is that enough?
Working...
X